They say that these are not the best of times but they're the only times I've ever known - countalucard
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Wearing your seatbelt - Page 2

User Thread
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yep thats one of the rules Down Under, does it apply in Canada?

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pubestic Zest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tend to be a little anal about wearing seatbelts. I ALWAYS wear one when driving, amlost always when I'm a passanger (except when hanging onto the outside of a speeding Jeep) and sometimes I go as far as threatening to pull over if a passanger of mine refuses to put one on.

I do not think of myself as overly compulsive about seatbelts, I simply choose to use a readily available and proven method of safety in case I find myself strangely attracted to a tree.

Even though I do not agree with the fact that some people do not wear seatbelts because they find them uncomfortable, I do understand why they choose not to. It's the lazy people that piss me off.

Then again, maybe its better that they aren't wearing one when they crash...

"Life is a dress rehersal for a play that will never go on..."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Where I live it the law that you must wear one at all times in a car passenger or reversing out etc. Some complain that they are at risk of being trapped in burning wreak or that they can cause other injuries as well- A met this dude who was in a horrific car accident and had some severe internal injuries from the seatbelt but his assumtion was that he would have had no chance otherwise. Also I much prefer it if my passengers are belted in- as there flying corspes can pose a hazzard when in an accident.

The law is provincially based (like an Aussie Territory) so in Alberta it is a law other provinces I am not sure but I wear it anyway so it don't matter.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • F •
its just second nature I just strap it on as soon as I hop into the car.

43yrs • F •
Hey Pubestic Zest, what is that pic of on your logo?

43yrs • M •
It's a picture of 2 elder Iraqi women holding dismantled AK74's (they look like pistols in the picture). I can't remember where I got the picture, but it appealed to me at the time. It has a bit of "Pulp Fiction" with a dash of humor to it.

I have an active interest in collecting unique and beguiling images. One of my faves is a photograph taken of a charging bull less than a second before it ran over the photographer. As I do not find pleasure in the fact that he was probably severly hurt, it did come out to be a magnificent image.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sounds like an intersting collection Pubestic, Any chance of you sharing more of these with us? I used to collect images as well I still have a couple of scrap books kicking around here or there ....

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • M •
Sure thing...

I'm gonna post a few on http://pubestic.cezary.com and add more as I pick them out from my collection. Fasten your seatbelts !! (teehee)

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why the hell did that guy eject????

He was fine!

43yrs • M •
As much as it looks like he made it...

Article 1
Article 2

...and do take a look at the videos I have posted documenting the crash...

btw, you will notice that he was wearing his seatbelt.

45yrs • M •
Collective_Sole is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Where are the videos? I can't see them there yet.

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

49yrs • M •
tivoliboy74 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i must admit i do wear a seat belt when i am told too. but i do find wearing one restricting. but i am the same with clothes i only tend to wear one layer.

"i love sexy chicks"
 43yrs • F •
Great pics, love them. Im also into pretty kooky photography, I just love unique, strange things

38yrs • M •
Deo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I've made seat belt wearing a habit. Why? Except for the whole "life and death" thing, it's actually a law down here in Georgia, in a very nifty catch phrase.....Click It, or Ticket. So, yeah, i don't have much of a choice in the matter. But hey, i find myself illergic to being launched through a car window, seatbelts aren't THAT bad.

"Fate is something people resign themselves to. I pave my own way."
Wearing your seatbelt - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy