Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

De ja vu - my theory

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
Hellola is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
De ja vu - my theory
If you can see yourself luanching into space by rotating the earth fast enough (which i think scientists have proven) then you can "time travel" through speed. Your thoughts are not limited in speed (as far as i know) and can therefore travel through time. This is how i believe De ja vu operates, your thoughts can travel to the future and you can see what happens. The reason that you only have de ja vu sometimes would be that you do not often enter the state of mind to be receptive to these subtle thoughts. Sometimes i will catch myself daydreaming and then realise that ive had a thought about the future and then i see it come true or avoid it. I believe that this is how real phsycics function, they have managed to become receptive to other peoples thoughts and can thus predict the future!

"Something done without love is something half done."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but deja vus aren't really thoughts .... they're mostly images ..... i dunno about you but that's how it works for me

so.... how would i get the images from the future ?
i think it's simply our brain not functioning right ......

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whe n Deja Vu hits me it is image based i seem to remember seeing the same thing or it it is a short series of events and then at least breifly I left dumbfounded- I am in disbeleif and I rack my brain trying to figure out whgoes on and specificly thinking about memories that might be confused. But I think that is all it is- memory confusion. Somehow memories are perhaps 'misfilled' in the brain or other monicers are activated perhaps out of place- Admitedly though the feelings are profound and difficult to shrug off easily.

As far as time travel goes I don't think that is a factor, I beleive time is a one way street. I think scientists just go around trying to prove things that were previously proven impossible just to aggrivate people or to ensure they will have a job so they can later disprove something else.... When they do spin the earth that fast I do hope I can go back in time to tell them it was a really bad idea....

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 32yrs • F •
Ani-Chan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would have to say, yes, it is like traveling in space. You going through time, before you even know when it is.

When I have them, I just see the happening like a month or 2 ahead. But when they happen, I say out loud, "Woah... Daje vu." And people around me(usually my friends), are like, "What did you say? Deja vu?" And they ask me what it is. They should know by now.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my beliefes, as I have stated before, but I cant find the thread -_-.......de ja vu stems from past life experiences. But thats just me

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In another post I mentioned the theory of eternal recurrence which was a popular idea around the turn of the century and promoted by a russian mystic and mathematician named Peter Demianovitch Ouspensky. He asserted that the ordinary concept of reincarnation, rebirth in a different body after death, was a simplified version of eternal recurrence. Ordinary conceptions about time as a linear progression (as if moving on a line from past, present to future) was the only way people could view time. Eternal recurrence, on the other hand. asserts that all things in time repeat themselves over and over again, eternally. The idea here is that when we die we will be reborn as who we are in the same year, day and minute and in the same place and in the same body, in the same house, in the same family and live our lives all over again in almost exactly the same way (unless we think a certain way and do certain things to make things different). And this is why we experience deja vu, because we are repeating everything we have done in places we have been before an eternity of times. Interesting idea, I think.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For me, I think that deja vu is kind of like a dream. You dreams consists of past experiences that sometimes you wouldn't remember when your awake, and all these random images and feelings is projected in your dreams. So in deja vu, say for example you pass by a house you've never seen before, and it feels as if you've been there or walked by before. I think it's because in your past experience, you've seen a house with that setting, like when your in a car and you look at random houses as you pass by, but you don't really think about it at the time, and passing by something familiar triggered that feeling of deja vu. Thats what I think, but the feeling still facinates me.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wizardlogic you're intellgent......I see it like that too...but I don't think about it too much......I've had memories of war like real ancient war....and I used to get dejavu like on the regular....now I don't even dream.....I don't even remember falling into a sleep state half of the time.....now I just sleep.. and it's beautiful...

"Being is not knowing!"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
unlike I R ME my dejavu is that i dream somthing and then it happens but i do not know when it is going to happen... i do not know y... so that is y i believe that things are supposed to happen and that we all have a destiny

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think destiny is a joke. Fate is a joke. Somethings, DO happen for a reason, but I don't think that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Stuff happens because of the decisions people make (obviously), good or bad. What influenced them to make the decision they did, who knows. But I don't believe in fate, or destiny. I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my own life.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have de ja vu frequently. My de ja vu comes through my dreams. A lot of the time I will dream something and it will happen approximately 2-3 weeks later. The only way I can explain this phenomenon would be by relating to that feeling of forgetting something but it's on the 'tip of your tongue.' Then sometime later that idea just pops in to your head. I believe de ja vu is the same. I have been thinking and contemplating this for a while and have devised many other theories but can fully explain them with out further reoccurrences of de ja vu

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
De ja vu - my theory
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy