Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Gay Marriage

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Gay Marriage
Your thoughts?

"You are reading this."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Gay Marrige-

Sounds good to me- I am not bothered by the sexual preferences of others If they choose to live togther permanently then I feel they should be allocated the same benifits a heterosexual couple receives. Why not I can't fathom- Gay marrige big deal lets ligitimize it and move on.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I say go for it windupnostril...

No big deal to me either......BUT...how about the twist where there are children involved?
I still haven't decided about that one.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Had this discussion on e-thepeople and was really shocked by the majority of the feedback.

Marriage is a religious thing, therefor the government has no right dictating rules of marriage. It is the job of the church. If a church marrys two men or two women together, the state has no right to make this bond illegal under both freedom of religion and separation of church and state. Most people disagreed with me. I just couldn't believe that.

Oh well - I stand my ground. It's no bodies business but Gods, certainly not the states.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol-well i was watching larry king the other day and they had this gay guy who wanted to get married, a priest, the mayor of california who was granting marriage licenses to gays, and a senator lady who was opposed to gay marriage.
i am against discrimination, but the main argument is that allowing gays to marry is going to lead to the "destruction of the act of marriage," by sort of making its definition so broad that it will lead to other things, like polygamy and such, until marriage really doesn't mean anything anymore.
i for one think this is a kind of weak argument, but i can see the point that they are trying to make--so the choice seems to be, discriminate against gays who want to get married, or redifine marriage until its definition eventually starts to blur and become unclear and very general. instead of between a man and a woman, now it is between a man and a man, and pretty soon itll be multiple men, multimple men and women, etc.--as long as it is mutual concent, i suppose.
i really doubt that something this crazy would happen, but people are so adamant about holding onto their traditional values that they fear any small chance of losing their precious conception of classical marriage.
here is my suggestion--get rid of marriage altogether. its just a stupid ceremony anyway, and its only purpose is really to keep religious people happy. i suppose i agree that the government should not have any control on marriage, but let the church be in charge of that, so it becomes a matter of the church discriminating against gays. i don't know about what can be done about this, but i mainly think that the people who are so opposed to gays getting married are mostly homophobic old men who like to dress up in their wive's underwear when no one's home.
if they didn't have something against gays in general, none of these kind of stupid arguments about this horrible "redefining of the word marriage" would hold much ground i don't think.

"You are reading this."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I guess I can see the point of the religious and if they wish to corner the word marrige so be it- as far as that goes I don't give a damn being non religious that is there bussines to decide religion by religion- but from the lagal aspect of the matter that is a different question all together. Church and state must remain seperate. So marrige in the religious sense doesn't mean anything anymore big deal if your not religious it didn't mean anything anyway in that context. So when religious groups oppose same sex 'mariges ' they are in the same token trying to monopolize legal benifits of unions for hetero sexual couples only.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Marriage is a religious thing, therefor the government has no right dictating rules of marriage."
Many things a government shouldnt have the right to dictate, (Personal lives, lifestyles, what we choose to take (drugs) and other personalised things). But they are after all the government and will always have the final say.

Personally i think Gay marriages should be allowed, no valid reason for them not to be. I agree with I R Me

Windupnostril, everything will change eventually, people do not stop it, only prolong it.

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I say gay marriage is aok with me. I agree with the majority of people here about churches etc always wanting to push there rules onto non-religious people. Im surposed to be Christian but I dont go to church and I dont abide by the rules as such I just know whats right and wrong and a FREE world with FREE speech id RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT!!

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It would have never became an issue if married people didn't get special treatment and such. This becoming an issue I'm sure our for fathers did not count on. But the argument is weak, we are already untriditional.

I hate it when the church always tries to get the state to side with it. They should know better then that, and we should know better not to listen.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Gay Marriage
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy