Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Defending Muhammed - Page 4

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heyjme, yes, the problem is that religion has become too materialistic. Religion is just a stepping stone, it is not the ultimate, there is so much life teaches you that religion can't even touch. but sadly most people either stop at religion, or they just denounce it, which causes the two sides of extremistism, both for religion and against it.
I have begun to think that the whole system of religion is wrong, because it has done more bad than good.......but if thorugh religion we can have people such as Buddah, Jesus, Muhammad, Christ on one side, and disturbed killers on the other, perhaps it is worth it? One jesus is worth a hundred idiots?

But I think now the time has come when the power of religion has begub to diminish. The argument for religion had been that withought it there would have been chaos, but now in the 21st century law and order can still be maintained by the governments regardless of the existence of religion dictating the moral values. Absence of religion in these times will probably cause more good, people will be able to be more loving....all major religions were established a long time ago, and unless another jesus comes, humankind may be better off withought it.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Absence of provocation and the increase in literacy rates and education reform would do us good.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But I think now the time has come when the power of religion has begub to diminish. The argument for religion had been that withought it there would have been chaos, but now in the 21st century law and order can still be maintained by the governments regardless of the existence of religion dictating the moral values. Absence of religion in these times will probably cause more good, people will be able to be more loving....all major religions were established a long time ago, and unless another jesus comes, humankind may be better off withought it.

I wasn't going to comment on this, but I am. Why do we blame all the worlds problems on religion, as if we could get rid of religion and that would solve all the problems.

You want to fix the problem then you have to teach those who have to share with those who have not. Believe it or not, this is what religion teaches us. Without religion then we can be greedy, lustful and gluten, taking advantage of those who are smaller, weaker and poorer, and no one can tell us we are wrong.

While it is shameful that there are powerful people who do this already who in the name of religion claim that they deserve to be this way by some religious providence. They don't do this because of religion and if you took away religion, they wouldn't go away. They would find another excuse or reason that they should have and others should have not, but this is not the base teaching of any religion I know of.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
Why blame the worlds evils on religion? Well maybe not all, but definately a big part. There have been mass riots and some killings all over the world because of the publication of the religious cartoons, Al-Qaeda and other such terrorist groups are based on the misinterpretion of religion, 5000 Americans could have been saved in the twin towers if Osama bin laden and other had a better understanding of religion.

Anyway, don't you think that we already know that killing someone, abusing, stealing is wrong? I definately won't start stealing if I stop beleiving in God, and even if I do decide to, the poilce is strong enough to handle me. People knew what is bad and good way before religion, religion just forced people to refrain from wrongdoings.

36yrs • F •
Angel, I'm surprised to hear such an opinion coming from you since it was you who stated in another thread that a lot of people in Pakistan are rioting because they have a lot of build up tension regarding the economic situation and that the cartoons were just another way to express that. You say yourself if there had been a better understanding of religion, then 5000 Americans could have been saved, SO, you are indirectly pointing out that religion makes things BETTER IF people really knew about it.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if a small man is wipped, bruised, beaten, and mugged does he forgive the man who done this? so he does. then it happens again. does he forgive? he does. so it happens again and again. until one day the man, now left with nothing but his heart and lungs says he will confront his enemy. He asks his enemy why do you torture me, but his enemy does not listen and continues to beat him. This is not Just, it must stop. The man stands tall and starts to fight back. So his enemy gets his friend. The man gets his friend, and so war begins.

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
 36yrs • F •
ITISASISEETIT, can you be more clear about who you're referring to?

64yrs • M •
The KKK claims to be religious, but they are just a very small group and so was Al-Qaeda, and still not a majority.

Was it a religious decision for us to bomb Iraq? It was greed, this greed impowers Al-Qaeda, without it, Al-Qaeda would be just a small group like the KKK. It has nothing to do with religion, but greed.

There's a very interesting book called Addicted to War, it displays a lot of interesting facts into why we create wars for profit - and there's a lot of profit in it, and they don't care what Jesus or Muhammed said or what the bible or the Koran says, all they care about is what their bank account says.

You get rid of religion, you won't fix anything and you might make things worse.

35yrs • M •
quote:
SO, you are indirectly pointing out that religion makes things BETTER IF people really knew about it.

Attolia, I m not against religion, only it's misinterpretation. Yes, people got a chance to vent their frustruations, got a chance to loot etc, but most people seem to have a screwed up version of religion which allowed them to do so.

Again, we may perhaps hear only the negative sides of religion. There are many out there whom religion has made better human beings.
There should only have been one major religion maybe, that was how it was meant to be perhaps. The Quran states that Christianity, Jewish, Islam were the same religion, they were/are just continuations of each other. The Quran doesn't say that the God of Christianity was different, it specifically states that the God that gave mankind Christianity and the Jewish religion was the same God who gave us Islam.

okcitykid, yes your right, Religion has largly become politcal. I feel that the most harm that the misinterpretation of religion does is that it creates divisions. Most people only reach maturity when they are in their elderly years, when they reliaze that ultimately it doesn't matter if you are a Christain or a Muslim. Sadly most immature people believe that their religon is the only true one, the rest is rubbish.

quote:
Was it a religious decision for us to bomb Iraq? It was greed, this greed impowers Al-Qaeda, without it, Al-Qaeda would be just a small group like the KKK. It has nothing to do with religion, but greed.

yes, that may be true for groups and organizations, but what gives them power is the impressionable people, who are not capable of thinking for themselves, and thus understand religion on hearsay.
I feel to hell with what religious organizations are doing, religion is ur private affair between you and God/nature/etc, yes one should look for gauidance if one can't understand alone, but ultimately you are an individual who should learn by himself. You learn absolutly nothing from life if you follow other people.

36yrs • F •
Religion is also about belonging to a certain group. And as long as its a group thing, you bet there will be social control of one form or another. That group will protect its reputation. So you can't just say "let everyone's religion be their private affair."

35yrs • M •
Yes, religion has a social role but ultimately its between you and God.

36yrs • F •
Ultimately, yes, but before we get to the Hereafter, we live in a world of people, so religion is not a private issue alone.

64yrs • M •
Angel of Death - You got it right. In Revelations it says, I stand at the door and knock, he who hears me shall let me in. We assume this is speaking of Jesus.

Religion is much this same way. Most will start out joining their group and believing that in that goup is truth and all else is false. Those who join religion are looking for God, and so the knocking begins, and those who truly are seeking will eventually here this knocking, and they will discover others in other religions hear the same knock and truth cannot be put into words or written down in books or preached from pulpits.

A good example is Malcolm X who originally believed that the black people were the chosen people and everyone else was an infidel but he discovered he was wrong and he began to teach the importance of all people and all religions and unfortunatly because of that he was murdered.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vain is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
your point of reasoning is unclear you are defending muhammed yet u ignore based facts. you can't judge an entire country according to some individual point of view, u see denmark is not responsible for such cartoons it is only one person and by the way instead of just spreading conflicts why don't u try to strengthen ur argument a bit more

""Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Kuja is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't agree with you. If there was any kind of democracy in that country, none of that would've happened, and as the rumour goes, Denmark isn't a discriminatory country. That means that there shouldn't be any bias in its press. Moreover, that magazine as I last remember didn't offer any kind of apology . Another thing, have you ever watched the photos? there is one where the prophet is wearing a scarf on his head that is a bomb, in my opinion, this is offensive. And let us imagine what would you do if you find a photo of jesus where his crown of spikes was drawn as a crown of anything offensive for example, I think that it would've been different, don't you think?

Defending Muhammed - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy