Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are We Ever Free - Page 2

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no. you are never free in life
in life you are garanteed death
death is supposedly final.
and if you cant escape it then your trapped
you cant live forever you cant not die so your trapped

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 31yrs • M •
squirrelie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
we are limited by our own conception of boundaries. i don't walk in my neighbor's yard because i have a block in my mind that tells me that i can't go there without his permission. i don't spontaniously go anywhere i want because i have a mental notion that doing anything i want is wrong; i can only do what i feel is right. a person that would never commit murder, but will kill a man in war or in self defense does so because he believes that it is justifiable. we are only limited by our preconcieved notions of time, space, and boundaries. to be free we need only lift the shackles of the mind, and in doing so, free ourselves from everything. true freedom is not won or given, it is attained through thought, and practice. the law of the land is nothing compared to the law of the lord, and both can be broken by anyone, but regardless, breaking gods law, or your country's law will ultimately result in retribution. it is wise to remember that the way to freedom is not neccesarily anarchy, and that freedom is more enjoyable when you are kind and considerate.

31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sammy K is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
@ ekimup - that is a very interesting way of looking at freedom.

quote:
We're free enough to question. We're free enough to have much knowledge or little. and still have more to seek. We're free enough to want. To want more. Or less. We are free enough to limit ourselves. Free enough to impose on someone elses freedom. Free enough to share freedom. Free enough to give, and to take. We are free enough to realize we are free. And if we havent, we are free enough to find out.

36yrs • M •
SpankmasterFlex is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i've registered here some time ago and forgot about htis place until i got an account activation email. judgng by the name this place is for cynics, but reading the comments certainly leaves the impression that this is "captain pessimist". how about the lowest level of freedom excluding the social factors: you are free to exist and to be concious - to think, to experience things around you. regardless of how miserable and restricted life may get, this is a pretty rare thing to come by given the magnitude of the universe... i know the timeframe for existence and the depth of our perception and understanding are limited, but within these constraints the closest thing to freedom you have is the time you don't spend questioning it.... or does that make any sense, im a little drunk....

""for f*cking out loud!""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dancid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i've registered here some time ago and forgot about htis place until i got an account activation email

Same here, whose ever idea it was to send that email; thank you!

Makes perfect sense, and is made true by the environments we live in. We all think we could make our habitats a bit more sociologically sound, but in the end--we could've been born in Pyongyang.. far worse a fate than starving in the country.

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you."
Are We Ever Free - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy