Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What's Wrong With Islams Leaders? - Page 4

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Once there was a thing called a Bar Association. To be a lawyer, you had to belong to it. There was a strict code of ethics, if you didn't abide by this code, you would be unbarred and could not be a lawyer. You didn't see frivolous law suites, of ambulance chasers, and you're right, the ads that encourage you to sue your doctor, if you get into an accident, you don't have to pay those debts back. I don't know what happened to that bar association.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
A Muslim girl stands on the top of the stairs at the main entrance of the Madrid's largest mosque outside of Madrid, Spain, Sunday, March 14, 2004. The Spanish police on Saturday arrested three Moroccans and two Indians in connection with the bombings of four commuter trains. In the poster reads 'No to the terrorism, us solidarity, condolences with the victims'

This is encouraging.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
A Muslim girl stands on the top of the stairs at the main entrance of the Madrid's largest mosque outside of Madrid, Spain, Sunday, March 14, 2004

Were did this quote come from? I ask because I question the intent of the statements that followed?
As I heard there was those who felt these acts were more probable actions of their own extremist groub, seeking to misdirect authorities? As the common factor has been the death of those who plant the bombs in muslim terrorist?
the next part, us solidarity, whom is speaking here?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
Yahoo News. There was no article, just the picture with that as the explination. The way I interpreted this was that Muslims in Spain were condemning this act and expressing their condolences with the victims. I will admit - it is a confusing quote with no explination?

64yrs • M •
quote:
FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) - At weekly prayers on Friday, a cleric condemned the mutilation of four slain American contractors in this conservative city, but did not criticize the killings.

http://www.iraq.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=articl
e&sid=2689

These slain American's were there to help the Iraqis. My conclusion is that it does not matter what Christianity was, or the Jewish religion was, it is not now. The Islam religion is a religion of violence. Islam is a shame of the Arab world.

Islam means to follow Alla, and they who call themselves this DO NOT.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"These slain American's were there to help the Iraqis."
Not in (some of) there eyes. Some believe the Americans are here to spread vice, gluttony and setup a puppet regime (as often happens). If you believe that, killing Americans is simply war. Mutilating them is a pointless exercise to annoy the Americans.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
Well, Ya - they're dead already, mutilation is pointless.

The church should condemn murder, if not, then the church supports murder.

Religion is either the reflection of society, or society is the reflection of it, depending on how strong the religion is.

The Islamic clerics could stop this violence and make room for a civilized dialogue, but they have chosen violence.

72yrs • M •
And Christians should condemn all the murderous actions, we have done and continue to do!
For these are not the Christian Way, to allow those actions to continue without speaking aginst them only tends to justify disbelieve in Christ?
The Founding Fathers which wrote the Constitution & Declaration of Independence were wealthy, educated class of merchants, land holders, etc., in a real sense they wrote it for themselves ( those like themselves).
Jesus lived his life among the poor, for their sake did He teach them, not His own.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
I suspect you are referring to what has happened in Iraq.

We are there to "liberate" the Iraqis - and we just killed 600 of them. I am ashamed to say that I am having difficulty convincing others that this is wrong.

Violence is wrong. A man who lives by the sword will die by the sword. Violence only accomplishes violence.

Anyways - I found a nice place: http://www.iraq.net/

Iraqis do read and post here and there are links to Iraqi blogs.

But I still must differ. Christians are not at war. Christians have not declared war in the name of Christ. If they did, the church could condemn this and make it stop. Islam has declared war in the name of Alah. To make it stop, Islamic religious leaders need to condemn it.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" If they did, the church could condemn this and make it stop. "
Well think the pope did condemn the Iraq war to an extent.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
The pope did. But we don't follow religion like they do.

But - I did read some good news.

quote:
Seventeen towns have voted, and in almost every case secular independents and representatives of non-religious parties did better than the Islamists.

http://www.iraq.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=articl
e&sid=2875

72yrs • M •
quote:
But I still must differ. Christians are not at war. Christians have not declared war in the name of Christ. If they did, the church could condemn this and make it stop. Islam has declared war in the name of Alah. To make it stop, Islamic religious leaders need to condemn it.

Not to harp but . . .
quote:
In Shatra, a town of 250,000, the Communist party won four seats and independents seven.
"It was not a surprise," said Jalil Abed Jafar, a doctor, in the Communist party's upstairs offices along the waterfront.

64yrs • M •
I did read that part about communism

I

72yrs • M •
Well I am not making any value judgements either way. I mean Christ didn't preach capitalism did He (Jesus)?

If I am in business and I force my competition out of business, not only would I be denying Christ by not helping another in need but Iwould be actively acting against His teachings.
If I take away a man's livelyhood, do I not prey upon others?
It is not within Christ's ethic code to do these things.
Many say that these things are Christian. They give lip service to Christ when in truth they worship wealth (mammon)?
-------------------------------------------------
Every treaty between Native Americans and Euor-Americans was broken by the Euro-Americans to force the people from the lands to obtain riches.
-------------------------------------------
The US waged the cold war using statements of USSR's leader as propaganda. Was the cold war about religion or capitlaism? After all, America has it's non-believers and we don't war agsinst them?
The cold war has its casualities, people died because our interventions and it is just as much terrorism . . . they are wars without declarartion of war.
----------------------------------------
American's cry out about injustice of the twin towers yet we took hundreds of thousands of civilians with a single atomic bomb and we did it twice.
So you say 'but that was war, have you not been waging an undeclared war along?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 47yrs • M •
nomaan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi, just found this site by googling ..
anyways, seems interesting .. i read a few posts, and seems like you guys could use some acurate info. i'm muslims, so i can answer a few questions that you might have.

in the start of this thread, you guys were talking about prophets and messiahs.

we think Jesus was a prophet of GOD, not his son. also, he never died on the cross. he was raised up to the heavens and will come again in the future to fight dajal (anti-christ?). Muhammed (pbuh) is the last of the prophets of God. This ended the line of prophets that God sent to human. Jesus, when he returns to earth will be Muslim.
Judaism was a valid religion till christianity. similarly christianity was valid till islam. we consider the follower of the religions (the time when they were valid) to be muslims.

i'll try and be regular on the board so that i can contribute to it.

What's Wrong With Islams Leaders? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy