Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

pray for me - Page 2

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
The_Wanderer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The very fact that you ask other people to talk to your imginary friend for you is a sign that you are weak.

""The purpose of life is to end""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im stronger than you'll ever be 14 year old... and there is evidence that god is real hes my creator.. yours too try to show him some respect .. jaker you are a fool

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Das Kapital is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I would also like to confess that I have sinned broke commandments and not gone to church in a long time.

Keep up the good work.

quote:
Will you please pray to god for god to forgive me and have mercy on my soul, I am sorry for going against him and offending him. I love him.

I dont accept what I consider to be superstition.

quote:
im stronger than you'll ever be 14 year old... and there is evidence that god is real hes my creator.. yours too try to show him some respect .. jaker you are a fool

Superstition is not evidence besides I would not be calling someone else a fool when you yourself choose to speak in absolutes.

"To wish for death is a coward's part." [Timidi est optare necem.] Ovid"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the gospels are actual historical documents.. aka evidence

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Das Kapital is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
the gospels are actual historical documents.. aka evidence

The gospels are rubbish they have no basis in factual evidence by your logic I could claim mermaids exist or that the lost city of atlantis exists underwater. Just because someone 2000 years ago decides to make up a story and write that story down doesnt mean its evidence or even true for that matter.

"To wish for death is a coward's part." [Timidi est optare necem.] Ovid"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They have this exercise they do at university. They make you read two historical documents on one event. When you finish reading you realize they're completely different.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm taking a class on the Bible. It does have historical references, though the accuracy of some events are debated.

Shouldn't you be nicer after being born again, analytical? I'm not trying to sound sarcastic. I just picture these Buddha-like calm people when I think of born-again Christians. But hey, they's just a manufactured image. If you want to dispute Christianity, God, or anything else, there are far too many threads to do that here.

I was surprised by the response of members to a prayer request. A much better response that I expected came. I will pray in my own way for you, Analytical.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Why be weak when you can be strong. We are all not positively sure about the future. We are all lost.
You are right. We are all lost! But "Jesus came to seek and save the lost" Luke 19:10. We are made for relationship with our creator and we are lost without Him. Jesus said "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Luke 11:9-10.

Most dont find Jesus because they dont search.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The gospels are rubbish they have no basis in factual evidence.
and this is a factual statement? I assume you can supply some evidence to support this statement?

Das Kapital what is wrong with absolutes?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's always amazed me how many people are just out looking for a fight. If an atheist sees a post written by a Christian for Christians why does he feel the need to go in and attempt to obliterate those beliefs? It is another life path people are on seeking the ever elusive meaning of life. It cannot be proven nor can it be disproven so what benefit does it offer anyone to sit around and argue about it? No good has ever come of an argument.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good question. I can remember when I was just about ten years old maybe a little younger I just decided I was going to push this kid off of the playground because he was singing. After I felt bad about it and because I thought I was going to get in trouble and miss the rest of my recess in the principals office and perhaps even some in the future. So I immediately tried to convince others that the blame was equal and the boy singing shouldn't have been so annoying for if he wasn't then I obviously wouldn't have done it. People that need others to be convinced of their ideals are simply insecure and lack confidence in their decisions. Either that or they're completely confident in their decisions and want to help others.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 32yrs • M •
The_Wanderer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"im stronger than you'll ever be 14 year old..."

I'm not the one who's begging people to pray for me you scumfuck

If someone would like bible errors:
http://www.freethoughtdebater.com/tenbiblecontradictions.htm
http://www.aznewage.com/errors.htm
http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2005/11/7-e-z-steps-to-get-handy-coll
ection-of.php

""The purpose of life is to end""
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First off,

"Jesus is your pusher. I'm gonna make a t-shirt dedicated to you now."

That's the funniest shit I've heard you say to date, Decius. I commend you for that one.

Also, Wanderer, good use of the word 'scumfuck', haven't heard that one since 'nam.

I Just love how everyone's hate comes out in a thread with a calling for prayer. You people are wolves, the prey being the innocence of ignorance. I'm not saying if no one had replied before me and I saw analytic's call for prayer that I wouldn't have ripped him a new asshole, I would have, but am I not the one who's posts are deleted for that very reason? You people are hypocrites. You preach open mindedness in some things and slam the door of possibilities shut in others. Perhaps you are not completely wrong in my eyes but what about your own? I know the next time I see a sheep, I'll sink my teeth in deep. But just remember that that's me and not you.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Analytical 29 I am going to pray for you because you have reached out for support and fellowship in Jesus Christ. However I would urge you not to get sucked into arguements with those who do not believe as you do.

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the prophets. (Mathew 7:12)

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!" (psalm 133:1)

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."(Hebrews 11:1-3)

Have faith and trust in God but do not preach to others because they don't think like you do, they haven't seen God with your eyes. Also be careful, as a newborn Christian it is easy to get overwhelmed with scriptures and Christian doctrine, everyone wants you to attend prayer meetings and seminars. Right now you are a little drunk, take a step back, after all you have to live "in the world". Try reading non Christian material and see the world through others' eyes. If your girlfriend isn't a Christian don't start dragging her to every Christian meeting you can think of, sit down and talk to her about her views about the universe and God, you may find you still have a lot in common and by walking the walk rather than talking the talk you will lead more of a Christian life than those that blindly follow the preacher because he seems so dynamic and "all knowing". Don't be convinced that attending church every Sunday and being bombarded with scripture makes you a Christian, it doesn't. Jesus walked with the people, so should you.

I pray that you will seek God with your heart and if you listen to your heart and pay attention to those quiet moments, he will answer your prayers, if your prayers are sincere and realistic.

God bless,
Love and Light in Jesus Christ
Sorceress.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
pray for me - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy