Music is the key to all emotions. For example: a sad song automatically makes you sad. If you seek happiness, play a song you enjoy most. - last_song
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is nothing something? - Page 4

User Thread
 73yrs • M •
brianmcd09 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
When we can think and say the word "nothing" that in its self must mean its something other wise we would not be able,to say, think or visualise it.Because we can, it must be something.Plato said everything has an opposite; up-down.left-right,hot-cold,black-white,begining-end ect..The opposite of mothing as we all know is everything.Which brings me tpo professor Stephen Hawkins quest to find the" theory of everything".I fear if he succeedes he will in fact just be finding a theory of NOTHING.

34yrs • M •
mysteryclown is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
nothing is something or else it wont have a name and wont have its existence acknowledged. But if nothing exists in the world, something and everything would not exist..... Therefore, nothing can affect something so it is something.

"Death is funny...."
 31yrs • M •
shadowed420 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
heres my 2 cents we have 4 PAGES of nothing so i see it as something

32yrs • M •
anatayGrande is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
if we know that nothingness/void exists, then it is something...
the only true nothing/nothingness are the things that we don't know exist... for if we know that something exists then it becomes something even if it is nothing....

"boredom is worse than death"
 42yrs • M •
infinitus is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Okay, this is even harder for me to wrap my head around:

If nothing is a void we can call existant and something is matter we can call existant. Whatever is at the root of it, the thing that doesn't exist... Is that something or nothing or both or what?

lol

37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we are monkeys and we only think things we hold exist like bananas and cars energy exists...information exists viruses are considered living organisms even though they are basically just information that reproduces....

However you can't ever have nothing because there wouldn't ever possibly be a frame of reference for nothing if there wasn't something. Do voids exist? Or are you just speaking about like vacuum in space? That's different than a void isn't it? I'm not sure if a "nothing" void can exist considering even vacuums exist like in space but they are still part of the fabric of reality and not voids. Our universe seems to be self contained and has it's own set of rules it's best not to consider things 100% outside of our grasp of comprehending but it should also always be encouraged to try and conceive of such things. There are a million crazy things to think of if you really analize reality.

The craziest trip you can have is real life(speaking on the topic of drugs>

"334jui8"
Is nothing something? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy