Why do you try so damn hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? - brann22
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Unlocking Human Potential

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do we have dormant abilities?

From the incredibly evident placebo affect to all manner of ESP (extra sensory perception) or psychic abilities, if there is some untapped potential to heal, see beyond normal sight, travel outside of my body, recognize and manipulate forces in such ways as to perform any feat that would be deemed super human, I want to know about it and how to do it.

I've heard all manner of claims and theories but have never knowingly been witness to any extrordinary feats of mankind.

Some of the more seemingly substantial lines of interest have lead me to information concerning the pineal gland and the 97% of human dna that has been deemed "junk".

The pineal gland is a fascinating organ that most people aren't even aware of, as I was not untill fairly recently.

Everyone has heard of the third eye or the mind's eye. From what I have come to understand, that is exactly what this is.

The reason being because it actually contains most parts of an eye, apparently in certain reptiles, even more than ours. It is often referred to as being atrophied lending to the notion of it having been in use, once upon a time, far more than today.

It is also said to be bioluminescent, which in itself is fascinating to me.

It is also said to hold properties of a frequency receiver and transceiver of some fashion, due to some crystaline formations, to the point that some have made claims of cell phone companies attempting to develop and patent technology meant to scrap phones and use it instead for communication purposes, likely among others.

What lends added credence to this organ is the ancient history behind human interest in it.

Reverence to its pine cone shape can be found in many cultural and even religious art and artifacts, the largest known being in a special court of the Vatican itself.

The pineal gland has even been suggested to be a or the source of human dmt creation and distribution, DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) is one of the most potent and natural hallucenigenics known to man, commonly associated with dreams, near death experiences, and other entheogenic experiences or trips.

Enlightenment and meditiation, mystery schools, sacred geometry, and all things esoteric are often referenced in such searches of human potential but I have little knowledge of these fields either.

So as a beginning I leave the above information and expression of my interest in hopes of tapping into the knowledge of the those who already have shared interest or who gain it from this point forward.

I would have posted this in the community research area but it does not allow for multimedia posting, and I want access to all manner of information in any format.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's amazing that you post this on the same day I started reading the book "Jewel in the Lotus," which concerns itself with exactly this subject matter.

I don't want to endorse this book just yet because I'm only 50 pages into it... but from what I've read it's exactly what I've been looking for.

It's a practical hand guide to Kriya Tantra Yoga, and from what I've gathered so far, the doorway to our untapped potential is through our breathing.

The book, so far, has explained the scientific and physiological aspects of breathing and how our breathing patterns affect our health, perception and emotions - I know I know, it sounds like esoteric new-age woo woo, but you have to understand I'm only summarizing the points and the book goes into much finer detail with evidence to back all of this up.

Also I haven't had much exposure to it yet, at most a couple of hours, so my ability to elaborate on these points is limited.

If you're interested I highly recommend you check it out, maybe your local library has a copy of it (mine didn't so I had to buy it.)

I'm really excited to begin practicing the techniques it provides. If anything other-worldly ensues I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Synchronicity!

"The truth will set you on fire"
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i just made a couple of researches on it
( i'll get into it more later)
Descartes saw it as the gland that unites the immortal soul and the body. It is high in Melatonin(darkness hormone) secretion which seems to be involved with schizophrenic psychosis.

here is an extract:
quote:
The pineal system's close association with the nervous systems is exemplified by its role as mediator between the "mental body" and the central nervous system (1523-17). There are frequent references to both the pineal and the sympathetic systems as the "imaginative system" and the "impulse system" - expressions intimating the role of mind, in particular the unconscious mind, in the phenomenon of imagination. The readings referred to the sympathetic nervous system as the nervous system of the unconscious mind while the CNS was identified with the conscious mind. Thus, the readings frequent association of pineal dysfunction with incoordination between the sympathetic and central nervous systems may be related to its role as mediator of states of consciousness. In this capacity, the pineal was said to be involved in such common phenomena as imagination and sleep, paranormal experiences such as kundalini awakening and past life recall, and pathological conditions such as psychosis and epileptic seizures.

http://www.meridianinstitute.com/mh/pineal.html

if i come across anything concerning the issue will let you know. I think C.G.Jung was intrested about the power of the mind and it's gateway to the occult, Freud thought he was going insane.
question? why did u open this thread in the politics section, does it have something to do with the Illuminati?

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 46yrs • M
Ok.

So I've been pretty silent for some time now, not that everyone knows or cares... none the less...

I've refined my interests in life down to a few key issues, corruption/conspiracy (i.e. truth over limiting fiction), and human potential, (i.e. truth over limiting fiction)

In other words, the lies that hold us back as well as the extent of unbridaled potential once we aren't held back.

In terms of this thread, and any progressions in human potential, I have found an avenue that I have, as usual, so paradoxically known and not realized, as so many here will agree, to be so basic and intrinsically accessible to this that I choke on its irony and its supression, intentionally or otherwise, I would surmise both.

What I speak of is the realm of LUCID DREAMING.

How many of you are even aware of the term or the degree of potential significance within I can not know/

However, I can, unlike other "supernatural" abilities, attest to my own experience here with them or it.

For those unaware, Lucid dreams are those in which, as opposed to normal dreams, one become consciously aware and in control of ones self while dreaming.

Rather than a movie or reactionary scenario, one is in conscious control of one's thoughts and actions, and at the point of greater control, one's actual environment.

Off hand, the link between out of body experiences (OBE) and lucid dreams is very significant.

The links between dreams, OBE's, and entheogenic (or drug or hallucinogenic) experiences are indeed even more so.

I've seen on this site before discussions of entheogens/drugs etc.

What you must take into account is bias on the subject due to limited cultural and scientific knowledge of the issues.

The facts of the matter include that we have enthogenic/drug "induced" "hallucinations" every night when we dream, every day, when we day dream or mentally image things.

As well as the reality of the limitations to scientific knowledge or understanding of these processes and their ultimate realities, such as the very real potential of actually tuning into other dimensions.

Ultimately at this briefly abridged point I am saying be wary of limiting judgement and be of an open mind, in more ways than one.

Look into lucid dreaming, ask what you may of me, but look into other accounts as I too am new, yet experienced, in the sucject matter.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ParallelShabba is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We have no potential because we all fucking suck

"If you try to fix violence with violence you do nothing but create violence"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'v just read a book called 'The Divine Matrix' by an interesting author called 'Gregg Bradden'. Gregg has researched alot about the human potential and the way how are emotions effect our dna and how our dna effects our surroundings.

"I hungry"
 46yrs • M
I want to know if anyone here feels they have had out of body experiences (obe), astral projection.

Or if you think them blatant impossibilities or improbabilities.

My lucid dreaming has continued and grown.

Upon looking into lucid dreaming obe's are constantly referenced, as distinct but related.

I put some effort into attempts at obe's testing my own skepticism, because I'm always open, and even hope.

I thought I had felt a couple of signs of potential initiation during my early lucid dreaming days.

Turns out, that was nothing.

I can see fairly officially now that I have stumbled more recently and rather unexpectedly full into the realm and apparent reality of obe's.

Before I had felt some strong energies and the feeling of falling and jerking myself out of any effort, nothing significant.

This more recent episode beyond dwarfs anything I could have expected or imagined.

I was drifting in and out of sleep and wakefulness as well as in and out of dreams, but I noticed in the dream I was disoriented and sluggish in speach, but I couldn't really move.

At one point throughout this cycle, something mindblowingly beyond proper discription happened.

I woke up from the dreams, I was in bed, on my side, but could not move, much like in the dream but even moreso.

I would have been more concerned about it but I was too distracted, by what?

For one, an internal body vibration so violent, yet not at all uncomfortable, actually quite pleasant, was racking my entire body. The intensity is what is so hard to put into words, the feeling, it was like I was shaking violently, but so fast, but I was pretty sure I wasn't moving at all.

I would have been more concerned about it but I was too distracted, by what the fuck else now?

At the same time there was roaring rushing noise, like wind and a frieght train so fucking loud, I thought I should be going deaf, but again, it wasn't the least bit painful, it actually felt good.

But it too was sooo intense, and the weird thing was, as I took greater awareness of it, it only intensified!

I had read enough to think I knew what might be happenning, so even though I was a bit shocked and scared, I tried to roll with it.

This is where I started back into dream phases, or at least I thought so, suddenly I saw an image of my apartment but I was floating like a detached head looking at what passes for furniture, my boxes and tvs, I didn't recognise it as what was in my room making me think I was dreaming I later realised it was my living room.

But I was still fairly dissoriented, next thing I new I was looking behind where I was floating, and this really made me think I was dreaming, but there were three people who looked like they were in lab coats or something but one had what appeared to be some form of alien head.

Just as I had enough time to notice this peculiarity, the alien headed dude jumped at me, pushing me, I had the distinct impression that he was trying to push me back out of my body, but I had the thought that he was trying to take my body or something so kinda freaked and resisted, but right at that point, I more distinctly awoke taking full notice of the vibrations and sound and suddenly started sinking into my bed.

It was weird, I remember there being like a tunnel made out of my mattress, the scene is reminiscent of johny depps scene in the first nightmare on elm street, again, I tried to just go with it, at this point I went through my wall and was floating outside my apartments which I barely recognised due to the angle.

this is where I could no longer detect vibrations or noises and felt free and flying, but I tried to think about where I was or might want to go and it got chaotic, suddenly I was over any city that randomly popped into my head but it all happened so blindingly fast.

When I tried to concentrate on a specific place I thought of the pyramids but suddenly drifted into a dream for sure, well, as sure as I can be about anything at this point.

When I awoke, the noise and vibration were gone, but my whole body tingled with a type of energy I'm not even familiar with from any meditative energy work I've experienced.

So, the only thing I'm one hundred percent about is the vibration and loud noise, very fucking real, everything else I was too disoriented to be sure of being real or dreams. But what the fuck are dreams really?

What was even more weird and unexpected was that like two or three days later, I was waiting to take a conference call on my day off and decided to take a nap cause I was tired, fucking woke up to the vibrations and noise again, only slightly less intense, super slightly.

Now doing much more reading on the subject the event has become less of an anomoly to me, as those key symptoms are repeated over and over, not tons of other occurrances, a couple of other things often mentioned, but primarily one or both of those.

I can't help but think I had myself a breakthrough. A paradigm shifter if ever there was one, I thought lucid dreaming was a trip, but this opens up whole new worlds that I always allowed for and hoped for, but doubted, now I'm starting to speak from personal experience, I still hardly believe it.

46yrs • M
So ya, I've had nothing but continous corroborations of my experience from other sources.

I thought I was restricted to trying to get to the Monroe Institute in Virginia for actual training on these abilities.

But now I have found an international institute.

The IAC (International Acedemy of Consciousness)

I highly recommend looking into their literature and classes if you can.

I have been amazed by how much their methods, mission statements, philosophies and general perspectives mirror and often literally match my own and the words and perspectives that have been evidenced especially in recent posts here, its uncanny.

The whole topic of limited scientific models based on newtonian physics and its like in the face of infinite reality makes me look like I was plagerizing their scientific model and words. Though there are perfectly understandable reasons why.

But I cannot stress enough how, like I also recently debated and as do they, important it is to not only subjectively experience these non physical realities but to include them in any scientific and ultimately spiritual debates and frames of mind.

Again, once you leave your body and realize truths generally relegated to the unknown or science fiction, your whole world changes, depending on your previous conceptual model of reality of course.

And not only is it freeing and empowering to KNOW that we truly do survive physical death, it is equally empowering and enlightening to end certain debates and speculations hindered by unknowns and unquantifiable and unmeasureable notions and move on to the next level.

Of course it is still quite a challenge given how people react to such information. Usually violently or with great condecencion.

From religious persecution, scientific dismissal and ridicule, to every day people just thinking you have lost your grip on reality and gone mad.

But standing up to that bullshit in an unwavering search for truth is apparently what I was built for. And I fucking love it! And ask all to join in.

I still believe this to be one of the greatest sources of personal empowerment needed to break the spell and cycle of corruption in this world.

And given that WWIII is about to break out thanks to the bankers and the good people mainly doing nothing to stop it, its a time like no other and a need greater than any before.

People, I hope to god your at least aware that the middle east is about to erupt to full scale world war if we don't do something right now, not soon, now.

October is set to be the roll out of full scale ground war in lybia on top of even more invasions and expanded drone attacks and inflammation.

And in combination of the economic terrorism being perpetrated its a possible end game scenario.

We have squandered our precious time and it is now or never.

Speak to your local community groups and governments, get active or be part of the problem.

And for gods sake wake up to your own power because once you do, nothing can stop us, all lies will fall away nearly instantly and we will no longer be held back by unsuredness about what is true or false and therefore what to do to fix it.

This is deadly serious. Police states at home, the world at war, economies based on fake debts and lies of poverty crushing spirits and means, lies and propaganda and disgusting distractions keeping herds in line, intentional poisoning of food water and air and most everything else you absorb through skin and suppressed cures and technology, the impending death of the internet.

People, this isn't a joke, they have circled us in and the x factor is us waking up, taking our power back and stopping it, before its too late.

And then they came for me, and there was no one left to save me...

Don't let this be the last free thought you have.

28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Has anyone else noticed how much of the media (films, literature) recently has been playing with this concept? The whole "you only use ten percent of your brain power" plot hole has been introduced a lot more in the recent past. As to whether this is accurate or not, there have been in-dubious examples in history of super-human acts. For example, a man living in India eating nothing and living for 70 years, or a 9 year old boy who pushed a lorry off of his dad in a car accident. There is certainly untapped potential in the human mind, however i am cynical as to whether any pseudo-sciences such as telekinesis or even mind reading will become a reality any time soon.

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 46yrs • M
Be careful what you label psuedo science.

Remote viewing is the most vetted of "psychic" phenomena primarily by actual government use of psychic spies with astounding results.

Not to mention the under reported but very real use of psychics by police and governments for all manner of crime solving with very validated success.

The interesting irony with psychic phenomena that I have discovered is how much they are derived from will power and intention, belief in your ability to achieve them. So extreme doubt actually helps suppress them.

Subtle energy is everywhere, learning to pay attention to sensing it is not unlike squinting to see better or concentrating on sounds to hear better and separate.

The native shamanic cultures have also been vetted for their amazing knowledge of plants and their properties that they admit are gained by spirits under entheogenic states. Modern medicine still seeks there level of knowledge and fails in comparison flat out.

I know it all sounds to good and easy to dismiss, that and other peoples intentional suppression of anything good for you is why it isn't common sense and a prevelant practice.

I personally just allowed for the possibility with such strong hope and desire for reality that I actually induced an out of body experience verifying for me a reality I will never need doubt again.

46yrs • M
This is a link to the initial pineal gland activation practice that I'm left to feel led to my obe experience.

That plus of course an openness and desire for and toward unlocking human potential, psychic phenomena etc.

Plus just trying to believe and convince myself of the probability in attempt to harness the power of intention, law of attraction, placebo power ideas etc.

But regardless, this exercise made a big impact on me and this subject so I felt a need to share it.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/91222/holy-harmony.htm#91222

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy