Because who you are being isn't who you are, it is the person you are being that is keeping you from being yourself. - Ironwood
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The meaning of life - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
kunzle84 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
JESUS IS LIFE

": Your life is not your master, it is your child"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel that the meaning of life is to get through it. I'm a religious person and I believe that the biggest purpose in life is to get through this life and secure our spot in the next. There is no possible way for anyone to tell you what the meaning to YOUR life is. Everyone has a separate meaning, everyone has a separate purpose and you have to realize what that is for yourself. Typically speaking there is no general meaning to life that can be definite for everybody. If that was so everyone would do the same job, we would all have the same levels of intelligence. We are different, we are unique and therefore so is our meaning. The meaning of life is just as individual as you and me.

Hope this clears things up a bit,

fireangel

[  Edited by fireangel at   ]
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well as i always said...

One must not seek the gold
One must realize it's just not gold

Then one must seek oneself

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philip you've been watching too much of the Matrix!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 33yrs • M •
Matrix had been misinturperted. There is a deeper meaning to that movie.

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 51yrs • F •

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zach is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Matrix had been misinturperted. There is a deeper meaning to that movie.

What would that be?

33yrs • M •
Matrix is equivelant to today's system of society. The matrix is equivelant to system of societies throughout time. The matrix is the mind. The matrix is us. We control our lives so hardly, we feel the need to control so badly and try to play over god so hardly we create a system that controls us and makes us fear. For example... What does man do when he fears something? Destroys or tries to change to his standard... Hence todays society. Todays and yesterdays and tommories society will be full of judgement and people casting away brillant minds and mass genocide for people like me, you, and everyone who thinks different are DIS-EASE's. Think about it... Hippies were a disease, freedom movementers were diseases, hell even Enstein was a disease, they say him as a nut of a man. The system controls us... The roads we walk... The schools we send our kids to... The foods we eat.... The TV we watch.... All influences and influences of one perspective that tells you subliminally " If you're not like this, then you're a disease" Of course kids are being brain washed like this, hence MTV. Everything and everything in time with humans will be influence and manpulation. The system makes us fear. Hence most people's fear of losing all electricity. Our system is so flawed in so many ways, so... fragile that a new system could be arose from this mess of man, but man does not know how to listen. Thus if all eletricity went out, if all airplanes went down, if an EMP bomb went off, if we run out of gasoline, if all satelites went down we would be all doomed. Americans left and right would be screaming wheres my cell phone reception?! Thus people with new perspectives (hippies) will be always cast aside and seen as diseases. Man just needs to learn how to open his or her ears and eyes.

We are basically living the matrix.
People rely on the system...
People will die for this system....

Sound fimilar?

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 51yrs • F •
That is such a cliche! It's been done to death. Yes Philip I can see the hidden meaning of the films I'm not stupid, but it is not a new idea , it's the oldest one in the book.
Christians love this movie, I wonder why?! Dah!
The thing is whatever the system is, it just is, but it is still in 'the world' and we have to live in that world. How you live in it and what you do to make it a better place is up to you. As my poem says, "Each child holds the world in an open hand,
to mould it into any shape they choose,
They have a lifetime to understand
that they just can't lose.

They must let their imaginations' fly
and be creatively inspired,
if only every child could try
to create the world they each desired.

Imagine the possibilities,
how such a world could be,
a choice of infinite realities,
it could be truly heavenly.

It isn't just a day-dream,
we can make our dreams come true,
it isn't as hard as it may seem,
heaven is in all of you.

You already hold heaven in your hand
and also in your heart,
if every child could make a stand
that would be a start."

33yrs • M •
That's an intresting poem. The point is there are two ways scales of "the oldest one in the book"

One: One can manuplate this ideal into actions which will bring a people together as a whole but eventually he becomes power hungry and there is no difference.

Two: One shows instead of trying to change.

Yin and Yang

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Skarpio is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The meaning of life...... hmmm.... oh i know
The meaning of life is death
Life doesn't realy have a point..........ur don't survive it anyway
but that's just my opinion

"Live to Fight Another Day"
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that DerHawk is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i believe the meaning of life is to find your purpose on this planet. if you dont have a purpose then what is the point of even being born? most people find the earth a large rock that you can just walk on, well i find it something that is one step further into life. you must have a reason to be on this planet so I think you should go find out what that purpose is before your time has come.

"a dream is but but another false reality"
 51yrs • F •
Derhawk are you really only 11 years old?
Well you keep thinking like that and you will do well. Life is about figuring out who you are, what you want to do with your life and about how you learn to live with all the other people in your life so that you can lead a hopefully long and busy and happy one with all the goodness that life has to offer at your fingertips.

28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that DerHawk is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thanks for the complement, and yes, im only 11 years old.

"a dream is but but another false reality"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My meaning of life is quick: To fully appreciate the dualities this world has to offer in nature and in humanity, and to find a suitable balance between them to succeed in this political world with both parties being the beneficiary.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
The meaning of life - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy