Life is like a tree, you never know if you are going to get any rain. - bob rulz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does time really heal? - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
SpankmasterFlex is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
time is away to get away from the problem not deal with it. if you ask me, time doesn't heal, time kills. if you think you can resolve something or get over something tomorrow, you might as well try today, chances are youll make it. sure its harder, sure it takes guts, but you won't have it hanging over you, wearing you out, and the problem wont splash out on other aspects of your life.

if you wait long enough, you might forget the awful sensation with time. but if youre ever confronted with something similar in the future youll recieve a double blow. the only way to "heal" is to face the problem the fear, the guilt, the doubt, the regret, whatever it is.

""for f*cking out loud!""
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
time heals all wounds. this is true, in a sense. Time itself does not heal the wound, but rather the one who is wounded [as previously stated]. Only he or she has the power to tell one's self that it is no longer and issue and has obtained some kind of closure and move on from the incident. Time, taken by the affected for closure, is what heals the wound.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time Does heal. It allows opportunity for a process. Healing is a process.

Whether it takes ten years...or .10 seconds. Time does heal.

Which doesnt mean death isnt imminent.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 61yrs • F •
smallandstrong is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe that time only makes the hurt fade into your subconscience. The hurt never heals. You have to forgive and let it go. Until I could forgive I couldn't heal. Time, in my opinion has nothing to do with it. It is all about the mind and the ability to let go.I still hurt and always will. It is how I deal with it that matters. I almost destroyed my life over a certain person and until I could face the fact that he didn't really care anymore then I was just caught in one crappy day after another. True I had support of family but until I told someone outside the family and rea;ized that it wasn't me but him then and only then was I able to start the process of healing. My faith became stronger and I am a much better person because of it. Lose the issue but remember the lesson. I am a stronger more patient more spiritual person because of this life changing event. I never want to go through anything like that again. I am much more cautious with who I will trust and being close to a friend is very hard at this point. The hurt has changed me forever and I won't be in that position again. God has guided me through this whole horrible situation and my faith is stronger than ever.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How does the saying go, "time heals all wounds". In my experience you still remember the bad momments in your life but over time the bad momments just feel like momments.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
eventually those moments dont matter cuz we realize who we really are then nothing matters at all cuz what we are has nothing to do with the life we lived... we are awaking now to who we really are.. listen to eckhart tolle... the power of now... nothing else matters but feeling the moment.. not just saying be happy in the moment but something that is so fucking profound you'll have to experience it yourself then nothing else will ever effect you.. ever

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
Does time really heal? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy