Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Did Einstein unknowingly prove life beyond death?!?! This is a theory of everything - Page 2

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
black gold, genius theory. i suggest you read the book ubik by philip k. dick. he discusses this theory A LOT in this book (ex. companies that harvest your energy in the "off" state and let your loved ones visit you) its really rather funny and interesting. btw the cover just so happens to be my main picture

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
 36yrs • M •
Soul Prophet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is a lot of good discussion going on here, but I've got to wonder if there is a sort of human bias to all this. I certainly could be wrong, but (religious views aside) at a fundamental level is there really anything separating us from any of the other reasonably well evolved organisms on this planet - aside from a very advanced brain? Sure we're much more capable than most other organisms, but I think this has led us to construct a whole bunch of misguided beliefs about our superiority; namely, the concept of a soul, of life after death, etc.

No one enjoys the thought that once we pass away we simply cease conciousness, but is there any reason for us to believe otherwise? Surely we don't expect a Chimpanzee to continue living on after death, but because we can conceive of such things and a Chimp can't, we're somehow entitled to an afterlife? Essentially what it boils down to is this; instead of using our time to discuss the afterlife - in the off chance it actually exists - wouldn't our time be better spent making the most of the time we're SURE we have? Just a thought.

"If one seeks advice, give them direction, not correction."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gabriel23 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is just a theory, I would like a professor in phyics to look at this and see the weak points and the strong points. I think that this theory though, does give explaination to how we could beable to travel to "heaven or hell" Yet, I cannot help but ponder, where else we could go from this theory. In all the universe, there is a infinate amount of space. This theory could explain how people come to our world with extraordinary understanding, have they lived a thousand lives previous, or perhaps have obtained their understanding through experience through out their life time? The question is though, as we would travel from place to place, where would it end? Especially if energy cannot be destroyed. Where is our final resting place? How do we achieve it? I would think of it as a trial of our understanding, of everything. A accumulation of our choices. I look at the world and I see so much negativity. It comes in relationship with our thoughts choices and actions. Math and science looks for relationships. The answer we all seek is far easier to understand than we realize. Bias aside. This is a chance theory, but I've yet to see concrete proof to refute it.

"I never let the negativity of life, dull the beauty in my life."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm just wondering soul prophet why it is that people assume animals aren't going to have a soul or experience an afterlife just because they can't talk like us?

Who on Earth knows whether they have a soul or not? But every living thing has experiences. Ok a chimpanzee's experiences are completely different to a human's as is a tree's, but just because we cannot converse with every living thing on this planet and understand their experiences doesn't mean every living thing doesn't have some sort of life-force or soul or universal energy that is going to continue on after its physical reality has decayed.

Just because we have the ability to make our experiences known to others by way of a symbolic representation of our world through language and most other life on this planet doesn't - does not make us superior in my eyes. Human beings have a bit of a God complex I think. OK we can talk and use our apposable thumbs to make tools and reason about our surroundings and make fire that creates technological advancement. We are still living creatures just like all life and in my opion should remember that we all come from the same star dust that formed this solar system. We are related to chimps and trees!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorceress in my opion the reason most people think that they are suprior to everthing around us is because we are. There is nothing on earth at this moment that has bothered to contest us except each other

Not to say that this attitude is justified we must as a race learn to take this gift in much less stride then we do.

To be quite honest with you they have found ways to communicate with other animials and the only thing that stops them from being on the same level of intelligence as us is there inability to be able to communicate and a lack of interest in such a activity.

Humans value knowledge by nature and thats why we are seeing a lessing of intilect in the world because people have started to value more primitive thing then knowledge.

This is what some call de-evolving.

To answer your question the people who do accuatully think we are the only one's that are going to heaven are to stupid and the one's who understand that animails have the same place as us in the universe either 1 don't care or 2 understand that it is a waste of there time to try and explain it to others because it can't be proven 100% that we all root from the exact same origin

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If I may make a bold statement.
I have come to the conclusion that we are in-fact, given science to avoid death. It is said in the Bible for example humans were immortal.
Animals and insects, there goal is to produce offspring. Those that live pass on there DNA.
For humans however, we learn live, experience art, pain, pleasure, were pretty complicated for having the simple goal of producing offspring. Then again, if we don't start wising up this planet will eventually become unable to support human life. Being an act of human or nature.
Looking at science, we will have the capability to alter peoples DNA via shots to enhance our memory, strength, intelligence, longevity ect, permanently.
Looking at the Bible and religion, we were meant to fix our selves and work at becoming a pure society free of sin.

Well?

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gabriel23 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If people were immortal, they'd still be present. We all parish, my thing is, I do believe in immortality, the thing is, this life is not the place with that capability, since no one has obtained it to our knowledge. Our energy is that which is immortal. This I think.

"I never let the negativity of life, dull the beauty in my life."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Trick for humanity to be immortals would be energy containment. The longer we wait, the harder it will be to sustain larger populations. We would have to somehow contain all energy within a system, once in that system master transferring that energy from one form to another. At that point we would be able to sustain ourselves within limits.

Being human however a war would probably break out for something barbaric and idiotic like a new religion, belief, fear or greed and that balance would be broken. Then after the war our ability to sustain said population would drop. This would probably occur until we simply couldn't contain enough energy to support life.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 49yrs • F •
Kathryn Wright is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ignatius - the body isn't designed to be immortal, So the energy stored within it, which allows the body to grow and interact with other bodies throughout nature, can only stay within that body for as long as that body is capable of maintaining it.

Have you ever seen someone you knew after they died? The body looks completely different then when that person was alive, as if it had never held life, because the body is nothing more than vessel that houses energy for a period of time. The energy does not die before the body does, but it is forced to transform in order to continue existing. Energy does not die, but changes form. Once your body is incapable of containing your lifeforce energy, your energy will transform and allow your body to return to its basic elements (predominantly water, which will evaporate, carbon and other elements within your body will break down to nourish the cycle of life for another body [or animal or plant], yada yada yada).

While the energy that makes up your lifeforce may not be anything more than the energy it will take for the body to break down to its basic elements (because it is unknown and at present unproveable whether there is an 'afterlife' as so many religions throughout the world state), the fact is that there is still action occuring after the body has died. So to state that energy must die prior to the body dying is an inaccurate statement at best.

Sorceress, the issue of whether or not animals have souls is a simple one to answer. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that animals have their own separate personalities. If personalities are any indication of humans having souls then it stands to reason animals do, as well. Example: I have a cat that likes to play fetch like a dog; I never trained him, he just started playing fetch one day. I have a dog that acts like a daddy to the puppies that are clearly not his puppies, and when I say "daddy" I mean that he acts like a HUMAN daddy acts with his toddlers. Each one of my animals have very distinct and separate personalities. Oh, yeah. My cat also understands both English and Spanish, by the way. That right there shows that animals are capable of understanding considerably ...more than most people give them credit.

Allimar, you mentioned the Bible and humans having immortality. I would like to clarify that for you: Genesis 3:22 - "Then the Lord God said, 'Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both god and evil. what if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!' So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made." This was after Adam & Eve had eaten from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Prior to them eating the fruit of that tree they had been able to eat from any other tree in the Garden of Eden, including the Tree of Life. Mankind had to trade our immortality for knowledge.

It's interesting that this passage has God saying, "...the human beings have become like us..." The mythology of Zues talks about how Zues was afraid we would become like the gods, so he had to erase something from us to prevent that from happening (though I don't think mythology is able to state what that something is). What's also interesting is that looking at representations of DNA (the double helix), there are what appears to be missing links in the bars connecting the two helixes (I guess that what they're called. I'm not a scientist so I don't know the actual terminology). What if the old myths aren't complete nonsense, and are based on actual events? What if there was someone that removed a portion of our DNA coding to keep us from being immortal so that we would not be able to be like them? Mythology around Zues talks about how he and the other gods of Olympus rose up against the Titan gods and overthrew them, because the Olympians were god-like. Perhaps Zues didn't want us to be able to do the same to him and his kind.

By denying us immortality we are ultimately only able to know as much as can be learned and understood in our very short life-times, unless we were to get smart enough to start working together, rather than fighting over irrelevant issues. We could then possibly reach a point where we could take all that was learned from previous lives - ALL previous lives, rather than just the few that manage to get accepted by mainstream science - and progress even further at an astounding rate (much like the rate in which technology has been able to advance in the last century).

This is all just a theory I've been toying with. As I stated already, I'm not a scientist. I'm currently a language major, though I intend to further my education and get either a mathematical degree or science degree. I might be able to expand on my theories at that point, perhaps even give proof of something to back my theories, but that won't be for a couple of years from now, at least. As for the religious aspect of all this, I'm an ordained minister (though not a Christian minister). So I do have a large knowledge base on various religious ideas regarding life after death and the creation of life. I've always been interested in seeing just how much of religious beliefs could be backed by scientific proof and am finding many interesting connections between various religions throughout the world with archeological evidence of historical events. I'm beginning to consider getting a degree that deals with mythology, as well, to help me further in this endeavor.

I'm a disabled veteran, unable to work, so I have a lot of time on my hands. lol

[  Edited by Kathryn Wright at   ]
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel you are correct in your assumption that the universe and humans have a similar life cycle. As we have a beginning so does the universe but when our universe dies it recreates itself. the implosion of the universe is the creation of the universe... a paradox.

and eventually the probabilities which first created you will arise again meaning our life's like the universe.... infinite.

infinity is equally measured to 1 and infinity.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
Did Einstein unknowingly prove life beyond death?!?! This is a theory of everything - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy