Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines! - PhoebeKnowsAll
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Abortion

User Thread
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JOEBIALEK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Abortion
On this 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, I would like to share my views on the issue of abortion.

Life begins at the point of conception. No one can deny that after a human being is conceived it will develop into the very same being as those debating this issue. What astounds me is that those who favor abortion went through an identical development stage as the being they are condemning to death. Would these very same people agree that a similiar choice should have been made about their own existence? Abortion today is used primarily as a birth control of convenience because people are too self-centered to take precautions. They prefer their own pleasurable self-indulgence over the care and sanctity of the life they created. What ever happened to taking responsibility for one's actions in this country? Is it too much to ask a woman who has conceived to place the child into adoption? Nine months of discomfort is nothing compared to life in prison for voluntary manslaughter! Does the father of the child have a say in this? And what about the constitution of the United States? Are not all people conceived in this country deserving of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? I believe abortion is a crime against humanity and should be outlawed. We need to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision and get back to cherishing life in this country. For a country that murders it's children cannot be far from self destruction.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that littlelady89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i comletely agree with you that abortion is wrong in every way, but in my perspective wouldn't u rather have someone have an abortion, then do drugs their whole pregnancy or drink. then the baby could be born with so many problems. some mother's who don't want their children end up keeping them in the end and they have to live with the fact that their mother is a dumb crack whore who doesn't know the father, because it could be anyone in the state. they live in a terrible enviroment with little to no chance in succeeding in life because how their raised and where they live. is it really that hard to use a condom or be on birth control? but what about situations where a girl is raped or when the pregnancy is harmful to the woman and dangerous? i think when someone is raped they have every right to get an abortion because they didn't want have any choice in the matter. and if the pregnancy is harmful to your health.

"free country my ass."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"We need to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision and get back to cherishing life in this country."

Actually having an abortion is proof that a woman cherishes life. If the woman didn't care about (at least) her own life then she wouldn't go out of her way to change it.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • F •
well that would mean that the woman cares about her life, but not other lives. sounds a little selfish to me.

"free country my ass."
 36yrs • M
You don't think it's selfish that JOEBIALEK wants to force his opinion onto women instead of letting them decide for themselves what they want done to their own bodies?

31yrs • M •
Combin is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
A woman should be able to make her own choice as to whether or not to get an abortion. You cannot legislate morality, and I do not believe aborting a fetus or anything short of even that is murder/manslaughter. A mass of undeveloped cells is not a human.

And in regards to our country being close to destruction because of abortion, look at European countries. Many of them have legalised abortion and are thriving, not neccessarily because of abortion, but abortion certainly isn't holding them back.

EDIT- Also, as of now, the federal government has no right to ban abortion. It is not outlined in the Constitution.

34yrs • F •
if someone decides to have sex than they should deal with the concequences. u r killing an innocent life just because it would fuck up your life, but having a child is the most miraculous thing, and killing one is the most horrible thing. whether it is a fetus or not it is still alive. it has a heartbeat when u r two weeks along. have u seen pictures of abortions? at 7 weeks, there was a picture of a dead fetus with an expression of pain on it's face. if u don't want to get pregnant then keep your legs closed.

"free country my ass."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People who are Anti-abortion, are Anti-women. - George Carlin

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • F •
i just think that everyone should have a chance to live. just imagine if u were the fetus and that was your only chance to live. that's not a very long fulfilled life. u just get the float around in a body for a couple of months(if even that) of someone who doesn't even want u and thinks your a big mistake. if u don't want the baby u can at least put it up for adoption. it's just seems like a very selfish thing to do. i don't think it should be illegal and i don't hate people who do it. it is just wrong in my eyes. i personally would never get one, just because i would rather have to take care of another child or go through the whole pregnancy process and put the kid up for adoption than live with that guilt for the rest of my life.

"free country my ass."
 36yrs • M
Do you remember being a fetus, littlelady89?

34yrs • F •
no, but do u remember being a full grown baby? would u kill a baby?

"free country my ass."
 34yrs • F •
to me this looks like a murder scene.

"free country my ass."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just wondering, how do you know tha tpictures even real?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 31yrs • M •
Combin is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't see how an aborted fetus could have an expression of pain on its face seeing as that is the first thing they crush...

EDIT- At least that's what I heard, and also considering that thing doesn't have a head...

EDIT 2- Just so you know, I don't really like the idea of abortion either, but I don't think it is your right or anyone else's to tell someone whether they can have an abortion or not.

34yrs • F •
if u read all of my posts on my subject combin u would have read that i don't think it should be illegalized and i have nothing against people who do it. i just personally don't agree with it. crushing it's head first. how merciful.

"free country my ass."
Abortion
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy