Do what makes you happy. For those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Meaning of life in DNA?

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
zackky is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Meaning of life in DNA?
I was wondering if anyone else thinks that this could be true...

If the meaning to life is in our DNA, where we came from and how it all started then this (might) be true: if DNA is (just) a code then the code had to be similar, not as complex,
or simple in the begining. The Code in DNA in both male and female are
different and as reproduction occurs the new DNA created becomes completely different, but similar in the way that parts of the old codes are inbeded into the new one. So if life started out with two Humans (Adam&Eve), as generation to generation went on, the code has become increasingly different as well as complex. As this Long Period of "time" occurs you begin to see, or spot out patterns as the DNA code progersses, then you can determine what part of the code is related to what part of the body.
which we are able to do now. isn't that basically like a "computer"? now not to sound like the matrix but isn't it possible we created ourselves but we dont remember? now were getting close to doing it again and after we do it, life will start all over again.

"Believe NOTHING unless it agrees with your own beliefs and common sense"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm i don't think so
we're definetly understanding the DNA codes more and more with every day but how would figuring out parts of the body help us save ourselves ? we couldn't grow a body part without growing a whole person .....

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know much about DNA, and have never had any dealing or concerns with it until recently. I am glad however, for the fact that children can be matched with their biological parent if the other isn't present. DNA most recently proved that myself and husband have the greatest pleasure on earth of having a Grandson. Whom is just a blessing and joy to watch grow up.

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That is an interesting hypothosis- DNA holds so many mysteries as of yet. Could we have engieneered ourselves- It sounds like a weird Scifi flick like the whole world is a trail run - and we are all clones of a sort. Cloning and DNA alteration I am sure will be big issues for many years to come and there ramafications for humanity are unforseable at this time.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DNA has few mysteries right now.
DNA is just a language which tells a cell how to make a kind of protein. There's very little mysticism left in it IMO.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
now thats thinking outside the box zackky

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting reading. Does the 'Theory of Evolution' included the idea of how species evolving from it's parents DNA, can take on different characteristics?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
New characteristics can appear in several ways :
- an existing gene is modified changing the protein made.
- a gene is 'doubled' allowing for 2 different genes to exist
- the combination of genes of the parents is such that it makes a new characteristics (Some antillas chickens can be black/blue but only if they have genes from a grey chicken and a spotted black chicken).

Darwin's theory didn't explain specifically how it happens, its only fairly recently that we understand how the process happens.

37yrs • M •
500 posts baby!

57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DNA is helpless without RNA.

However, we cannot be clones, and have family trees.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 37yrs • M •
True true... but RNA is boring

58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DNA is a very interesting thing and I think that a lot of people need to realize who can get it and how. I recently had an experience where a child of mine had DNA testing and it basically was forged as the person wanting the testing done did not like the results so she bribed someone to change it. We are still fighting it and it looks like we will win on this one.

By the way I am new to this so forgive me if I make small mistakes, just heard from a friend that it was a grerat place to chat.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 41yrs • M •
binaryfairy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
RNA is somewhat better than dna for one reason, genetic evolution takes place quicker in RNA sometimes unstable creating mutant strains.... queue the x-men.
Question: if you injected a human with 'adjusted' RNA would that force them to evolve
I volunteer to try it.
If we did create ourselves those memories would be resident in DNA but how to get to them

"Search for truth and find Madness"
 37yrs • M •
If you injected RNA you wouldn't force anyone to evolve.
You would temporarily force the body to produce protein based on that RNA.
If you inject DNA in a cell, that cell will for its lifetime produce that same protein (if the cell replicates the body may continue to produce that protein till the end).

58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So since I am new at all this DNA and RNA stuff, what is the difference between the two. From what I have read they both are protien based and such so.....? Help me out. Thanks

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
Meaning of life in DNA?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy