We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

songs of praise and worship and those that inspire

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would like to share my favourite songs of praise and worship and songs that inspire me from both Christian and popular music, anyone wanting to share theirs (whatever faith or not) I\\\'d love to see and hear them. Comments welcome
This video appears to have been removed

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
My heart sings! And I'm dancing in the river!

51yrs • F •
I could just die in his eyes. I'll be your angel Robbie!

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you get Robbie can I have the girl ? or at least the helicopter?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 51yrs • F •
There were many different versions of this song on you tube, I know this isn't Labi Siffre, but I just think it is very inspiring.

51yrs • F •
The Christians - Harvest for the world.

51yrs • F •
From a distance.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 51yrs • F •

51yrs • F •
You are the sunshine of my life Guys!

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This song is probably the most inspirational one I have ever personally encountered. I felt like part of me died when I heard this song for the first time. I don't mean that in a negative sense, it was just that emotional for me and I have no other way to describe the feeling. When I hear it now I feel like there is a tornado in my soul that is shooting tomahawk missiles everywhere randomly. When it ends, I'm totally calm.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is a God (Yesh Elokim)

Excerpt: About 12yr old kid's battle against cancer. He loved to sing but one day he woke up and his beautiful voice was gone. A few days later he ... all » was diagnosed with cancer. He worried if he would ever be able to sing again. Between chemo-sessions he spent time at ZM's Day Center composing, arranging and trying to keep his voice fit under professional musical guidance. This resulted in a song about his illness, his hopes and fears. Three days before his Bar Mitzvah he left the hospital after a week of intensive chemo therapy, and headed straight for the studio to record his song.

At the day of his Bar Mitzvah he went to the Kotel to pray and give thanks. Later that night a few hundred guests joined him at ZM's Day Center for a Bar Mitzvah celebration that none of the guests will ever forget. This video was played at the highlight of the night.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 51yrs • F •
God bless him, what a beautiful song and an angelic young voice.

Oh and Wyote, you made my day! Fantastic peice of music, and great clips, I do love Keanu

51yrs • F •
I loved this song when it first came out and it really inspired me, heard it this morning on the radio and thought I would include it here.

1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy