The clowns paint their faces - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

was GOD bored?

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
be30mple is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
was GOD bored?
this is sooooo hard for me to answer this...
I more like religious people to answer this question....
why god created this world?...was he bored?...
GOD were before this world...what was he doing?..does time have any meaning for GOD?....where is the end ?....we will live in heaven or hell for ever?...i can't undrestand...where did god come from?...
there are lot's of questions about GOD FOR ME....
any 1 can help?!!!

37yrs • M •
be30mple is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
come on guys....
it's not only for religious people...
give me your opinions....what do you think(if u belive in GOD (I mean christian or muslim GOD for example)..and if u believe in any othere GOD can you answer these question about ur GOD plzz!)
i know it's hard...but u jus give ur opinion...
like to hear that...

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
On the first day man created the gods for he felt alone and cold in a world he could not understand. There were no answers for him when he threw his hands up to the sky and asked why? Primal man created the gods as they stared into the fire in the long dark nights- they were not bored but scared- scared of not dying but of the nonexsistence which it implied stories were needed sooth the worries of one and all.

OK but leats pretent for 0.17 seconds that I beleived in god was he bored? No from what I gather from Christian mythology is that the Lord is not as benevalent as you would like to beleive he probly needed the world as a vehicle to support his worshipers- mankind. What is the good of being allmighty if there is no one to show off too? It is no fun att all.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You ask a lot of questions that nobody can really answer. Some of us might have some ideas, but, most likely, we all ask the same questions.

I believe that God has always been. This to us is incomprehensible as we live in time while God is the creator of it.

God is the creator - that is why God has created all of this, that is why God is called the creator. All that God created came from God and will return to God. Why - Why not! is my only answer.

I believe that God is duplicating itself like cells or crystals, as all of nature does. There is however no written reference to that. This is a heretical teaching by most thinking, but that's me. A hundred years ago I'd be in prison for this thinking.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
I R ..- he probly needed the world as a vehicle to support his worshipers- mankind?!!
ok..then u say that GOD needs our worship?..
i think not...he doesn't need anything...(as muslim and christian GOD is)
okcity-yes i have heared that alot..that we live in time and GOD created TIME ..so we can't put a creator in his own creature..but why...I don't undrestand..
and i agree with you somehow...coz when i think about these issues i really feel i'm going to be crazy...
anyway..thx

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, it's a very good question, but a hard one to answer.

First off, God doesn't "need" worship. He's all powerful, what WOULD he need? He created us because he loves us. It's as simple as that. I know it may be hard to understan why he would love something that didn't even exist yet, but that is where our abilities to comprehend the things he does, because we are living in the physical world, break down. He is always is and always will be. It's not a matter of "what" he is, because he "is" everything, he created it, but he is also a part of it.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 64yrs • M •
I read something weird today. A worm that gets into a fish that unteaches them to hide from birds who would seek to capture them so that the bird could easily capture the fish and eat it and the worm could reproduce itself inside the bird. The droppings from the birds would contain the worm larvae that would find its way back to the fish. Amazing. So the worm makes hunting easier for the bird and reproduces itself.

37yrs • M •
underdawg-..reallyyyy thx...
that's exactly my believe ....and when i was reading ur reply I was excited about it..
can you tell me where u r from?..and your religion...!
thx

64yrs • M •
Recently (over a year ago), I joined the Unitarian Church but I'm not real happy with it. They seem to be the church of the Anti religion. They are trying to change this perception, but I doubt they will be very successful. They need to be more friendly with other churches.

I'm an American and I grew up poor. Under a youth work program I worked in a nature center. There I became very close to God. Nature is a reflection of God. If you want to learn about God, learn about nature.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with Underdawg in my religion. It has something to do with what OKcitykid said too.

God created us because he loves us. In a sense, we are his offspring and he wants us to be like him. He has created a world for us to experience because loves us, and through life, somehow, we can become like him.

I think I explained that right

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Recently (over a year ago), I joined the Unitarian Church but I'm not real happy with it.
I don't know if they are unitarian, but I know some bahi's, whom give it good report?
quote:
It's not a matter of "what" he is, because he "is" everything, he created it, but he is also a part of it.

Note that Hebrew (Christian, etc) states that GOD created ( GOD breathed into creation) the world, as such He is part of creation (of the physical) but HE like the Angels (spirits) existed before (separate) from the world.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You asked, and I shall do my best to reply.
God cannot be bored. For He is unto Himself a great entity that needs nothing. He is vast love, whole, and completeness.

God is so vast in His love, in fact, that He created mankind in His image and likeness to share the vast wealth of Love.

He does not need us. He created us, He loves us, He enjoys us, but He will never need a single one of us.
In fact, we are disposable. We are nothing but sinners, who do little more than show hatred, sin, and anger.
Knowing this all beforehand, He still took upon Himself the arrays of these mixed emotions. He still desires us to turn to Him and Love Him as much as He loves us. With the best of our abilities.

Our egos tell us we are IMPORTANT to Him.
OR demand that we should be, as a small child feels the world should revolve around themselves.
In the end we shall be humbled when we are faced before the Almighty. But for those who stood close to His truth as best as we could shall be in AWE for all Eternity. The love He is shall be shared, and He shall find great enjoyment in His creations.

Argument is mute point regarding our importance.
Just be glad, since we now exist, that He has the love, patience, and boundless forgiveness to still want us in His presense.

He is going to exist, as He has always has and will always with or withOUT a single one of us. Be humbled, be Glad and be thankful. Or risk eternity.
He asked very little of us in return for all He made for man.
http://loveandwar.proboards23.com/index.cgi

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You know what?
Rock on, that was beautiful.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thank you, Elemental, and Peace!

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
was GOD bored?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy