Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

American footballers are pansies - Page 2

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oh come on, I'm not that sensitive: stab away!

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
See thats what I like. Someone that would sacrafice their own credibility just so that others can have a good time.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 44yrs • M •
Of course I don't mind, because no one here knows me, so nothing can hurt (very bad at least).

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Aladinsane is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't necessarily watch American Football just for the hits and tackles. It is a very complex game that requires a lot of strategy and I enjoy that aspect.

I like Rugby too. But there are elements of it that I find tedious. It's a little too free for all and you don't have the great passes and catches that you see in American Football.

Again, I like them both but prefer American Football.

""One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.""
 35yrs • M •
*cough*Hockey*cough*Hockey*cough*New Jersey Devils*cough*Stanley Cup*cough*

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All I would like to add is that I have seen and played both rugby and football. I tend to notice football is composed of much larger and stronger players, while rugby is usually medium sized/slightly tall players who are rather lean. I just have to say that you shouldn't call a football player a pansy, as most of them are just mountains of muscle weighing anywhere from 170 to 350 pounds, maybe even more. The reason they wear pads is to avoid injury. Believe me, if half of the National Rugby thing(or whatever it's called) were made of 230 pounds guys made of all muscle, they would wear pads. And they DON'T hit harder. In rugby, a tackle doesn't usually hurt too much, but in football, in MANY cases you can hear the smack because the tackles are so hard, and many times bones are broken. I am not dissing rugby, but I am just trying to make you understand that it hurts A LOT when a 240 pound beast charges you and slams into you at 20 miles an hour(yes a lot of them run that fast).

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Can you say "La Crosse"?

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 35yrs • M •
La Crosse is a good sport. I find it better then some of the more popular sports. Only, it isn't that physical anymore. You can't check anyone anymore unless you are watching some other made up league, or the rules could be different in other countries.

53yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that I do not listen is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You litle slight of build rugby and soccer players do not even stand up to our huge boys. You really want to go unprotected against a 300 lb mass of pissed of american???? I am sure there are plenty of football boys here who would love to take you out bare and wipe the grass with your little ass. When they are done you will be wishing you had opted for the helmet and pads.

"whatever"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
HEYYYYYYYYYYYY
Never make fun of soccer players or call them pansies. I play soccer, and in case you don't know, it is one of, if not the, most tiring sports in the world. Just because soccer players aren't 300 pounds of muscle (which it is better that they aren't for the game they play), doens't mean their pansies. Soccer players have strong legs. One swift kick from a good, strong Forward(soccer position) would drop any football player in a second. You are too into size I believe. I take martial arts, and size matters in many ways. But there are ways to use the other person's size to your advantage.
Ok I kinda went all over the place, just don't ever make fun of soccer players again, because REAL MEN can run a mile in under 5 minutes, not bench 400 pounds.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 44yrs • M •
Well underdawg that depends on your definition of "real men". I'm sure to some gay guy somewhere a "real man" is someone that owns a pink dress, , but to me "Real Men Wear Black" because I am a OakLand Raider Fan! I think the point here is that American Football players are not "pansies", and Rugby players aren't either (I guess) because they play different sports. We could probably overpower most soccer players easily but we those same powerful linemen couldn't outrun a soccer foreward. Ya know?

53yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that I do not listen is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I suppose I said that wrong. What I am saying, the pads are necessary in football. You can and people do die even with the gear. Your game is different. So I guess if you take an outside point of view, credit to my husband, Neither are pansies, we are talking two DIFFERENT sports requiring different skills at which both sides are skilled.
But if your talking pussies because American Football players wear safety gear you are wrong. 300 lb men slamming into each other can and does cause severe injuries and death.Gear is necesary. In my opinion it is not worth that sort of risk just so you feel like your cock is huge. Not my thing but then again I have estrogen poisoning........

"whatever"
 44yrs • M •
hu hu...hu hu...she said cock...he he he.

I completely agree with that 'I do not like', both sports the men are tough indeed, but one does not earn the status of being a pussy or pansy just because he wears pads. I could argue about this for days because I have a preference for football, but it just boils down to who you think is tougher I guess.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yup.. Uh huh.. I see... No I don't uinderstand..

La crosse..

Has not lost its toughness.. Box La crosse "ouch"

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Aura is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Used to follow the NFL in highschool, when I lived in the States. Moved to Canada years ago and "fell out of the loop", I guess. Like waaay out... I turned the TV on one year and nearly went into shock when I noticed the Patriots in the Superbowl

Now I'm stuck going to CFL games. It's alright though. 3 downs instead of 4 kinda makes the game go at a bit faster pace.

And yeah, 300 lbs. of muscle charging at full speed can be pretty scary. I wouldn't get on the field with those guys unless I was in a hummer.

"I'm here to live... OUT LOUD!"
American footballers are pansies - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy