They say that these are not the best of times but they're the only times I've ever known - countalucard
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Evolution of God - Page 3

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I think it was around that time I voted for Reagon - but he wasn't as bad as Bush".

Man you have changed allot okcitykid!

Sometimes people in life change so much that they look back and wonder how they could have been like that. As far as im concerned, any change is good as long as its for the better. Sometimes we amaze ourselves.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it all started when I read the bible when I was 13. The bible should be rated pg-13, do not read if you're 13 or under without parental guidance.

This is going to sound stupid - when I got to the part where Jesus said that if your hand offend thee, cut it off, it would be better to cut off your hand and go to heaven without a hand or foot then to go to hell fire whole. Being a 13 year old boy, ofcourse my hand would offend me, and I did want to cut it off. I got out a big knife, but I just couldn't get myself to do it, so I just cried.

Stupid - but I was thirteen. Now days, I'm not even sure Jesus said that, just because the bible says so doesn't mean its so.

Anyways - my search for salvation began there, it ended when I was 29. After having joined just about every church there was, looking for the one true church and that right way to be saved, I woke up one morning and began to ask some real serious questions. Like, who condemned me? What sin could I commit that would condemn me to eternal hell fire, etc, etc. I decided that I didn't believe anything, but would study everything, and not let anybody teach me.

I would say, that day, I was saved. It didn't take me but a week to decide that there was a God, because there is no other way to explaine the earth's natural order which could not have been created by accident, everything else however would be questionable, including what God was.

I pretty much don't believe that Jesus is our savior, however, I do believe he is a part of the process.

I studied everything and finally landed on the Gnostic teaching and believed they had the answer, then I had that dream, and now.

I don't know, it doesn't matter. God will take us as if we were a ball of clay and make us into himself, somehow, someway, and that's what life on earth is all about.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 43yrs • M •
Hey okcitykid, what did dream did you have? It seems that your spirituall journey has been well traveled and that you have found what you were looking for. Well done. It often takes many years to find the answer to lifes big questions and its a journey where we learn much about ourselves as well as the world around us.

64yrs • M •
I settled on the Gnostic teaching. They beleive there is a true God and a false god. The false god they believe created the body and the true God created our soul. Our mission on earth therefore was to free ourselves of the intrapment of the false god. Jesus (being our older brother) came and showed us the way by finally being resurrected. Made perfect sence to me. I was sure I had found the truth.

One night, in 1996, unexpectadly, for no reason what-so-ever, I had this dream. It was simply a voice, I saw nothing. The voice said, "It is true that the false god created your body, but the false god also created your soul, however, the true God will take you as if you were a ball of clay and reshape you unto himself, and this process takes time." I woke up.

Short, sweet and simple. I can be thankful that I no longer concern myself with salvation. But, I am left with so many questions. Like, what is the false god, and how did he create our body and our soul? I once believed that the false god where alains from another planet who planted there genes into apes and us humans developed. Now - I just don't have a clue.

43yrs • M •
I believe the Naga enigineered us and that they are very close to the entity that we call God. They possessed great widsom and knowledge and they were the purest and most handsome race. But our soul comes from God alone.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I believe the Naga enigineered us"

Like I'd kind of said elsewhere, I've heard of strong research from multiple researchers leading to this type of scenario.

But the one distinction from one to the next is the intention. Good or bad.

As for the closer to God point, it is easily looked at from a point similar to yours, but just as easy to see why primitives would consider them Godly, closer to God, or whatever even if they were just more technologically advanced, displaying God like abilities.

And as for engineering us, I can't see us so much as cattle in the food sense, unless they had a specific desire for such meat or some natural "human" secretion, spinal fluid etc., but we would make great slaves. Even that seems like it would be unlikely if they have good enough technology.

But we can't look past territorialism and some creatures' desires to dominate others, even as food and slaves, including sexual.

"they are very close to the entity that we call God"

So as for you, what makes you go in that direction?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 43yrs • M •
"And as for engineering us, I can't see us so much as cattle in the food sense, unless they had a specific desire for such meat or some natural "human" secretion, spinal fluid etc., but we would make great slaves. Even that seems like it would be unlikely if they have good enough technology".

I dont know what beings you speak of leftwood? The Naga were a very noble and just race who cared for humans.

They didnt develope our species for slaverey because all asian cultures the most prominant being the hindu culture hold the Naga in great regard. They possess great knowledge and wisdom and would share their knowledge with those they favoured as being worthy they treated us as their children.

"But we can't look past territorialism and some creatures' desires to dominate others, even as food and slaves, including sexual".

It is true that superior species will often dominate others, but the naga though very technologically advanced and physically superior to us were not of such nature as ancient cultures have mentioned.

"including sexual" - THIS IDEA IS THE ONLY CORRECT ONE YOU HAVE COME UP WITH LEFTWOOD!!
I said in one of my earlier posts - they were the purest and most handsome race, according to the ancient mythology of india - the naga were an extremely sensual race, their sensuas nature reflected the sensual nature of serpents protrayed in many cultures. Many cultures view the serpent in a strong sexuall way - the long courtship and sexual act of cobras in india and other snakes enforces this.

There have also been cases of extremely strong pair bonding between cobra males and females recorded in india. When a male was killed, the female would tirelessly persue and eventually kill the suspect who killed her mate.
The females in this nature were extremely fierce.

The reason why i mensioned this is because in mythology there are many legends of human men falling madly in love with female naga and persueing them deep into cave like palaces and never returning or perhaps returning after some change.

Female naga often were fond of human males and would intice men whome they favoured into following them into their lairs.

FEMALE NAGA WERE DESCRIBED AS BEING VERY BEAUTYFULL, VOLUPTIOUS, ROBUST (FAR MORE THAN HUMAN FEMALES) AND ENCHANTING. THEIR EYES WERE LARGE AND BEAUTYFULL LIKE EMERALDS AND THEIR BODIES WERE OFTEN DESCRIBED AS BEING ADORNED WITH GEMS. THE SKIN WAS SMOOTH AND SILKY LIKE A SNAKES AND THE HAIR WAS THICK AND SILKY SMOOTH AND OFTEN KEPT OPEN.

Female naga often would lewer human males whome they were fond off into their lairs and then make passionate love to them. After this the man would change into a naga, simply die of toxification or she would reveal some knowledge to him.

As for the part about being close to God - THE NAGA WERE AN EXTREMELY SPIRITUAL RACE WHO WERE FAR CLOSER TO GOD BY THEIR WISOM AND FAITH THEN WE EVER WILL.

46yrs • M
"The Naga were a very noble and just race who cared for humans"

"THIS IDEA IS THE ONLY CORRECT ONE YOU HAVE COME UP WITH LEFTWOOD!! "

For being open minded, you sure are reacting out of character.

So now you know history for certain?

I have heard of varying ancient cultures speaking of the same types of creatures and technologies, and knowledge, but with varying accounts of their intentions and dispositions.

Many lending to mass sacrifices to such creatures and "god" like entities from the seas and the stars who promised great knowledge and salvation. Sacrifices that were very popular in many ancient cultures, and none that I would consider good.

Without even knowing for certain I would feel very comfortable in guessing that the ancient asian cultures have legend of bad Naga as well.

Never assume I mean all of any one species or anything, there are always elements of both good and bad, you covered the good I'm mentioning the bad for balance.

One mustn't become so enamored with something that one is blinded from seeing the bad, or one will be left defenseless against it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
You might be interested in Hopi tradition. They speak of a people they call the ant people. The ant people warned them of a pending flood and sealed them up in a log until the flood was over. The ant people led them to their promised land in Arizona and helped them find water and food along the way and taught them how to find water in their new promised land, then left, promising to return.

If you take the tradition literal and think of logs and ants you most likely will miss it. Try to figure how they saw it thousands of years ago.

I never heard of the Nagi. That is interesting.

Edgar Cayce Claimed that a race of people, decendants of those who survived the destruction of Atlantis traveled around the world and were often ragarded as Gods, wise men, angels, etc.

But my dream said that the false god was also the creator of our soul. So I have to disagree with you there. But I don't expect you to believe my dreams.

42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Poprocks is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"When you say you love God what does it mean? It means that you love a projection of your own imagination, a projection of yourself clothed in certain forms of respectability according to what you think is noble and holy; so to say, `I love God', is absolute nonsense. When you worship God you are worshipping yourself - and that is not love." (Jiddu Krishnamurti)
What do you think about that?

""Be the change you want to see in the world ". Mahatma Gandhi"
 64yrs • M •
That must be how Jiddu Krishnamurti loves God.

When you stand out on the deck of a ship and see mountains of water role by, you say wow, that's God. You're not loving yourself.

43yrs • M •
"Never assume I mean all of any one species or anything, there are always elements of both good and bad, you covered the good I'm mentioning the bad for balance".

I dont no what species you speak of leftwood, but i have only been talking about the naga who in my culture have no bad side - they are only good. The reptilian beings you speak of are something im unfamilar with - im only familiar with the NAGA.

"For being open minded, you sure are reacting out of character".

"So now you know history for certain?"

Im not reacting out of character! As for the history part well i have studied the history and mythology or pseudo history of my country and culture as thoroughly as possible - Thankyou.

What im trying to get across is that im simply talking of 1 race that i have studied very thoroughly and am familiar with, im talking generally about these reptilian shape shifters that you speak of nor am i familiar with them.

My ancestors honoured the Naga, so please do not assosiate them with these aliens you speak of.

Heres a link - http://www.pantheon.org/articles/n/nagas.html

46yrs • M
"the naga who in my culture have no bad side - they are only good"

Claimed and assumed by tradition correct?

"Im not reacting out of character!"

You're expressing no room for other interpretations or possibilities, or even mistakes, this is out of character with an open mind.

"As for the history part well i have studied the history and mythology or pseudo history of my country and culture as thoroughly as possible - Thankyou."

Which is fine, unless you assume claimed and recorded history as accurate and factual with no chance of deviation. Especially in regards to cultural or religious folklore or passed down knowledge.

I was speaking generally about ancient reptilian referrences in general, how prevelant and common they are, and that usually good and bad are referred to in varying degrees.

"My ancestors honoured the Naga, so please do not assosiate them with these aliens you speak of."

All ancestors tend to honor something, I question all of it and make sensible associations where applicable, and when referring to ancient reptilians of your description, many other cultures become very relevant.

I appreciate information you give, but I feel alone in this sense.

Sensitivity towards one's beliefs shows weakness in one's conviction of that belief.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
Evolution of God - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy