Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Alternate Universe Theory

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
johnson8558 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
In quantum physics, scientists discuss 'alternate universes', especially when discussing time travel. Later on, scientists say that 'you're able to control everyone else in your dreams, not just yourself.' What if every person had their own alternate universe, where as we subconsciously 'control' everyone else in our life. In this alternate universe, I am the only person that is conscious. I am the only person that thinks; therefore I am 'God'.

Alternate Theory 1: Every person's own mind is their alternate universe; therefore, every person you meet is a link to their own alternate universe.

Example: In my universe, the sky is blue. In my universe, you say that the sky is blue. However, in your universe, the sky is yellow. In your universe, I say the sky is yellow. But, our personalities remain the same in our universes. Therefore, the link between the universes is each person's individual soul. However, the control factor comes into play with the universe adaptations. This theory is just that: a theory. So don't take it seriously, if you even exist.

"It's hard to live, when I don't believe in life"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ooo i love thinking about the alternate universes.... it's so .. hmm unreal, so ununderstandable
i get lost in my own thoughts every time i think about this ?
how does it really work ? i'd really like to know what it feels like to be another person , but unfortunately it's impossible , i'd wanna feel everything someone else feels and find out if there is difference
i'm sure we all don't see things the same way
i'd also wanna know what it feels like to be insane, i wonder how insane people see things and how they think. or someone colorblind ..... or an animal
and i would really wanna understand that alternate universe theory and understand how something can be endless .... a lot of just crazy things out there and our minds are so simple that we can't even picture how big the universe is - everything has to have an end in our understanding .....
oh wow it's kinda hard to be human

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
[  Edited by [MiA] at   ]
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It all sounds like schitzophrenia to me, but you have to ask youself, who's universe is the alternate, the mental patients like in "A beautiful mind", or everyone else.

The problem that theorists run into, is that we have a shared reality, but if you can control everyone in your dreams, and your dreams are similar to what we believe to be an alternate universe, then who's reality do we believe?

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OWCH OWCH OWCH stop it! youre making my head hurt!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 44yrs • M •
LMMFAO!!!

But really, what do you think about that?

Do you think that we are living our own seperate realities in our own alternate times?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe in realities.
I believe I am living my own reality and I have no idea if anyone else this. Strictly speaking anyway, another person's reality cannot affect me, so it might as well not exist.
In practice you obviously can't think this way.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 44yrs • M •
quote:
I don't believe in realities.
I believe I am living my own reality...

So do you believe in your own reality, and no one else's?
Are you then, the only one that has a reality?

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lmao !
so i don't really exist then ?
YAY

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am the centre of the universe, well at least the centre of my universe and that is all that matters when calculating the centre anyway. Each of us sees the world witha single vision, a fixed point from any given time- we cannot step out of that and as far as each individual goes they are the centre of the universe. Scintist agrivate me- you just can't go back in time you just can't so there are these crazy ideas regaurding alternate universes which are whipped up to prop up stupid time travel theories- (well actually they make for fascinating thought but that is all)
So indeed we are all in seperate realities as reality itself is so subjective. By placing more or less emphasis on certain things our individual realitieas are "different" Our beleifs values and circumstances are all different and we all preceive and live differently. We share a common objective world and reside in our own subjective realities.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 44yrs • M •
I disagree, we can look back in time...in fact look up in the sky tonight and you will see hundreds or millions or years ago. There is some corralation to time travel there, I just can't pin-point it.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well,in this regard, you can't 'go back' to the past, you can 'see' it. And everything around us IS a past. Every action you do is a past. My seeing you is a past in two ways. Firstly,whatever action i do, is a memory,and secondly i am seeing you as you were 0.0000001 seconds or something ago. So yes course we can see the past, but the problem lies in seeing the future!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Time is the Fire in Which We Burn"-
Qoute from Star Terek Generations

I would imagine most people think time flows- I feel it simply there it is not an active force but simply an abstract concept

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I don't think that known scientists think about alternate universes in our dreams or something. It is based upon the fact that ever matter has an anti matter, meaning there must be a whole universe exactly like ours, with our doubles, made out of anti-matter(or are WE made out of ant-matter?).
However, I noticed that the biggest flaw with this is that all other matter and anti-matter exist in THIS universe, so doesn't that mean that our doubles must exist in OUR universe?!

I R ME, yes time is an abstract concept.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time isn't really anything, it's just what we as humans use to measure change.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that rschulz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One question you might wonder is (presuming there is a God) why he would create this world rather than an alternative? If he has the power...you would think he could create a world without pain and suffering. So why not create that reality rather than the one in which we exist?

"Morals here. Get your morals. Only cost...your freedom."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy