Psychos will stand at your door and ask to sniff your hair, but your boyfriend will just come right in and do it. - UnderDawg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Emo - Page 3

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
Kaøs is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
SMH??Can you stop your nerd lingo and talk in english thanks,and i thought u werent going to bother with me anymore?

32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I didn't.

Did you see me reply to your stupid ass post by explaining myself again? No.

So stop trying to be smart by calling me a nerd. "please speak english"

Says the one that uses 'idk' and 'u' So back the fuck off, because you will always be hypocrital in your words.

Smh = Shakes my head

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 35yrs • F •
Saber is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It's official, the two of you have just graduated to scraping the bottom of the barrel...

"We are all brothers under the skin - and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it"
 32yrs • F
YAY

35yrs • M •
Kaøs is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You replied so thats bothering with me.SMH is nerd lingo.i have never heard that before.or know why you would want to waste everyones time making them read what your body action is to the replies.keep your posts to the topic or dont say anything.And if you dont understand what " U " means,I have the deepest concerns for you in life...

32yrs • F
you told me to speak english and you used idk.. and also.. you're the one that went off topic so well done

Once again... hypocrit.

just give up.

32yrs • M
Tsukasa4444 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Not all emos are like that, loobyloo... You're too general. Just because someone is a certain stereotype, doesn't mean they'll abide by all of the stereotype's "laws". Not all of them are woe-is-me and such; I know a lot who aren't. Though I have to agree that the ones who are are extremely annoying(well, the ones who blow their problems out of proportion. Like "omg, mom, you didn't buy me the milion dollar cell phone, instead you bought me the thousand dollar one! I hate my life, nothing ever goes right!" That is rediculous). But for some, they're just sensitive and more easily hurt. They can't help it; just like you can't help you're a girl.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i get what loobyloo is saying because well i dont know about emos in america but thats how emos are shown to be in england. But loobs, mate, you have to stop stereotyping. there has to be more to emos than being little depressed shits who have ugly fringes, i mean many people are like that but arent defined as emo. i guess it all comes down to us wanting to belong so we put ourself into a catogory of people. Anybody agree?

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 32yrs • F
I just wanna say. All my friends became emos, with an exception of a hippy and a goth lmfao. So i'm not stereotyping because they all we're wrist slitting depressing retards.

Toodles.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dont really like emos, as I don't think feeling angst should be a fashion statement. Nor should cultivating your negative feelings be encouraged just to be one of the crowd.

But there seems to be a whole Emo/Goth vs Chav war going on in England from what I hear, and I have to say, Id pick emos/goths over chavs anyday.

Chavs and their counterparts in other countries, (white trash, wiggers, gangbangers etc.) are the decline of western society and possibly the death knell of a civilised future.

Just imagine in 10 years when these animals are running the world...

quote:
A 15-year-old British boy has been convicted of kicking and stamping to death a woman in a park because she and her art student boyfriend were wearing Goth-style black clothes.

Brendan Harris attacked Sophie Lancaster, 20, as she begged him and four other youths to stop beating her boyfriend.

A court in Preston, northern England, heard the assault was totally unprovoked and the two victims were singled out simply because they looked different to their attackers.

The victim died from serious head injuries two weeks after the attack in a park in Bacup, Lancashire, last August.

Her boyfriend, Robert Maltby, 21, was left in a coma but has almost recovered full health.

Another teenager, Ryan Herbert, 16, pleaded guilty to the murder.

Harris had denied murder, admitting only that he had beaten up Maltby after consuming large amounts of cider, beer and peach liqueur.

Police chief Mick Gradwell said it was one of the most violent murders he had ever worked on. "It was a totally unnecessary and appalling set of circumstances.

"I do not think Herbert and Harris have recognised how violent the attack was," he said.

"They have just done it without thinking but they have seemed to have enjoyed it and carried on remorselessly kicking at two very defenceless people who were unable to protect themselves because of the level of violence inflicted upon them."

Gradwell was severely critical of Harris's parents, saying their attitude throughout the trial had been "appalling."

The victim's boyfriend said Lancaster was "my entire world."

"Everything I was doing outside being around Sophie was really just to make it so we could have a decent life together, and just when we have tried that hard, we have put in so much effort, and then some child comes along and decides to ruin it all for you, it is just not fair."

Harris will be sentenced next month.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just noticed an interesting pattern here everyone is mostly trying to classify subcultures via music and aesthetics while these do play a role I must say that if that's the only motivation to fall into a specific subculture it will be a phase, im goth im 25, yes sure I enjoy the look,I find it appealing to the degree were I only feel 'sexy' when I have my makeup and nails done. and yes I like the music, but the music and literature form part of something deeper of how you view the world.

for me its something you always have been and one day you realise others also view the same and so you can fit yourself into a group of like people.

Being goth or emo or punk even chav god help us, is finding a place were your views and perceptions fit in and are accepted.

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A thought just struck me, okay goth stemmed from punk, basically the goth were less violent more artistic and articulate individuals lets say more in touch with emotion, now the emo's are even more emotional but have lost some of the individual flair they follow more of a trend than the previous groups did and do. Looking at society today I can see were this stems from people are either becoming more superficial or more self absorbed with there own worlds and emotions wanting to be noticed wanting attention.

I don't really see many older emo's personally, so I see it as more of a child like phase previously it would have been goth or punk but as time has passed a new subculture was formed that's more applicable to the youth. most teenagers that are emo will eventually either stop it all together or become goth or glam.

opinions ?

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I really do think that it IS just a phase. I've noticed that all the goths/emos that I've seen are usually the ones who before that phase were - unattractive, unpopular, etc.. because of their style of clothes, hair, or make up, and others..

When they take on this role of black and white, their identity seems to be simplified so that all members of this subculture can relate to. Just like any other clique, a ladder of popularity begins to form within the group. There is that one popular Goth/Emo I guess you could say, and all the ones below now have something to aspire to (having that attention they've been seeking)

I'm not quite sure how the thought of black and white came about, but I may have a few ideas... just my thoughts

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
Emo - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy