Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Abortion - Page 2

User Thread
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JOEBIALEK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
good points

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From what I know of religious track records... they've had no problem using god's name and power as their own. AMIRITE?

And to my knowledge, conception is supposed to be sacred. AMIRITE?

So would rape-conceived children be blasphemous? What is the different between taking the life of a child to that of a grown man? A life is a life.

That's just "technically" speaking of course.

"morally", I believe that a child that is brought into this world under those circumstances are suffering far greater than not allowing them to live at all. I would never wanted to explain the horrors to a child how and why that happened.

It may be due to my full lack of either sides' stories, but I see more cons and inconsistencies in pro-life than I do in pro-choice.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 78yrs • M •
jimxcore is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
now i dont have a stance on abortion
sometimes it may be for the best who knows

but it just annoys me when woman say they should have a choice to do what they want with there bodies
when they made that choice when they had sex
guess what you did just a few weeks ago? haha

abortion just seems like the escape path for people too irresponsible to deal with the consequences of their choices

but its situational so dont argue with me because i'll probably agree with you

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I maintain a middle-ground here. I won't get into my thoughts about when "human life" begins but I will say that, although I am personally opposed to abortion, I will not suggest that the government should outlaw it. My main reason for this is basically to keep religion and government separate. You see, although a person may have the belief or "opinion" that "conscious" human life begins at conception, it can never be proven empirically, and empirical evidence is the only criteria any government should use to make these determinations. If any government decides that it begins at conception without actual scientific proof, then that government has stepped outside the realm of the physical world into theoretical "metaphysical" speculations akin to religion. A big "no-no" as far as I'm concerned. The truth is we cannot inpose our metaphysical beliefs on a physical world---governments should only deal with what can be proven empirically, or experimentally, or simply by concrete experience. Abortion is one of those issues that goes beyond the physical for many people, though.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good point.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tazzlyn is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For me, abortion is entirely legit. I don't want to hear about life being precious, because in our world today, it's not, period. We're fine with killing chickens and cows for us to eat and we're also totally fine with killing Middle Eastern soldiers in the war on terror, so that isn't a legitimate excuse to be against abortion. And this whole sympathetic deal "What if you were and aborted baby?" makes no sense to me. If I were an aborted baby, I wouldn't be in existence at the moment and if you were an aborted baby, you wouldn't be either. You would have never had a point of serious enough consciousness to realize you exist and realize the world around you, just as I didn't have that perception until I was older. Now, reasons I'm FOR abortion and support it instead of just allowing and accepting it is because we have a serious population crisis. That's one reason. Another is because people who run off and have babies all willy nilly are probably not fit for parenting and will raise a next generation of degenerates.

Also, Stem Cell research rocks.

"Inspire."
Abortion - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy