In a moment everything can change - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Motivation

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Motivation
What origionally brought me to this site was a search for philosophies of life. I have had a terrible problem for a long time and that is with motivation- I am heavy into escapism lately I just Cannot seem to get going at all. So my question is what drives you what motivates you? Any ideas on how to jumpstart a half dead brain?

Any ideas appreciated.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am the same way usually...what i do is try and find small projects, anything really that will give you a sense of accomplishment. Once I finish one, then I want to do another.
And if ur like me u really have to kick urself in the ass to get started on the first one.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think everyone is the same. its hard to find the motovation to do something when you have to do it, or when you think you have to do it. Let your ideas flow naturally. Then all of a sudden bam a wonderful idea hits you. But if you have the motovation to find motovation, drive to you your nearest forest, mountains,or other natural places. this always works for me, or take a storll down your neighbor hood, or nearest large city. its best to get int he middle of what you are trying to accomplish.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 44yrs • M •
Jali is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I R Me, How much of your life makes sense? And you can answer that for yourself, but what I am getting at is that sometimes I think that people have a hard time doing things because an overall purpose is missing. And I am not trying to give you a religious reawakening, not by far. It is just that I don't have a problem doing the things that I really love to do. But I have worked hard to make sense of the world and see how things interrelate. Once that happened, it became pretty clear what I should be doing. What is hard for me is to do the things that are interludes to the bigger goal. But in general, I think that when people have fragmented worldviews, meaning that "life doesn't fit together" then it is hard to see the reason behind doing anything.

If you feel like you do understand the world sufficiently, then I would venture to say that you might need construct your life world to keep you from getting distracted.

"I could be wrong"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
having another person by my side to help me get started works for me. also you can think out loud without feeling crazy ^_^

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Damn! I started this post 6 months ago and still i feel my motivation is "stuck in the ditch" any ideas?
I guess I continually wait for some magic turning point but that never seems to happen.... obviosly that is not the way to go about it. Any ideas on getting ones butt in gear?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
do one thing each day. start a new project, finish an old one, take a trip somewhere new... just force yourself to do a new thing each day, you will feel more accomplished and thus more motivated.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
Moonlightshadow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Try and find someone to look up to, when i started Taekwondo, it was really hard and i had to drag myself out to do it but when I watch a Bruce Lee film i think that I really want to have the sense of accomplishment that Bruce must have had before his untimely death from having done what he had, now after having forced myself to go, I have passed 2 exams and got 2 belts better, giving me a fantastic feeling, so now it is nearly impossible to stop me going...

"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing i was good at but atleast i fought for what I beleaved in... Grey Fox"
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I R ME, for me to be motivated about something I really have to want that thing or really want to do it. I also let my kids, grandkids and animals keep me motivated. Like right now I have this horse that is about the most beautiful animal I have ever seen, keep him in shows to win points knowing that in the end it will bring in money is what keeps me motivated to get up at 4 a.m. and keeps me going. Find something that you want or that you like and that may help.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The first step to growth is acceptance. Rather than feeling guilty and regretting your lack of motivation, accept it as part of who you and part of what you need to learn. As long as it is a fight against something you want to change, the challenge will remain. Only when we accept our challenges as part of ourselves, part of being human, will we be able to move beyond them. Also we can adjust our thinking to think in terms of what it is we want to create. Courage, determination, purpose. The more your awareness shifts to include concepts like those, alternative concepts, the more tangible that will become and eventually it will be the reality.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 38yrs • M •
Ghostoftomjoad is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
a problem i see is people trying to lead selfless lives, but like most psychologists or philosophers claim is that this cant be done because at our core is self preservation, wenever we do something nice for someone else its because we like the way it makes us look, so wen you try to be selfless your completely stationary because everything you do is self orientated. You end not doing anything for anyone else or yourself because everything seems so superficial, its all more proof that everything moves in one big fat circle imo. this is my motivation problem

"human soup"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tsp gatmog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
listen to some happy or flamboyant music. preferably Zwan or Coheed and Cambria. for Coheed, ignore the lyrics, just let your ears be comforted by their radio-friendly beats.

Motivation
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy