Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Medicinal Marijuana - Page 2

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
GRUMPY OLD MEN

Would you compare a beer to LCD

You can't compare marajuana to LCD

Why is it ok to drink a beer but not ok to smoke marajuana.

I had a girl friend who had a pregnant daughter who would get morning sickness every day. She would smoke marajuana to cure it. Her and her mother asked the doctor about it and the doctor not only approved of this, but said that the medicine she could proscribe would do more damage than the marajuana, but she cautioned not to smoke any marajuana 2 months before she was due to give birth, because DHS would do a blood test and if it came up positive, they'd take the baby away.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I may seem to be getting off the subject of this thread but . . . when I was 16 I broke my back in a motorcycle accident. At times I have been treated with a derivative of coca plant, similarly CocaCola originally contained an extract of coca plant that is were it got its name.
Which makes me wonder if they still produced the original formula. Then I might be able to simply have a Coke to relieve the pain? Of course, I would probably have to go to a doctor to get a prescription and then get the scrpt filled.
I'm not particularly fond of codiene so I started asking for other medications when I got down with my back but they didn't relieve the pain as well. Actually the best medicine I got wasn't a pain reliever, it was an anti-inflamatory.
The bad effects of ti were that a) chemically it is steroid & 2) it takes 2 days of taking it before you start to feel any relief.
So I was wondering if I were to make a tea, would it be effective to relief those little annoying chronic back pain? I mean if it was then people like dialaist patients could maybe have a cup of tea after being on the blood pumps, just to ease their pain & make life a little more bare-able?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
There are so many different kinds of tea, and you have to be careful. A herbalist would be a nice friend to have who could offer good advice on that.

I'm all for alternative medicine. But, though it may not be expensive, the insurance companies won't touch it. So, we all use the expensive medicine because it's free after your insurance pays for it.

72yrs • M •
I agree with you OkCity but Iwould extend that the old-fashion methods of treatment may be better method as well.
A good friend speaks of our attitude "Speedy, fast .. fast relief is just a swallow away", just take two pills and everything will be ok until you call me in the morning. He did a lot of work with teenager alcoholic, he sent the message " if you want different results then try doing things differently."

64yrs • M •
I blame it on TV. But I blame TV for everything. But on TV, people enjoy their job, they don't work to hard, if they work at all, you never see them pay bills, etc, etc, etc.

Give me back the time when the old people told stories and the young people sat around and listened. It has been replaced by TV which is so full of it. They grow up with supposidly a perfect world in their head they got from a TV set, unable, and unprepared to face the real world, so they don't.

72yrs • M •
ya mean the One - Eyed monster that sits in your living room? That is what my old man called it. Kind of like the one armed bandit that hold you up, taking your money!
Recent edit
Oh I went to the drug store for to fill a prescription. So I had a talk with the pharmacist. I told him how my father used to take quinine because of malaria in the Marshall isles during ww2 nad I had it in Phillipines on my way from Nam. Seems quinine is a controled substance too. I would need to get a prescription if I have a relaspe.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
Marijuana could only be legal if the drug companies could spend millions in research so that they could reprocess it into little tiny pills that cost 75 dollars a peice to help reliev anxiety.

72yrs • M •
Oh ya, fat chance ehh.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dunno about the relieve anxiety, but the rest sounds about right, lol.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 72yrs • M •
Business Day
Thursday, July 01, 2004
The Gainesville Sun

Header: Rise in Prices Outpaced Inflation
Title: AARP Rising drug prices offset discount
* Prices rose just before Medicare launched its drug card program
-----------------------------
Associated Press

Washington --- Drug makers raised prescription prices by nearly triple the rate of inflation in the first three months of this year – just before Medicare began its pharmacy discount card program – negating much of the saving the government promised seniors, according to AARP survey released Wednesday.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=19296-u-page=0#25003

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that l2 () l3 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
cturtle, you remind me of one of those over-protective parents who want to abolish dodgeball

"Life is just one damned thing after another."
 72yrs • M •
As
quote:
one of those over-protective parents

quote:
these drugs may cause adverse effects depending upon the person
but being overcharged for them. Doesn't
quote:
the old-fashion methods of treatment may be better
and cheaper means of relieving the pain.
Of course in your youth the want or desire is more pertinent than the need you will come to know as you grow old.
Update: The Gainesville Sun Nation & World pg.3A
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
by Robert Pear
The New York Times
quote:
Medicare cost withheld The withholding of data from Congrss didn't violate any criminal laws.
An internal investigation by the Deptartment of Health & Human Services confirms that top Medicare officials intentionally withheld data from Congress showing that Medicare drugs benefits would probably cost much more than the White House acknowledged.

I was going to give another piece for another threaad when I noticed this one. Wow, the director threatened to fire the program chief if he gave Congress the info.
Isn't democracy (capitalism) great!

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that littlelady89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think marijuana should be legal medically and for personal use. it's just like having a beer when you get out of work. if u worked your ass off all day y can't u come home and smoke a joint to relax. i see nothing wrong with this. but i do see something wrong with the government trying to take away your rights. it's a natural plant. it shouldn't be illegal. it's less dangersous than alcohol.

"free country my ass."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Holy thread resurection Batman!

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my quick personal thoughts on weed vs. alcohol

weed has the potential to make you smart and think, where as alcohol has the potential to make you stupid and not think.

govenment consensus- legalize the one that makes people stupid, completely disreguarding the death rates of the two.

yes. weed should be used for medicinal purposes, as well as personal purposes.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
Medicinal Marijuana - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy