Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Deja Vu-Theories - Page 3

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
Daner is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Deja vu. Its crazy. You know how we only use 10 % of our brains? I believe that we have already done the things that we see but our brains are not devoloped enough to see them. We see them 1 or 2 days later and we say "deja vu". The reason why we see them in dreams is because its happening right at that time. We wont get to "see" it 1 or 2 days later... Hard to put to words... do you get it?

"Life is fake"
 40yrs • M •
_kuRt_ is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
no man i don't get it and we're using 14% of our brains

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah I get it. Interesting theory Daner. I kinda agree with Spartigol when he mentions the subconcious preparing the concious to experiance something, but maybe he should explain it a little more.

However, Daners theory of 'seeing them in dreams is because its happening right at that time' could only be correct if people walked in their sleep! as then the subconcious would be awake and later on the concious could notice some memories in the subconcious and this would cause Deja vu , and this CERTAINLY does not happen according to our observation! Unless maybe we all really sleep walk(and kill half the poulation of the earth withought them being able to 'see' it) and because our brains are at a low evolution stage, we would not notice it it! And that absurd! , unless this thing is explained more.
In simpler terms, perhaps we do something, and we don't notice it, maybe because of it not being of any significance or something, and so the sub concious does it for us. The deja vu occurs when the concious becomes aware of that actoin, which is stored inside the sub's memory, thus causing deja vu, and since the concious did'nt notice the event, it appears that the event happened long before.
Maybe we are making too much out of this. Maybe deja vu just occurs when two EXACT similar things happen over a span of some years, and the brain gets confused and can't distinguish between the present happening and the past happening, thus causing a state of mixture of both tenses.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am not understanding your thoughts? My own experiences of deja vu cmae and went in places and situations which might be some similar past experience? But then why did they follow the same lines of action and external (outside influences) of others? In at least one incident involved people I had never met pior to the experience? Which is to ask, 'Is there a distinction between deja vu and lucid dreamingand other psyhic experiences?'

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok time to open up this can of worms again.

Some interesting reading here...basically you have come up with 3 different ideas on what "deja vu" is:
1) a recollection of a dream
2) a malfunction of the brain
3) a spiritual essence

Have any of you ever heard of something called [b]Aether?

In short Aether is considered to be the 5th element. A sort of micro electro magnetic field, which is basically everywhere.
In past cultures it was also refered to as spirit.

I won't get into it too deep here (but do read the link it is quite interesting). I will continue on another post.

http://www.keelynet.com/davidson/npap1.htm

[  Edited by otb at   ]
 1961yrs • M •
so did u get a chance to read a little on that link?
See the part where he describes Aether as having 5 characteristics?

One being " a medium which is controllable by our minds and can be manipulated by our thoughts."

If that is the case it could also be used as a medium to transmit information into our minds.
Either by accident ( a cross fire in our brain or, while dreaming)
or purposely ( spiritual essence ).

Also I would like to note, my story in the "is life planned?" thread would coincide with the cross fire theory between the short term and the long term memories. Only that the short memory is making a connection with an actual long memory.

So really, all of you could be right in what deja vu is.

does it make sense? what r your thoughts?

72yrs • M •
Checked your link but it didn't load correctly. So I reloaded the homepage (over half loaded) but I didn't stay long.I did link to conversion site though.

quote:
Have any of you ever heard of something called Aether?
Ya, the alchemist term also called ether,
which foreshadowed our concept of (heat) thermolecular energy in chemical bonding?
So I would think that their is a signiture frequency or band which may relate to our brain functioning? Yet aura & astral body form relationship of the body or an extention of the physical body.

1961yrs • M •
none of my links seem to be working?? am i doingf something wrong?
they were working yesterday
I R Me suggested to just copy and paste the link to ur address bar...that seems to work.

quote:
So I would think that their is a signiture frequency or band which may relate to our brain functioning?

I look at like this.....We often hear about twins that are connected at a sub concious level....well if each of the twins had the same "signiture frequency" ...Aether would be the conduit that actually connects them.

So if you make it to that site keelynet.com, try and find the page by Dan A Davidson. It will be under the topic of Gravity and or Free Energy.
Otherwise There is plenty of other reading there....Aether is quite a concept and goes much deeper than we talked about here.

[  Edited by otb at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if deja vu is just a brain malfunction, of an inncedeint that has already occured, then why does it occur that same day of when you have dreamed it? Also if this brain malfucntion is ture, then that means our brains our able to predict our lives, if we just used more then 10% of our brain. also, then that means that our daily lives, in one way or another, repreats its self. Then that means our whole life is just one big pattern, and what about those who do not have deja vu? Do their lives share the features of the number pi? never repeats itself? ????????

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 1961yrs • M •
sorry I was trying to imply there could be several ways to induce deja vu, not only brain malfunction.
I understand it like this....your brain can pick up signals (much like a radio). "Aether" is a conduit of radio signals carrying information. But your brain has to be on the right frequency to recieve such info...so if a malfunction occurs, it may stimulate a frequency change, and for a split second you would be tuned into a source of information.
While you are sleeping this could also happen, giving the effect that u dreamed it.

As I mentioned before, a spiritual essence could also induce this.

quote:
brain malfucntion is ture, then that means our brains our able to predict our lives, if we just used more then 10% of our brain. also, then that means that our daily lives, in one way or another, repreats its self

Now this is another topic....you may want to read my post on the "is life planned" thread.
Briefly, I deal with the idea that life is already written, and is stored somewhere....and that it is possible to tap into that information.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=18511-u-frmid=12-u-page=2

[  Edited by otb at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.keelynet.com/davidson/npap1.htm

Had trouble with your link also, so am reposting it, hopefully it will work. You have some interesting theories, I will have to check them out.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
otb, I checked your linksite. Well you are getting a little off thread. You might put your 'theory' in the science section?

1961yrs • M •
cturtle
How so am I getting off thread.....cloudee1 was looking for explanations....did I not give one?
If you are refering to aether specifically, your right it does belong in the science forum, and religion forum, and philosophy forum...

Since we're here anyway I thought you might be interested in Aether in relation to religious text.
http://www.ldolphin.org/cohere.shtml

[  Edited by otb at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, Something weird happened to me today. I had dejavu in my dream. It has happened lots of times, but i noticed it this once. It was like I was trying to escape from somewhere, u know, I was 'in' the moment, but at the same time I knew what was going to happen! Maybe when similar dreams occur, this happens.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
If you are refering to aether specifically, your right it does belong in the science forum, and religion forum, and philosophy forum...

Not to offend oth, I was looking at the info presented but found it a bit long and hard to comprehend so I was suggesting perhaps you could condense it into a form which could be advanced in that forum.

Deja Vu-Theories - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy