Make everything you do perfect and perfection will always attract you - JulieLindberg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Drugs- yes or no?

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Drugs- yes or no?
Hmmm, I take drugs every now and then, weed only.
I mean at my age, u should have fun, partying etc, as long as its not over done? I probably smoke up/drink once 2-3 weeks or so, so ciggeretes probably harm me more than weed and alcohol. suggestions= continue to have a fun time by havin drugs n alcohol occasionally or stop it altoagther?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are justifying your drug use by believing that your age group should be experimental. This is a generalization set by society.Though the age group does tend to behave this way, they also often feel less or no guilt for doing something that is potentially harmful to themselves.

You don't need these things to have fun. But using them is a unique experience.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As long as you know and accept the consequences, go ahead. But if you run over and kill a person because you were high/drunk, don't expect people to like you.

There are other ways to have fun. Why limit yourself?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
[  Edited by Attolia at   ]
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that certain drugs are fine as long as people use them responsibly. I would much rather smoke weed than drink alcohol. I cant do that stuff now, because of my job. But in the past I've tried pot, mushrooms and lsd. Things like weed are great for having a fun time, and lsd is definitely a fascinating experience. If you enjoy taking drugs and you do so as safely as possible, I say have fun.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I use to party and experiment all the time. It's more in my past now but I must admit I don't regret what I did. Some of my best well fuzzy memories are all about partying. I say do it but realize that it is only as important as you make it.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M •
ya, I mean I take great care not become addicted and become a druggie on the streets
wish my parents would see the other side though...

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I really can't condemn drugs altogether. I mean, I've used them myself and have had some interesting experiences with certain drugs, but I've always thought drugs were not a good thing if taken all the time, especially around friends, because it completely destroys any natural communication and expression to the point that people never really get to know one another. And, like alcohol, I really don't think young people should be taking drugs of any kind, even in moderation, because it can really screw up a developing body chemistry and alter one's "functional" perception of reality. There are lots of other ways to have fun. Drugs are just some people's way of numbing themselves from the external world, or creating an alternate reality shrouded by the effects of the drug taken. And then there are those who cannot function unless this numbing or alternate perception is present. It happens alot in young people whose lives are often painful and frightening emotional rollercoasters, and in older people whose external and internal lives really suck.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 36yrs • M •
I think I read that exact paragraph in drug awareness pamphlets hahaha

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cool!...I always imagined myself a good enough writer to be published, even if it is for something as bland as a public awareness pamphlet...Lol!...But, of course, I'm not anti-drug enough to be a spokesperson for "Just Say No," or something like that...I actually think drugs are fine in moderation...In fact, I think adults should be allowed to use them at their own discretion. After all, most drugs are less harmful than alcohol, which I believe has caused more damage and death than all other drugs put together...Worse than cigarettes, I think...Drugs can be enlightening and sometimes even therapuetic. I just think it's something that young people, who are still developing both physically and emotionally, should avoid, even in moderation...

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 35yrs • M •
hmm, but you can't go around carelssy having weed when you are 50 with kids? btw wt r the harmfull effect of acid, cuz I m thinkin of trying once, I ve heard that the trip can happen anytime in your life after that

36yrs • M •
I've done mushrooms a few times before which is said to be similar to acid. Fun but be careful (obviously). It's like you see the same things you normaly see only it's different and you think about it differently. Living in a whole different perception. It's really hard to eat so you should probably eat before. Another important thing is get rid of your car keys because if you have keys you will drive and no matter what you say you'll think it's such a good idea at the time. No alchool. That's when things will get really fucked. But, don't be surprised to find yourself naked in the woods four hours later

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Andrew21 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'de say no, for one reason the three smartest people in Secondary 5 (grade 11) 2 of the three smoked or is still smoking pot, are not finished college (its like pre-university), one droped out and is kindda slutty I hear, the other is doing bad at school, the one that succeeded finished college in 2 years which happens 15% of the time, is going to McGill University... just goes to show how it can f*ck up your life. and oh yeah, nice joke Jacker_Jones, it was hilarious, naked in the woods, lol

"Talk is cheap...acting... is....better... something like that."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow sooo many dif. opionions on drug use... I dunno. i think it depends on the person using them. I use to smoke a lot of pot, but then i quit, not because i had to but becuase it just got old.. ya know? I became lazy (in terms of physical activity not mental... got fat.. hahaha) and did not really want to do ne thing. Now i cant sit still... Plus drugs make it hard to get an internship..... yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah... hehe

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Angel - If you do decide to take a hallucinogen, an important thing to remember is to keep your frame of mind positive. Bad trips and flashbacks are highly random, but having a positive attitude and a more relaxed mind before/during/after taking a hallucinogen helps a great deal. Flashbacks occur more commonly in chronic users, but they can still happen to pretty much anyone.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Andrew, maybe they dropped out of college, but what if their happy with their life? I'd say use drugs if you want to, and don't if you don't want to. And BTW, Alcohol are harddrugs too, so if anyone here says I hate drugs but drinks beer youre a hypocrite.

Drugs- yes or no?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy