Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience. - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why do women give guys a hard time.

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
philxseven is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It doesn't make sense why they do this, considering the men that most women end up choosing are problematic down the road. "Most" women's sense of who to date and who not to date is flawed by design. The only men who women consistently don't give a chance to are the men who they would deem as "boring". For example, a woman will put up with a guy who sits at home all day and belittles her but was "cool" back in high school and will tolerate him until old age. A man that she meets who has positive things going on in his life but may not be "cool" is passed up by the woman. Why is being boring ok, or abusing women tolerated by women when your "cool", but if she doesn't see you as the life of the party your personality traits are too unbearable for her to deal with?

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The short answer is: "because they can." But, that is truly too cynical.

People most often enter into relationships to gain something, and they pick the relationship they perceive as offering what they need. That is the basis of relationship. I get this, you get that. The 'this' and the 'that' are important. Pay attention.

The word love is often thrown into this mix. The need to bond and procreate are built into the DNA of everyone, and often is confused within that strange mix we label love. Be careful here. I once had a friend that had a cat. The cat would brush against my leg every time I came over. She said it was 'cause the cat loves you.' Then the cat would express its love for the dinning room table leg.

My advice: seek partnership with one who does not need you, but likes you, wants to share with you, and makes you smile.

As far as love? Love is not a feeling. It is an action. Doing something for the benefit of another regardless of the consequences to one's self.

34yrs • M •
philxseven is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Women acting this way because they "can" is probably the root cause. For example, If a record producer is approached over and over by different artists looking to be signed...eventually he/she will become desensitized to up and coming talent and not even bother listening to their work or message.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy