Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

How do we know?

User Thread
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How do we know?
How do we know anything? For example how do we know our toes are toes, how do we know that computers are computers, or even better how do we know that letters are letters? How do we know what words are? Again, how do we know anything?

""Live life to the fullest!""
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They tell us what they are.

47yrs • F •
Who does and how do they know? It all started some where but how did the one (s) that started it know?

45yrs • M •
They were tolad by someone as well.

And I am not kidding either.

47yrs • F •
Ok I can see where this is gonna go right now.

Let's start way back at the beginning of time. How did they know what things were? Who told them? Keep in mind we have gone all the way back to Adam and Eve.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Instinct...I think that we know just the same as animals know what things that they eat, and what they should not, by instinct. If we didn't have instinct we wouldn't survive, period.

But if we bring God and Adam and Eve into it, then maybe it was at the same time that they realized that they were naked.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 45yrs • M •
The very first people didnt have a name for it , so they are the ones that had to come up with a name for it.

47yrs • F •
I think the instinct one may be it, however...(god the things that go through my mind LMFAO)...how do we know that things that are hot are hot and not cold and visa versa? Same with other things.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pugsl3yB0y is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My name is Aj Pugsley. I am a 16 year old male attending gr.11 at a public high school. My whole life it seems like I've been searching for an answer to an uncomplete question. Recently...today actually, I have finally figure out what it was and is i'm looking for.....What is the meaning, the purpose, the point, the source of life?
I have come to realize that there is no answer. No matter how much thought is given into that question, no matter how much research is done, No matter how much we try, ....we will never solve the question. Life goes on and "is" for absolutley no reason. It never "just" began, and 'will" never end. Kind of like a circle, never starts, never ends. So everything "is" becuase that's how it's supposed to be, without reason, without explanation.It's all "just because".

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 47yrs • F •
Actually on the subject of what is the reason or meaning for life I believe that there is a reason or a purpose. I believe that we are all here to carry out some mission and that we won't die until that mission is carried out. We don't know what the mission is and may never know what it is but there is a reason that we were put on the earth (besides the fact that it is the only planet in our 9 planets that will hold life). I wonder though do we find out what that mission was after we die?

Em

37yrs • M •
OK. I understand your theory. But what about baby's? How could they possibly carry out an unknown mission when they have not the intelligence to understand themselves let alone life? And what about other advanced civilizations in the universe? Would they have a mission for life to?

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 37yrs • M •
Hi Nick

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i lost my post here what i was saying was that a baby can still affect people and that could be their purpose in life. as for knowing what we know. weve learned things and labeled them to our liking over the years, is that so hard to accept? or am i missing something here?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 47yrs • F •
I agree with Wyote on the baby issue. They do bring joy to people. Yeah it hurts and brings sadness when they leave us but maybe they were only to bring the happiness and joy for just a short time.

No Wyote you haven't missed anything here at all.

With some of the ways that ppl have joined this thread and contributed to it makes a person feel that they shouldn't post some of the things that they think and wonder about!!!

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No, no, no, no, EM, don't punish the rest of us because some people don't follow threads or directions. Then we'd miss out on your good ideas.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
How do we know?
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy