We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Few Questions about God... - Page 2

User Thread
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tracer165 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
naturalman
you asked, First one would have to prove the existance (existence) of the Abrahamic God.
I would ask you, can you disprove him?

Are you asking can I disprove "him", the Abrahamic God? No, I do believe the God of Abraham lives. But that is my belief. In reality no one can prove Him or disprove Him. That is something between God and the believer or disbeliever. (My opinion)
Do you feel you can disprove Him, the God of Abraham?
If you're asking can I disprove the "naturalman", then again I ask, what do you consider the "naturalman" to be?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am asking if you can disprove that Naturalman is the Abrahamic god.

Or should I quote myself...

quote:
Can you disprove that Naturalman is the Abrahamic god?

I cannot make the question much clearer, if you cannot understand it at this point, I'm not sure what I can do to help that.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tracer165 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I cannot make the question much clearer, if you cannot understand it at this point, I'm not sure what I can do to help that.
[quote]

You can first answer the question I keep asking you. What do you consider the "naturalman" to be?

46yrs • M
quote:
You can first answer the question I keep asking you. What do you consider the "naturalman" to be?

I was trying to save you face so you didn't look like an idiot. But it seems I may have failed.

I think he is a captain cynic poster like yourself, one that you have directly responded to and named by that name, as a poster.

Now, can you prove that he is not the Abrahamic god?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Now, can you prove that he is not the Abrahamic god?

I been watching this go on for too long, the answer to this question is No!

You can not disprove that Naturalman is the Abrahamic god.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 46yrs • M
For the love of god, thank you.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No problem, I really don't know what was so complicated, yes there was a grammatical error but come' on it not like you where babbling incoherently.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 70yrs • M •
samoon is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Got something to say about Abraham

No Offence but i think Abraham was a terriorist , those people were willing to believe that he talked to God in order to steal Land , just because this terriorist Abraham said God gave him that Land and now 2000 years latter they still fighting for the land What IDIOTS and us for believing this too because if you don't believe God gave this Land to Abraham you are Dam To Hell!.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

57yrs • M •
PoeticViking is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"1. One can prove with certainty that an entity does not exist if (a) the concept of that entity is incoherent, or (b) the existence of that entity is logically incompatible with obviously present states of affairs.

2. One can be rationally justified in claiming that an entity does not exist without being certain that it does not exist. This justification comes from (a) the improbability that that entity exists given various states of affairs, and/or (b) the principle of parsimony coupled with a lack of evidence for the existence of that entity." - from Mark Vuletic- in the newsletter [FreeMind].

daylightatheism.org
Go to this site if you have some eurdite things to post.

"Vulgare amici nomen, sed rara est fides."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that New_Commer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok, since this "god" is an intangible thing. Id like to think that the existance of such an entity could or could not be provin by trying to prove that another intangible exists or does not.

Example: Prove that love exists or passion. If any of these things could be provin to exist then id think we'd have our god.

My reasoning> By proving something intangible exists id think that anyone whos ANYONE would need faith and faith is really a large part of whats it all about.

""Faith in something or Faith in nothing. Either way its still faith." Roy Romano"
 32yrs • M •
Hyperbolic is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Faith is what though?

Faith in the limited minds of humans?

Such a thing can't be concieved by the human mind, therefore making it the "God" who created us.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
 33yrs • M •
Well, I can have faith in my logic, cant I? I could prove that.

""Faith in something or Faith in nothing. Either way its still faith." Roy Romano"
 32yrs • M •
Hyperbolic is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You could have faith in your logic, and most religous people do, but taken from a logical standpoint your faith would be fruitless seeing as you cannot fully prove that "God" does or doesn't exist.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
 33yrs • M •
Well god is intangable. You could prove he exists as much anything intangable. like love or passion.

32yrs • M •
Indeed you could.

But the reason that we can describe love or passion is because we have come into contact with such things throughout our lives, without having to be taught them.

It is a firm belief of mine that one cannot truly understand or grasp anything unless they have experienced it.

"God" is taught, love and passion in their true forms are not.

If "God" did indeed make us in his image, then why wouldn't we all default to the correct religion, why would the cultural aspect play a part in our choice of "God"?

My answer:
Because we are taught to believe in "God".

A Few Questions about God... - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy