Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The failure of the world econnomy

User Thread
 73yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Decapolis is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is my opinion that the world economy is nothing more than a house of cards.
In the past a country's currency was backed with precious metals. Today all country"s print money at will with nothing more than empty promises backing it up.
I live in the United States and I hear things on the news in the morning like; the president says unemployment rates are down and and it looks like we're back on track. In my opinion the only way to get on the right track is to start making our own products again and stop outsourcing everything we do and use.
If drastic changes are not made soon the entire house of cards is going to collapse and send the world into a depression that may not be escapable

42yrs • F •
quote:
In the past a country's currency was backed with precious metals. Today all country"s print money at will with nothing more than empty promises backing it up.

This is part of the reason I thought Ron Paul was unbelievable - he wanted to go back to adding the gold standard as being a part of the US currency. I couldn't believe it when I found our about that. So unfortunate that his ideas were rejected:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/18/ron-paul-gold-standard_n_121265
1.html

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 49yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ill_llI is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The world economy almost collapsed in 2008 but we got through it because the general public didn't panic.

The money, however, is based on nothing other than faith so an event that would incur the general public to make a run on the banks would create a collapse so catastrophic that it would be like the world ending.

"The birds have their nests in the trees and the foxes have their holes in the ground, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest His head."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy