The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Impossible?

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
NevaEndinThinkr is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Impossible?
Alot of inventors and people always bring up this question.

when we humans come cross something so far fetch we usually say well thats impossible. i believe that nothing is impossible it just hasnt happen yet or hasnt been done yet.

look at it this way lets say u created a time machine and went back to the days of cavemen and lets just say they fully understand your language hehe so you walk up to one of these cavemen and told him a story about a device you cud sell him which will allow him to see a cavewomen on a beach on the next side of the world jus like she was right in front of him and you would tell him that it will be all in a box about the size of the rock he is sitting on(a small rock lol) what would think he will do or say. he probaly will just kill you right then or run away or tell u this "sorry mister thats impossible" but now we know that isnt true today the idea that is almost frightening to this cavemen is in nearly every semi succesful household on this earth and has become to some the most addictive thing known to man lol.

anyway thats my opinion on impossibility.

Dwight E. Fox
Bahamas

"Nothing\\\'s Impossible, It Just Hasn\\\'t Been Done Yet"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that rschulz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...what about the impossibility of jumping off the Earth into space with the only force acting against gravity being my legs?

"Morals here. Get your morals. Only cost...your freedom."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that rschulz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good point Decius, it was Schopenhauer who said, "we are something stupid, and @ best something that cancels itself out."

This will tie into the my explaination about good v. evil in another thread...

"Morals here. Get your morals. Only cost...your freedom."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It seems now more than ever inventions are implemented quickly or at least there upgrades are. They also shape our exsistence as well to a degree. The celular telephone computers and the internet have really shaken things up a whole lot. technological advances move quickly proliferating our society with change. It seems that however remains constant - change.

It is impossible to see what is down the road- there is some excitment and anticipation of new developments but at the same time there is always the fear that new technologies may force us to change in ways we do not wish to.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We'll be able to do anything so long as its either :
- practical and not absurdly expensive
- its so neat we just have to do it (think space race)

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
Impossible?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy