Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Short Men - Page 4

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
deagle is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
HI, I'm new to this forum and I would just like to give my support to the short guys out there! I myself stand at 5"5 1/2 or 166cm. (I use to round up to 5"6, but I soon realized that I was just in denial of my short stature, and now Im proud to say I'm a short man!

I too, experience short jokes, or put downs on a regular basis. What I do, is just ignore them, but if they continue to challenge me, I usually come back with my own insults. haha... usually my insults get quite a laugh out of everyone haha... the taller guys usually stop flat in there tracks once they get insulted with something they are insecure about.

one more thing, for casablanca, hey dude.. dont feel so down. not all girls are after height. yes i know the majority of chicks out there prefer the taller guys, but plenty of girls out there would also prefer that sweet, caring, smart, successful, handsome man! And let me tell you, being short doesnt necessarily mean you lack the good looks!!!

My GF right now stands 5"7-8, shes fit, nice curves, and use to model for loreal hair products. She stands a good 1.5 - 2 inchs over me, and I love it! Makes me feel like a rock star & a model. I must admit she is the most gorgeous girl I have ever dated.

Casablanca... dont believe the hype.. in other words, dont believe stereotypes! For one... not all woman ONLY go for tall guys....

and if you want, i suggest targeting the asian woman.. they are shorter by nature and love caucasian men!

I myself am a short asian man, but relatively average for my nationality. Another stereotype i would love to squash right here is another organ of the asian male. I dont know about the rest of them out there... but 6.5inch/5.25girth.. dont seem bad to me!! hehe.. I bet theres some 6 foot dudes that drool when they hear those stats..

Lets give 1pt for the short guys! I got ur backs!

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not short, I am the perfect height for me, thank you

But genreally speaking, humans have always associated height with power. Ever notice the Pope's hat??

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 45yrs • M •
Replica is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hitler was 5'8" or 5'9". Napoleon Bonaparte was 5'6.5". He was incorrectly thought* to be 5'2" because of the differences in British and French measurements at the time. The average French man at the time of Napoleon was 5'6" tall. If the male average is about 5'9.5" today, it's not unreasonable to think Hitler was also average height for his time.

I am 5'4" and those 5 inches don't matter to me. Certainly I don't brag about cars or drive a truck... in fact I have no interest in vehicles at all!

It does, however, to society. It's a shame, but that's the way it is. I had issues growing up, I feel terrible for them; not sure whether it was just related to my height, or had anything to do with my height whatsoever? There were certainly other factors that cannot be traced back to my height. But I do feel like an equal, and society doesn't and I think that's where the perceived compensation comes from. But don't think because someones short they're going to be a Napoleon or a Hitler. What about all the other people that were below average height who have contributed in positive ways such as Ludwig van Beethoven, Igor Stravinsky or Charlie Chaplin (all who were around 5'4" ).

*The British, as I understood it, sort to capitalize on the differences in measurements with the intention of making fun of Napoleon but the implication of making fun of short people.

[  Edited by Replica at   ]
 39yrs • F •
salwa is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
the thing is, guys however ugly, or short, fat or has acne all over their body, they always get girls. or they will have A girl.

But for girls, if we aint goodlooking or acceptable by standards, we dont get any at all.

I see more of ugly men with pretty girls and not ugly females
with good looking men (or no men at all)

most girls dont go for looks.we go for sweet talk-and it seems lot of men have it.

we'r not bout physical, men are.

45yrs • M •
Replica is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Women repeatedly emphasize height as a requirement. Women will even sometimes say looks and weight don't matter, but must be tall! I've read 2/3rd women who described themselves as overweight say the man must be tall. And I've seen tall men who say women must be short (a lot less frequent).

What I look for are a woman of any height, and my health range or up (must be vegetarian, and don't believe the myth that vegetarians are all thin... I'm not fat, but I'm slightly overweight). I've seen astonishingly beautiful larger women. Just like short men, if they care about their looks and do what they can then they can overcome most prejudices in dating.

What it comes down to is men of the same level of health ought to consider someone with the same condition. I'm not talking about settling down, but I think closing the doors on those people and even making fun of them (as a lot of women do short men) is discriminatory. Similiarly, women should consider men of the same height... which often they don't. (Or am I looking at this wrong? Average height women for average height men? I read somewhere that the larger height for men was due to the fact that taller men are more sought after? I don't understand it anyway, I don't think there's anything intrinsic that makes women less appealing when they fall within standard height variations.)

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ultima is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im 5'7 and u know what i like my height... cuz im stuck that way, but being short has its advantages. besides making u cuter in a sense... (q: have u ever found a tall guy cute?) cute ppl r generally short. Be happy with what u got, and make the best of it, thats what i always say. Just look straight ahead and move forward, dont dwell on what u cant change. oh yea.. the best thing about being a short male, as a short male u can tone up quicker than a tall male for the attachments are closer together. Personally i find that i tone up quite quickly with comparison to someone with a taller stature. Love urself, cuz thats the first step to loving others.

"take chances, make mistakes, and get messy"
 38yrs • M •
lunatik is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i'm 5'5, it doesn't affect my dating life much, in fact i don't feel attracted to women who are WAY taller than myself, i don't mind 3 inches difference but that's it, only issue problem i get is from taller men, maybe it's just me, but i've had men who were 6' picking on me to impress girls and such

"munkies rule!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ultima is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i like to laugh at the really tall men too, especially the ones who hit their heads entering low ceiling buildings... ahh what fun.

"take chances, make mistakes, and get messy"
 40yrs • M •
Anadea is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Simply put, power is all that matters.

"Conan, what is most important in life? \"To crush your enemies to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women.\" That is good"
 45yrs • M •
I done some research online of death row inmates in Florida and found that the rate, in respect to the proportion of the population that short men are represented, decreases the shorter they get. From the first 118 heights, I found by the time height gets down to 5'5" inches tall (4 inches below average) they are 11.8 times less represented than they would be in general society. An inch taller and it's 9 times less.

On the other end of the scale, I found that at 6'3" people are represented by 1.9 times the rate that they would be in society. At 6'2", it is 1.7 times the rate. Unless the source of my information about the distribution of heights in society is wrong, then I'd say it's the taller people who have the problem. Taller people are as much as 20 times more likely to be on death row for murder from my research. But admittably 118 isn't a good pool and I'd settle for neutrality. However, to stereotype short people as wanting `power' is wrong. The majority of the corporate executives are around 6'3" or above. A short person cannot fight for their fair place in the eyes of a taller person...

47yrs • M •
DavidHill is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am tall, and have little power. And a short girlfriend. Guess I'm a type

"All I know is you"
 31yrs • M •
it3000 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Being a short male in society gives an almost sure rejection to any woman that is taller. I would give it about a 90% rejection chance. Having to live with such ridiculue causes one to believe that there is something wrong with themself. The napolean complex would be the created by the prejudice that short males recieve on a daily basis. As I am a short male I realize that I am short and have more given up on attempting to better myself in knowing that in the end being short is going to be the reason for my failure in gaining a relationship. What I have decided is that any woman that is so shallow to only see height (which is moreso a western modernized discrimination) is not worth any effort, this includes shorter woman than myself that believe I am too short. Anyone that is complaining about a napolean complex in men should seriously shut the fuck up. All it does is make myself and other short men more self conscious. it is more then likely that we know that we are fucking short so there is no need to point it out and be a dick about it.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Height does not matter; you are what you make of your self. If you allow your height to control your life, it will.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 32yrs • M •
Schicksal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It's called Napoleon complex:

In the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, Napoleon complex (or Napoleon syndrome) is a colloquial term used to describe a type of inferiority complex suffered by people who are short. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives.

Alfred Adler pioneered the psychological work on inferiority complexes, and used Napoléon Bonaparte as an example of someone who he thought was driven to extremes by a psychological need to compensate for what he saw as a handicap: his small stature (though in actuality, Napoleon's particular shortness is a myth; he was in fact slightly over 168 cm, or 5 ft 6 in, and of average height in his day). Typically people with this complex will compensate in many ways, reaching beyond their personal performance. A person with a Napoleon Complex may set pictures in their home to lower levels and make other such accommodations which will enable them to feel taller in their surroundings.

Compensatory behavior exhibited by those with a Napoleon complex may also include being overly aggressive or argumentative and a need to over-achieve, which all serve to give the person a sense of greater self worth.

An example of somebody with the Napoleon Complex is the character Curley in John Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men". Curley finds the need to prove himself by fighting larger men, such as Lenny.

"\"I am a sick man. ... I am an angry man. I am an unattractive man. I think there is something wrong with my liver.\" -Fyodor Dostoyevsky-"
Short Men - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy