If you love your boy friend, let him go. If he doesn't come back...he's with me. - <anonymous>
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Black Holes

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
TwistedLago is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Black Holes
We've all come to recognize black holes in space as just that...black voids. But if someone were to actually see one, what would they see?
A black hole allows no light to escape, so you can't really see it per say. It's an absense of existence...anti-matter.
I think that any light seen would seem to stretch into a bend in space. It would probably look like shattered glass, distorted. But it makes you wonder...what would our eyes see? How do you describe seeing absolutely nothing? Can our eyes even see nothing?

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
does nothing have a color ?

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know let me grab my crayon box with 200 colors in it.

I think it is just like the night sky. I mean if you look at a dark spot in the night sky, you might think that there is nothing there, but really there are billions and billions of astrological objects out there and it is just that since light might not be able to travle that far or something is blocking the light we don't see anything.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dugbug's right. We see absence of matter all the time, the night sky.
If a black whole does look fancy, it might be because matter around it is rotating so fast that the matter rubs against other rotating matter enough for heat and light to appear. Then you'd have a fancy little disk (or ball?) of light around the hole.
If there isn't any matter around, the hole is going to be black.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Allright folks are you ready for the low down on Black holes- because I am going to lay it down for you. This is a whacked out crazy theory of mine concerning the formation of black holes and the seeming absence of alien races in our galaxy. My thought was that intelligent races would follow a relitivly common path of discoveries and developments of technologies. sooner or later atomic power would be harnessed and then more powerfull sources of energy would eventually be sought. eventually every race would try something radicle like spliting protons or develping antimatter or something incomprehendable at this time. The result would be beyond catastrophic imagine an artificially created disaster that would compress an entire solar system into a single point in an instant- a black hole is born by artificial means inteligent life is doomed by its own strides for advancement. Perhaps our dreams of faster than light travel or energy miracles will be our folly. A second part of the thought was what if some alien race tried to warn us or stop us from such tragedy- That would make a good episode of Star Trek.

Another thought independent of this one was what if overtime the unverse became overrun with black holes which subsequently joined to form a singularity which would then be the bassis of the next big bang.....

"Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash."
--Jerry Seinfeld

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Arent black holes spheres?

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 37yrs • M •
Yes, the event horizon (point of no return) forms a sphere around the center of the hole.
So you'd see a big black ball (no different from the black space around it). Oh, and the light around the hole would be bent so if there was a star near the hole then it would be all deformed.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe space is empty and thats why it is called space

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that rschulz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sufficiently answered, "Dumb" teen...

"Morals here. Get your morals. Only cost...your freedom."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm, Stephan hawking said about black holes that if a person goes near one, past the event horizons, time would end(or stop) for him,. The black holes would suck up the radio signals that go from the astronots clock to a monitring teams clock on earth, so if the the time is 5 59, at earth it would then become 6 00, but it would take an infinite amount of time for them to get the astonots time,it would remain on 5 59, because the radio signals woul've gone inside the black hole. But hasn't stephan hawking been mistaken here? I mean, time itself wouldn't stop for the astronaut, only a way of measurement. If the clock stops so what. Clock are not time, they are just meant for our conveniounse.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
I think Hawking means that you will basically freeze and come to a standstill along with your watch.
But besides that you'd be dead anyway.

35yrs • M •
No, he does not mean that.Sorry, I was a bit mistaken, he meant that time for different people would be different. Back on earth it would seem that for the astronaut time would freeze, while for the astronaught it would be normal.
But again, time itself wouldn't be different, only it's perception.

Anyway, it is believed that black holes resemble the Beggining of time(though it would be the end of time for anyone inside).There is supposed to be a singularity inside where all predictibility brakes down. However, you could get past the singularity and go through a 'worm hole', but a slight change would cause a difference, so it would always lie in the future.
However, does someone know that how was the idea about these singularities reached?

1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Did anyone see the pictures that were recently taken of the star being sucked into a black hole.
The star was all elongated, and pieces of it were being sucked into the black hole in a spiral formation, like it was going down a drain. The hole itself looked just like a black hole .
The coolest part was that they figured it happened about 700 million years ago...and the light is just reaching us now.

whoa!

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whoa, what happened to the stars energy, i couldnt have dissapeared =O

Btw, did you guys know some stars can ressurect?

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 35yrs • M •
How?

I think the energy also would have gone into the black hole, or else it is just floating around

Black Holes
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy