Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

'Untitled' - Page 3

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like to see a diary of poetic thoughts, like little snapshots of someone's view on the world around them and their own part in it. I especially like your last entry because its so for now

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thank you sorceress

I have been thinking about forgiveness and my obsession with perfection, they are all just means of my protection. It is what makes us man, and why life began. It brings about an altered state, and what leads us to our eternal fate.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • M •
I may be thousands of miles from my hometown, but strangely l feel as if there is force calling me to stay. With every step in this place my home back in Michigan becomes a distant memory. There is a voice calling me; it is a motherly voice, calming, but at the same time powerful and persistent. This place is so different from what I am use to. It's a slower paced kind of life, of which the generations before me have spoken.
Today I took a stroll down by the sea. I let the salty breeze run through my inner most depths. The cold seawater rolls over my skin washing away all existence of urban life. I watched as the crabs crawled under their rocks seeking shelter from my step. Life is so fragile and will every moment I spend here I see that.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • M •
Watch the world through untainted eyes, through crooked crooks and liars lies, see the world's indistinguishable splendor, see the colors as the render, contemplate our very existence, start the resistance, think about the flowers, and forget the passing hours, set the pace, because this life is our only race.

34yrs • M •
I am in my place where my soul resides, beneath the stars where I may hide, on a cloud of love, riding the back of an angelic dove, looking back at myself through your eyes, Wondering what lays beyond the black and blue skies, at the place where my soul resides.

34yrs • M •
Sinking into the comfort of my bed, with thoughts running wild in my head, how to pay the bills, how to climb all these insurmountable hills, so many tasks ahead, so many things I dread, I understand this ordeal, but I also appreciate lives appeal, so tonight I will just drift away, carried away on a dreams sleigh.

34yrs • M •
Staring beyond what my eyes can see
trying to make one desperate plea
standing at a point where tracks meet the earth
see what I am really worth

the ground is so hard and cold
it's sad because everything has already been sold
no more land to go and hide
no where to go and open up my stride

I will go to my secret place
where life goes by at a slower pace
I will lower my eyes
and smiling at all the lies.

34yrs • M •
Someone once asked me 'what is love'
I told them that this was a question I could not answer
For love has no singular answer as that of a question on a test.
Love is different for everyone
Some seek lust, some pursue passion, some long for friendship, others may request devotion
But no matter what you are looking for the only thing you want is to be happy

34yrs • M •
Ice so black it burns the soul, lies are darker than the blackest coal, hiding in a world unraveled, the only option is to take the road less traveled

34yrs • M •
I walked a thousand miles in these shoes, They have seen a thousand different views, They have washed them selves in cold mountain streams, They have carried my endless dreams, They have felt the ocean's salty spray, They have been covered in northern Michigan clay, They floated over concrete, They have walked down every little town street, They have felt a cold winter's breeze, They have rested under the Joshua trees, They are faded and worn, tattered and torn, But will never be mourned.

34yrs • M •
I have walked in the footsteps of ghosts and I have traveled from coast to coast. I have a new fond respect and I have had time to reflect. For every mountain there is a path and there is always our human wrath.

34yrs • M •
The person who follows the crowd will get no further than the crowd but the man that walks alone is likely to find in self in place no one has ever been

34yrs • M •
This is my life
They say the war is over I say it is has just begun
We have been fighting to hide what's inside
The nights are getting cold and the faces are growing old
To my future, I own the rights
There is nothing you can do
So sing your sad songs
I let go and destroy you

34yrs • M •
So much pain trapped with in your soul only to be perpetuated by my presence. Your lips may tell one story but your eyes will never lie. Their pain penetrates my very thoughts and consumes my actions. I feel that I am both a curse and savor. My love is only bound by your beauty. Every part of my being is intertwined and interlaced with only the grace of your steps bringing me back to earth. I cry but will never show weakness in your presence. My mind tells me to be a wall to lean on as my soul tells me cry as a child weeps to a mother. My pain is great but my love is stronger and it has no bound. So may your thoughts never stray and your kiss never fade and together will be one.

34yrs • M •
I need what everybody needs; I need a reason to believe
I can give and never receive
I can wake from an ignorant bliss
Realize that it never exists
We're not alone
We have all grown
Away from what we are told
Broken away from societies mold
I am my own god
I call the odds

'Untitled' - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy