Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Hell

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hell
What would cause you to go to hell?

This thread will not be about whether or not hell exsits. Foe arguement sakes it does.

What would cause you go to hell and why?

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i personally do not believe in heaven or hell, but as you say for argument's sake in this case, it does....

Hell and what beliefs are held in that word, are always guided towards the negative. If you sin, and do something wrong, you'll go to hell...if you're not sorry, and you don't repent, you'll go to hell....

But is this the case?

"my name says it all!"
 45yrs • M •
But what if you are "insane" or "multiple personality" and you kill someone. If the God is all forgiving and the person was not in there right mind they should go to heaven.......right?

What I think makes someone go to hell is if they know and understand the diffrence between right and wrong, then choose wrong to better or self preserve themselves.Than they go to hell.

You know what I mean?

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
edited by Firebird,

I said for arguments sake, I am not asking if it does or does not exsist.

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 37yrs • F •
haha real nice you just deleted everything i wrote ..... but for argument's sake i guess people would go to hell for murder and other crap like that , definetly not for smoking sigarettes or not going to church on sundays

p.s. are you gonna EDIT this one too ?

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I guess that you would have to define what hell, because most religions have their own hells and heavens of some sort.

From a Christian perspective (if that were mine) I would say I would have to commit murder or rape or something to that effect and not ask to be forgiven.

What if Hell is earth, and we are here, what did we do to deserve it?

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 45yrs • M •
Okay wes......you would consider killing someone going to hell worthy. As you sit right now, yes or no, would you kill someone (for whatever reason)?

45yrs • M •
Mia....all you typed was "it doesn't exist dude"

that did not contribute to the forum whatsoever. So I deleted it.

As you may have seen in other threads and you will see if further threads I will do the same if what the person is says does not contribute in any way. For example what you had said. Or you failed to read what I had specifically typed "for arguments sake"

44yrs • M •
Yes, I would. I can think of several reasons why I would kill someone.

Yes I believe that under the God belief, murder would be punishable by hell.

45yrs • M •
okaylemme look at this a diffrent way, in your opinin is being a "bad" person a natural part of a human being?

44yrs • M •
Yes, definitely....

37yrs • F •
i know this wasn't adressed to me but i think it is
it's like being a kind person .... it was given to you but you sure can control it .... you can improve it or completely get rid of it
and if you just stick with the things the way they are ( and that's what most people do beacuse changing them is too much work ) then you'll just be a "good" or a "bad" person by nature
so "bad" people do deserve punishment for the "bad" things they do, because they KNOW that what they're doing is wrong, but you can't blame them for the ideas and thoughts they have.
so say if i really wanted to to kill someone and even had everything planned out but never actually did it because i realized that it wouldn't be right then i AM a "bad" person and it would be a natural part of me but i was smart enought not to follow my nature and i don't go to hell

*wonders if anyone's gonna read it*

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here's something else to consider... suppose somebody held your child (or someone dear to you) at gunpoint and told you to rob a bank or maybe even kill another person whom you did not know personally. Would letting your significant other die cause you to go to hell? or what about the other route? it would almost seem as if this situation is a one way ticket straight down. I believe that in order to avoid "hell" one must lead a life which is vastly concentrated on the helping of others, fighting off our inherent selfishness will no doubt make a person not only better off in this world but also in the next (assuming there is one).... have I gone a bit overboard for my first post ever?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • F •
YES SIR !
i don't know about letting someone you love die i think would just be a guilty concience kind of thing because you didn't really do anything to hurt anyone so you can't go to hell but you'd keep of thinking of what you could've done to save the person and you'd think that you don't even deserve being in heaven ...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I think What would Bring someone to Hell well at least should is being untruthful to them self and people that marry and think its just about them being happy because it doens't work that way.. then they Get A Divorce and did I mention I hate People?

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
Hell
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy