The heights of popularity and patriotism are still the beaten road to power and tyranny. - Hume
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

September 11

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
Randyjohnson is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
September 11
This horrible event happened seven years back.
Many innocent people died in the terrorist attack.
I felt so bad when all of those good people died.
On september 11, 2001 millions of Americans cried.
A whole nation was broken hearted on that horrible day.
Those people are still missed seven years after they passed away.
They were killed by terrorists who were cowards.
It was hard to say goodbye to those who perished in the World trade towers.

(DEDICATED TO ALL OF THE GOOD PEOPLE WHO DIED 9-11-01.)

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sorry, this is the straw that breaks the donkeys back.

Really what the hell, I spent this entire day being forced to remember people that I never knew, never cared for. This national tragedy has been turned into a excuse for the government to try and justify its needless wars and troop deployment. But in actuality 9/11 had very little to do with 90% of are military forces deployed in the world right now.

I had to listen to two speech's on it today and have been sent countless of reminders through different electronic devices. Really its time that people move on and stop acting like it happened yesterday. It's government propaganda and I'm tired of it and would like to see people remember in there own way.

Not being reminded by everyone else. Makes me sad when one agency of thought can get hold of so many people's minds in such short period of time. Just because a couple people you most likely did not know died 7 years ago.

Defeats the entire reasons we've gone on fighting for are freedom, if we're all forced to think a like then why even do so. Even if it's only one day a year I'm tired of this follow the leader stand in line because people died and I don't want to be the one who doesn't look patriotic bit.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And to say all that, when so many are still effected everyday, even if you aren't, and have a quote by buddha. I don't even know what to say to that except i hope that you never have to go through the pain that anyone who DID lose someone has had to endure. Cause you would either feel more horrible for how you feel now, or you wouldn't know how to handle any of it at all. I pray no misfortune befalls you in your lifetime.

32yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Arcanum is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...America's revenge killed alot more. Now should we go mourn for them too?
The justifications to continue bombing those poor countries and messing up even more people's lives are renewed every September 11th.

"Some men are wise. Others are otherwise."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We should certainly mourn for them too. Do we not mourn for all those that we ourselves lose? The American men and women who have been killed in the service of our country are no less human than we ourselves.

If you speak of those that our own military has killed then yes, mourn for them too. No we didn't know them, no we don't know if they were good or virtuous men or if they were murderous fiends themselves, but nevertheless, they meant the world to someone.

I don't feel sorry for those who have died who murdered innocent Americans. I mourn for them out of respect for life. I mourn for them out of the knowledge that they were someone's friend, husband, wife, daughter, son, grandparent, mentor, and so on . Those people will now have to live on with nothing more than the memory of that person, taken from them before his or her time had come.

And I pray to the only God I know and love. I have made it clear in previous posts that I am Catholic and I believe in the God of the Jews, and the Christians. i believe in the God that our beautiful country was founded upon. I pray to Him everyday, and yesterday I prayed for those that died on September 11, I prayed for those that have died serving out country in the years following that horrible day, and I prayed for those who have unjustly died at the hands of our armed forces in the aftermath, and our retaliation to, 9/11.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I spent this day flying back from Las Vegas, and the airlines were kind enough to keep reminding me of how planes can be hijacked and crashed, thanks guys.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 33yrs • M •
This is just what I meant by my original post.

"Even if it's only one day a year I'm tired of this follow the leader stand in line because people died and I don't want to be the one who doesn't look patriotic bit."

A person that takes my belief public, is ridiculed with ignorance, by people who choose to define their vocabulary by the thought of the masses; saying things like

"If they do not share the patriotic belief that fallen countrymen deserve to be mourned then their lack of respect does not allow for my empathy."

Yet don't know that the lies and double speak in which they spew from their mouths poisoning the minds of those who have yet to learn to think for themselves. Which is the most unpatriotic thing one can ever do.

"I couldnt care less if his throat was sawed open with a machete."

Well I'm glad to know how you fell about me, but unlike you I'd put my life on the line for anyone American or not. A life is a life no matter the soil it was founded on.

I would never want anyone except my family and friends to cry for me. To inflict pain on others without emotional attachment to me is immature. People need to move on its been 7 years. Its not longer about who died or about those families. Like I stated before its about furthering a political agenda.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I would never want anyone except my family and friends to cry for me. To inflict pain on others without emotional attachment to me is immature."

You've captured the point exactly.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 46yrs • M
If this is a memorial thread, I choose to remember and remind that no justice has come of this.

That one of the largest mass murders of innocent people occurred in my back yard and no one has been brought to justice for it.

That the individual commonly blamed has been unable to be charged due to lack of evidence, and that the next best alternative culprits were "investigated" under the premise that no judgements would be passed, no oaths taken, no allowance of the possibility of their guilt, regardless of any witness testimony under oath or not.

Then I would remind you what has come of this event.

Our legacy.

Invasions, occupations, threats, deaths in multiple hundreds of thousands, as well as the reversal of key points in the constitution and bill of rights, also known as the quickening death of America as it was understood and loved.

September 11 stands as a reminder of the manipulated ignorance, apathy, and or blind fealty of the American people and those of the world, and all of the horrors that have and will occur untill these things change.

So I do mourn, but I mourn the lack of justice and the rampant incessant injustice that continues in its name, in fact sheilded and embolstered by it, truly sickening.

If you truly want to honor the dead, seek truth and justice on this matter.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 32yrs • F •
"If this is a memorial thread, I choose to remember and remind that no justice has come of this."

NO JUSTICE? So invading Iraq and causing more innocent lives to be lost is not enough for you? What do you need, more Nagasaki and Hiroshima?! Death on non-American soil is not significant, it seems.

I feel for those who have innocently died. But I do not mourn because I honestly don't feel the loss. I didn't know any of them. But I regret what happened and wholeheartedly condemn Bin Laden&co.

Crying for someone you never knew and mourning the loss of something you never knew/had strikes me as overly emotional or borderline hypocritical. But of course, not everyone is a cold bitch. And not everyone lives dontknowhowmanygoddamn miles away like me.

32yrs • F •
...to add on, I don't mean that retaliating by killing their people is any form of justification. But too many measures have been carried out, too many have failed. And too many innocent have been afflicted. I believe that there should be an end to this.

33yrs • M •
Arcanum I like what you've said, but you need to understand something here. Iron's correct maybe not in his philosophy but it's true no justice has been done. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, Bin Laden has not been caught.

"That one of the largest mass murders of innocent people occurred in my back yard and no one has been brought to justice for it. "

That's a lie as well. They're many examples through out history of genocides, crusades and civil wars causing much more death then that of which we witnessed that day.

"Invasions, occupations, threats, deaths in multiple hundreds of thousands, as well as the reversal of key points in the constitution and bill of rights, also known as the quickening death of America as it was understood and loved."

Agreed

46yrs • M
quote:
NO JUSTICE? So invading Iraq and causing more innocent lives to be lost is not enough for you?

Yes, no justice, killing innocent people to "avenge" the death of innocents is in no way justice, its barbarism, it is America's leap into the role of Nazi Germany, and it disgusts me.

quote:
What do you need, more Nagasaki and Hiroshima?! Death on non-American soil is not significant, it seems.

I need the true culprits brought to justice. Death of anyone but the culprits merely adds to the horrific tragedy and furthers the guilt of the guilty and their accomplices.

quote:
That's a lie as well.

Careful with your terms sir, a lie is an intentional misrepresentation of the truth meant to manipulate facts.

Are you making such an accusation of me?

My point was in context of the existance of myself and even the country of America, but thanks for the benefit of the doubt.

quote:
They're many examples through out history of genocides, crusades and civil wars causing much more death then that of which we witnessed that day.

None of which happened in my back yard or in a time frame with active individuals existing to bring justice to, and therefore hold absolutely no point of reference to my statement, but thanks for calling me a liar, I'm fond of that.

32yrs • F •
Bent on revenge, ignoring all the extra people dead.
I wish to strangle that little sucker too, but how? Are we going to continue this global war on terrorism for one person? It'll only please him to see that he has further torn the world apart without lifting a finger.

Of course he should be punished. But who can tell me what of the innocent dead? I hate it. Innocent Americans, innocent Iraqis, they are all lives, damn it.

46yrs • M
quote:
Bent on revenge, ignoring all the extra people dead.

Hardly, you should refrain from making assumptions about people and their posistions untill you know them, or at least can guess right.

This is a war that should never have been, and though I can forgive the initial strike on Afghanistan, partially, Iraq I cannot.

We were lied to, intentionally, by people long intent on an Iraq (and Afghan) invasion, and those who acted under this premise deserve imprisonment and likely death.

quote:
I wish to strangle that little sucker too, but how?

I could give a rats ass about Bin Laden, he was but a tool, and I would not be surprised if he had absolutely no hand in this event, which he stated in a BBC interview right after the fact, directly contradicting that claimed taped confession of a highly contested version of him.

No, I want the big fish, and unfortunately, the more we look at this event without the stupifying degrees of mass bias and manipulation, we find it far more likely that the key individuals to which I refer, likely reside in my own government and others as well as key posistions of importance in general.

quote:
But who can tell me what of the innocent dead? I hate it. Innocent Americans, innocent Iraqis, they are all lives, damn it.

When taken in context of a war forced upon people through lies and deciet, this is easy, it is called a war crime, and we simply need to address it as such.

These war mongers need to be punished.

I personally have no intention of letting America continue the path of being the world's next Nazi Germany, though I am to late to prevent it, it can be stopped and righted, I hope.

September 11
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy