To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. - kevosworld
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Language/Subject Manner - Page 3

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Alright, Itisasiseeit, who's to say that it's wrong to be a racist? Racism is a belief, just like a democrat or a republican. And it's not a belief that really jumps out at people like a political party's. You'd be hard pressed to find a racist who will hate on a race more than a republican will hate on abortion, or a strong religious person will hate on an athiest. And it's something that goes both ways. There are black people who hate white people, white people who hate black people, etc.

Now, there's the public viewpoint, in which I agree, it's not right for a white person to walk around in public going, "I hate niggers!" But you can't tell a racist that his or her beliefs are wrong because they'll have reasons for their beliefs, just like anyone else.

From time to time I'll post a new question for the thread relating tot he title, and here's another one:
If someone kills another human being because their belief tells them that it's for the best of human kind, should it still be charged the same way? Could an overly religious person who kills a man because he thinks God is telling him to be considered insane? Because, after all, in prayers, aren't signs asked for? And how many people in America pray?

What if a black man kills a white racist because the white guy was beating black children or killing them and getting away with it?

To what extent should an individual's belief have an affect on the legal system?

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Forget trying to please everyone, but at least do not abuse the words that you KNOW are fucking offensive you ignorant assholes. If you are trying to offend, then go ahead (hence the "ignorant assholes" but know that is what you are doing purposefully.

The N word being used by black men and women has always been controversial, but one way that it was explained to me is that by using the word, "NiggA" in this case, it numbs the effects and power that it holds. So then by a white person saying it purposely being offensive, it does not hold the same forbidden, hush, secretive connotations.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nigger

nigĀ·ger
n. Offensive Slang

a. Used as a disparaging term for a Black person: 'You can only be destroyed by believing that you really are what the white world calls a nigger' (James Baldwin).
b. Used as a disparaging term for a member of any dark-skinned people.
2. Used as a disparaging term for a member of any socially, economically, or politically deprived group of people: 'Gun owners are the new niggers... of society' (John Aquilino).
-------
Soo Using the word 'nigger' now, to me, seems acceptable when it's painfully obvious that a more than likely [african american] is showing "niggerish" traits... the Impact of the word isn't as great as it used to because people point out people's misfortunes all the time and not very often do people get upset over something as rediculous as that. Why have you put yourself in a position to have someone say that to you/about you? I just don't get it.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
using racial slurs most of the time is a brilliant way to show your own blatant ignorance. if someone is a total fucking twat, what the hell does race have to do with it. there are some black guys i absolutely hate, i dont hate them cause they're balck, i hate them cause they are stupid ignorant and over agressive. i insult them by concentrating on their bad points, not by using racial slurs. that just makes me look racist, and gets absolutely no point across.

as for racial slurs being funny, no. race has no real relevance anymore, or shouldnt, it doesnt affect anything about us, unless you get some moron who brings it up. america is especially good at conditioning people otherwise however. my mum used to be the registrar of civil marriages where i used to live, she was taking down the details of one couple, and when she asked their race, the man replied "black american", and she had a hell of a lot of trouble explaining to him that his racce was just "american" and that whether he was black or not had nothing to do with it.why does this exist, we dont say black-british or black-french, so why black-american?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it sounds like you care what people think about you.
otherwise
quote:
using racial slurs most of the time is a brilliant way to show your own blatant ignorance

this wouldnt matter.

sticks and fucking stones people.

and on that subject, when someone tels me that they want to be called African-American, i say, call me Europeon-American.

i like it.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
cujo0424
please tell my you're not trying to justify racism?
if so i would find it hard not to call you an ignorant facist bastard argument ended.

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but do they honestly want to be called african americans, or like the guy my mum dealt with, do they just automatically assume that "african" has to be added on. to me that shows that there is some segregation, if people feel the need to state the difference between white and no-white americans.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just call em black people and no one has complained, ofcourse, most of them are brown and not black - digging a little deeper, most black people are part white.

If you know nigger is going to offend someone, you shouldn't say it. But if you're offended by the word nigger, you might want to judge yourself on that to determine if your feelings have any justification before you take any action.

In the navy we called them nigger if we were joking. If you were angry or upset about black people, in discribing your anger, you certainly wouldn't use the word nigger, it would be black people. On occasions there would be fights and arguements, but most of the time we just joked around.

What I have a problem with is (politically correct). I refuse to be politacally correct, because its just a lie, a mask we wear, its not who we are. I don't think I would ever call a black person or refer to a black person as an African American - it sounds stupid.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Language/Subject Manner - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy