Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Regrets - Page 2

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
they are some VERY good words to live by!

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lynniepoohs, I came to a similar conclusion so I try to accept people as they are, not what they pretend to be. We are all human and therefore are going to fail to live up to the expectations of ourselves and others.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that tristen is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
right on turtle!!! i wish more people could grasp that concept. it's pointless to dwell on the shoulda's and coulda's .i think people need to look forward instead of stewing on the past.

"mind over matter \"if you don\'t mind it doesn\'t matter\""
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Abe Slank is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"It's better to regret something you have done instead of something you haven't done." Butthole Surfers intro to Sweatloaf from Locust Abortion Technician.
Who would have guessed those guys were so deep?
Personally, I have few regrets.

46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Kookiekruncher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Regrets are mistakes you make the first time so maybe you won't do it a second time

"Treat everyone as you would want to be treated"
 39yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that JetPlane is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm dating a fellow now who I have known since I was 8, and we just recently got back from going on vacation together.

The thing I find most amazing about him is that our relationship is almost entirely sexless. We hold hands and he kisses me with his lips held tightly together. At first, I was really affronted at the fact, but, after a while, after wondering awfully why this strikingly handsome male who told me he was in love with me refused to stick his tongue in my mouth, his manner grew on me.

We spent 7 days sleeping in the same bed, but besides to wake me up by brushing my hair away from my face and kissing me so tightly, he didn't touch me in any other way.

The regret I have is that I've never had a relationship like this before where it literally does move very slowly, starting like children taking their first walk to the park alone and then moving on to crossing the street, going to the store, etc.

But, maybe if I had, I wouldn't find this one so utterly beautiful.

"\"Like maple syrup, Canada\' evil oozes.\"-<i>Canadian Bacon</i>"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Regret and the idea of doing things over-
one thing that bugs me is when someone is blabbering about how successful they are and how difficult it was to get there and that if they could go back they would do everything all the same- i think that is a cop out. If you could go back in time would you not choose a different rooute just to see what if -even if out of regret? We all have regrets we have all made bad choices as well. One thing I asked myself the other day was- if you could see yourself 10 years in the future what do think you would like to have done differently..." it is a very open ended question but it really got me thinking...

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wish I would have listened to all of my Dads..... what I thought at the time..... Dumb Ass Stories.

He passed, and now I wish I would have listened.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 38yrs • M •
Plague is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I can't say I regret anything really.When you think about it every action taken in life moves you towawrd some goal or another.Although they don't seem fair or right at the time they get you to your final destination as a human....wich is TRUE self actualization. Finding your true self by certain pathways is the only way we as humans know how to live

"You ask me how thought and wish are formed in us. I answer you that I have not the remotest idea. I do not know how ideas are made any more than how the world was made. All we can do is to grope in darkness for the springs of our incomprehensible machine."
 40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that past embrace is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Regret is useless.

Things that are already done can not be changed, but they can be fixed. There is a few things that I look back on and frown, but they've taught me so much about ME. I am the kind of person who can't be told whats right and wrong. It doesn't sink in unless I get wonderful or horrible results. For the sake of this post I 'regret' not getting close to anyone in highschool. I think I could have made some good friends, but oh well.

"i just want to have some little fun"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would say my only regret in life... Is not having the ability to know how some one feels or what they are thinking so when My friends or some one is having a bad day i can cheer them right up... It kills me when I see someone looking glum

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Regret doesn't happen if you think about the future. Think 5 years from now would i regret not dating someone, becoming closer friends with someone or doing something that would make you happy. This is how i avoid these unpleasent thoughts. Just simply ask yourself would i regret not doing this 5 years down the road.

cheers

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I always try to be positive, so If I have a regret it will only be on a short-term basis. Having long-term regrets, is not the way to live. thankfully I have no regrets

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
letting people get to know me always leads to regrets.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 48yrs • M •
elixior is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ACTION DETERMINES THE FUTURE

"When I act, I determine the future and limit my possibilities for all future action. Action here on Earth is irreversible. What has been done cannot be undone. Each attempt on my part to restore the status quo ante is another action at another time. My possibility for future action has been reduced because the energy expended cannot be recalled. The past is fixed. The future is only a possibility which may never be realised. The present is the only available point of action. And each of my actions helps to determine what future I shall experience."

Excerpt taken from www.ardue.org.uk/temple/consc.htm

I regret not being able to live by this simple philosophy.

"What consumes your mind, controls your life."
Regrets - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy