Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Quantum questions

User Thread
 55yrs • M •
FliponKant is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Quantum questions
Have just finished a great book called quantum questions - not as high brow as it sounds, just a series of essays on the convergence of science, philosophy and religion - In it Schroedinger makes the point that when we dream we appear to experience something similar to our every day existence (with some obvious quirks) but what hadn't occured to me was that you (the dreamer) are actually in control of all the other characters in your dream although you don't realise it. In essence everyone in the dream is an individual but intrinsicly linked at the same time. If you think about it this is pretty close to modern day thinking and particularly Eastern philosophy about "God". I'm not suggesting we are all stuck in some "Matrix like" dream but it gave me a good insight into what i think God realy is...i.e. not an Old man with a long white beard

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Hawaiian religion that was outlawed by the Catholic Church - Can't remember the name, but, they claimed that they could predict the future and even change it through their dreams. They knew we were coming before we got there and allowed it believing that we were gods.

In the Venture Inward, a publication by the Association of Research and Enlightenment. They have run some recent articles about what you're talking about. I don't think it was exactly the same, but close.

Two things that are important. You cannot remember all your dreams in detail, so you have to write them down after you awake so that you can study them later and second. I Controlling your dreams takes practice. Its called Lucid dreaming. I don't do either one - but I should.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Quantum questions
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy