My tongue is the only muscle in my body that works hard then my ..heart - DaiTheFlu
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

How far will you go for love? - Page 2

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well if you show if that he "has you" when you're around him that's only going to give him power. the lesson here is to test your will power and see him just as another person in your class. begin the process of acknowledging him only as another human being that you would no longer like any relation with. perhaps adding in short talk, or responses to him if he tries to talk to you that insinuates that your not interested anymore.

look around your class for another guy you would never think of dating, would not really talk to and that is essentially your "goal" for getting him off your mind. If you can assemble yourself while around this guy and not have second thoughts about him, then you've solved this problem.

- Prove to him that he does not have power over you..

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It gets easier, trust me.

I had a pretty bad break up a couple years ago, with me and my girlfriend of 2 and half years.

And for a couple months, I was in the gutter. Down and depressed about everything. I coulnd't stop thinking about her, I couldn't go out and have fun because every girl I saw made me think of her, but really all I needed was time. I know it might seem like you will NEVER get over him right now, but you will, trust me. ^_^

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mudd is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sorry to keep bringing this up guys.. , but I really need help. So today was the first day back to school. I didn't see you know who at all. Then at lunch when I was with a group of friends I seen him talking to a girl, then he kept walking around. So I tried to ignore him and look away. Then I told my friend Jeremy that I was going to go to the library, and my ex follows me there. He goes to the same book section that Im in and acts like he's looking for a book, and the entire time he's not saying anything, then he walks away. The thing is he only went to the library because he heard me say that I was going there. And he has a new girlfriend, so why do you think he's doing this? And what should I do back?

""LIe to me",she whispered. "I love you",he said."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Almost exactly what decius predicted(calling), only he physically followed you. The way it appears to me right now, is that he's still thinking of your well being or perhaps seeing if you have moved on just as readily as he has. Now, not knowing the entire specifics of yours or his (in particular) mental nature, it's a bit difficult to tell whether he has followed you for a positive or a negative reason.

Although he has seemed to "moved on" and found another girlfriend, the experiences that you two have shared and the literally chemical bond you've created in yourselves are still present. So, there is that possibility that he is still thinking of you in a positive way.

Then again, like I said, if he truly has "moved on" and is acting upon jealousy that you seemed happy to him that you are conducting yourself normally given the information you now know about him, he may be upset that you are unaffected and some plan to hurt you could have blown up in his face.

It really could go either way.. but like we said previous, analyze this situation further and find for yourself what this has turned in to. Whether it be positive or negative. And from there, you may be able to decide for yourself what you think you should or should not do.

33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mudd is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okay, so today... I didn't see him alot which was perfectly fine with me. Then he got on our bus, he called his girlfriend and was talking to her so that i could hear what he was saying, then he left... I feel so crappy.. I feel like I just want to die I am honestly seeing no point in living right now. Everything is starting to suck, I tried to look for a new guy but I don't like anyone but my ex at this point... my friends are there but they're not... I don't know what the hell I should do... please help.

""LIe to me",she whispered. "I love you",he said."
 34yrs • M •
Well, mudd, you have to keep in mind and accept that this is not going to be an over night process. This isn't going to be something that's simple and easy to do either. You have to go through an emotional transformation that allows yourself to break those bonds you have with this guy.

What you have is an "addiction". And like any addiction, you can try two things here. You can either cold turkey it and see how strong you will power is until you actually get over it, or you can ween yourself off of this emotional addiction slowly but definitely. (from what I think, an addiction is simply when you are not in control over your own emotions over said addiction)

76yrs • M •
oldcorps1947 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
mudd, it has been some time since your orginal post. I pray things are going better for you. If not consider focusing on your friends and doing other things that you enjoy. Also, if you are still having problems you may need to talk to someone about them. Consider talking to a priest, rabbi, or pastor about your thoughts and feelings.
I wish you the best.

"Life is an adventure of discovery."
How far will you go for love? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy