Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats. - Woody Allen
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Changing your ways

User Thread
 35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Changing your ways
So, I've had quite an experience today, reading through some of a certain user's posts here on CC.

This particular user was Metal Giant.
I've been reading his posts on vegetarianism, and he seems to make all the sense in the world to me. I find that I very much agree with his arguments for not eating meat, and though I am currently not a vegetarian, I am now determined to investigate it much further. As I see it, there is now a great possibility that I will choose to become vegetarian, because I have considered his arguments quite seriously and feel that they are valid.

So, this has come as a bit of a shock to me, this whole possibility of re-constructing a part of my life because I stumbled across a thread about vegeterianism.

This led me to wondering if there was anyone else who has made rather large lifestyle changes, or has experienced a big change in their way of thinking, from reading something posted here on CC? Or maybe any other forums? And if you have, what is it that you have changed?

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I personally was a member while MG was posting and I learned a lot from him simply because he was so good at discussing, I felt like his intellect was out of my league. It helped me understand how... much more I had to grow. I feel I've done a good job at growing, and though that is due to a lot of things, most of which have little to do with this site, I kinda grew up here.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/62491/lessons-in-humility.htm#62491a >

Check that out, I definitely learned a lot. My entire style changed after that thread. My ability to communicate very much improved when I got older.

|
"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M
I used to get irritated when people spoke with an overly complex vocabulary. I now know that is foolish. Obviously I should attempt to rise to the occasion, rather than being childish and complaining.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have changed a lot of my behavior in part due to discussions on CC. Some I've participated in and some I have simply read. I wonder now, if I would have reached this same point in my life, had I never joined CC. I think I am already inclined to continue self discovery on my own, but CC has been an invaluable tool aiding in the process. I believe it has given me a lot of self confidence that I may not have gained otherwise, and that has been the true value of CC for me. I may be no closer to any philosophical ends than any one else, but I think I've ruled out a lot of the less likely notions that many people desperately hold on to. I'm also very open to new information, as I always was... but I feel I have avoided closing myself off like many adults seem to do.

It's a continuing process, as always. With and without CC.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M
That's pretty cool. That's about how I feel.

Changing your ways
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy