Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The God Thread - Page 3

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"And I don't think it's righteous cutting down othere people's beliefs."
You make helping people get closer to the truth seem so bad... Well what are beliefs to you for?To have comfortable dillusion or to be close to the truth?

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Crimson, let us look at another situation that may help us to see this one more clearly?
Once mankind held the commonly accepted belief that the world was flat? Well, no the world is not flat but even in physics and in math of todays world, within certain limits it is treated as such.
Once mankind held the commonly accepted belief that the earth was the center of the universe and all things circled (orbited) around it? Well, yes and no according to relativity?
The math and physics of yesterday's world use able to derive formulations (computations) which to various degree accurately describe the orbits of the planets based upon the earth as the center of rotation but if you have a horoscope done, it is generally by computations based upon the sunas the center of rotation then having established relative position of the planets further computations are ran relating it to your position on the earth (centered on you).
Did they Lie to people? Did they deceive people? Did they teaach the Truth? The TRUTH is constant and unchanging Word of GOD? The Truth did not change, mankind's perception did, Truth is a (vision) quest, that begins when you seek the Truth, not just accepting but seeking.
okcitykid actually not that I know so if I am probably not enough blood to be accepted as such. In my search to understand division in the church, I walked with many congregations to learn of their ways. To understand spirit, I expanded the scope of my search. Generally speaking Christians have little to offer in this area because of they fear Spirit, including those 'born again, hands raised to receive the spirit' type Christian.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 43yrs • M •
"Did they Lie to people? Did they deceive people? Did they teaach the Truth? The TRUTH is constant and unchanging Word of GOD? The Truth did not change, mankind's perception did, Truth is a (vision) quest, that begins when you seek the Truth, not just accepting but seeking."
You're right, those things people believed like a flat earth were practical and useful. However today, the world has changed and I don't see much use in "god". God has been an excuse to hate and kill each other and I can see no more reason to cling to this comfortable dillusion.
You're right in saying there is no absolute truth, that's why I said closer to the truth, because I do believe that is possible to get closer to the truth.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Crimson - You don't think it is right to believe in God than don't believe in God. But just because you believe God is false doesn't mean the rest of us have to also. Hitler is dead and communism has no future. This is America - and I am free to believe in God. I will believe in God and I don't have to prove to you that there is a God or explain why.

I never killed anyone in the name of God. I'm not trying to make you believe in God. Why do you continue to make me disbelieve? If you're looking for company in your disbelief, don't look for me. Do you need me to disbelieve so that you may be more sure of your own belief or what? Grow up - be a man, learn to stand alone on your own two feet with your own beliefs.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 43yrs • M •
" You don't think it is right to believe in God than don't believe in God."
I don't intend to
" But just because you believe God is false doesn't mean the rest of us have to also."
Of course not, but I'm trying to convince you that God is false, or at the very least there is no particular reason to believe in God.

" Hitler is dead and communism has no future. This is America - and I am free to believe in God."
I've no idea what Hitler or communism have to do with this :lol: But anyway yes you are free to believe in, and I am free to try to convince, unless you don't want to debate, in which case you are free to not reply to my posts.

" Why do you continue to make me disbelieve?"
Because I like to debate and understand other people's beliefs.

"Do you need me to disbelieve so that you may be more sure of your own belief or what? Grow up - be a man, learn to stand alone on your own two feet with your own beliefs."
Ya, attack my masculinity why don't you
And yes, seeing a believer disbelieve would help in my beliefs. I think we can only get closer to the truth if people share their points of view, not by isolating themselves and having blind faith in their beliefs, as you are encouraging.

I don't think beliefs should be based on stubborn isolated faith.

72yrs • M •
Crimson, Although you may not beleive in GOD or not it is said that reading the bible can be good for instruction.
Ac 23:6 But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.
Ac 23:7 And when he had so said, there arose a dissension between the Pharisees and the Sadducees: and the multitude was divided.
Ac 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both
OK, do you perceive my implication when I say that Christians did not do these things?

43yrs • M •
I understand they are many good parts of the bible. At there are both historical references and more importantly some universal morals.
But I don't understand the implication of your quote though.

72yrs • M •
One of the principles of jeudo-christian belief is in the spirit, another is that GOD is a spirit. If you beleive in GOD, you therefore beleive in spirit. If don't beleive in spirit, how can you beleive in GOD which is a spirit?

64yrs • M •
Ok Crimson - Prove to me there is no God if you must. Get it off your chest.

Gee Wiz

43yrs • M •
LOL kid, its not so much proving that god isn't there. Then just there is no reason to believe he is. No strong evidence leading to the belief that an omnipotent, omnibenelvent being exists...
No, no evidence at all.

72yrs • M •
Decius, Thank you for being a refreshing breeze to cool these things when they seem to become to full of heat.
A pause to give some thought!

64yrs • M •
Decius

I too have to say thanks.

You can no more prove that there is god as you could prove that there isn't.

Science is about theories and religion is about beliefs.

If we share we will profit. If we argue, we waste our time.

The fool says I know and the wise man says I wonder.

There are many sides to this round world of ours. You could never know it all.

64yrs • M •
Concerning God - I understand there are three kinds.

One believes in a god that you cannot speak to, touch or feel. A god that could not personally know you nor could you know it. This is a logical god. It is logical to believe in this god.

Then there is a god that personally knows you and I. We can pray to it and it hears us and even answers us. This god is not logical, because its just not possible. We are one planets among possibly a billion others, maybe more. We on this planet are only one of many billion. How can God hear me and the person in China also and everyone in between at the same time among a billion other planets. I can truly understand why some people would think that is nuts.

There is however a third belief that we in the west are not real familiar with. God is an energy that is within us and without us that we through meditation can tap into. This is a little bit more logical.

I have thought about all of these things and decided that I believe in the illogical personal God. Because of things I have experienced in my life. Though I do not understand it, nor can I explain it - I still believe it. I understand it this way. A God to create all that there is must be a great God. Greater than we can understand. Therefore, just because we can't understand it or explain it, does not mean that it is not so.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that stealph is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OKCITYKID--In your second statement of concerning God, I have to clarify, God is not an it. Concerning the God you talk to and receive answers from, God is a He.

I love your statements about the three Gods. Do you believe in Jesus Christ being the head of your life? I ask this because He is the God who answers prayers, questions, and provides people and dreams to prove himself to you. YOU must stand on your beliefs.

ANALOGY: Lets say we are in an orange painted, empty room, we both agree the room is orange. Someone walks in and decalres the room as a green room. We both believe it is orange, so we must stand on it and declare it being orange. But first we have to define orange and its shades and agree with the newcomer on the definition of orange and green.

[  Edited by stealph at   ]
 72yrs • M •
stealph It is helpful to direct statements if you are addressing or relating to a particular statement. Not an obligation but reduces confusion. As I received you mail so it became a question if you were referring your statement to me as I broached the subject.
GOD - the creator, Christ - the Lord of the Christians Life because He bought thee Christians life with His Own & Holy Spirit - which is the active agent in the Christians life (teaches, etc) this is paralleled in Native American (Lakota) Tradition

The God Thread - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy