Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Defending Muhammed - Page 3

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Jews and the Christians have made friends, now they need to make friends with Islam. That would be a good time to discuss differences in beliefs.

Wouldn't that be nice.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
so what proof is there that muhammed is a profit? jesus performed miracles what did muhammed do? forgive my ignorance on this subject. im new to religion.

Prophet Muhammad gave us the Quran, and if you are intellegent and open enough, you can see the wisdom in it, the same sort of wisdom that exists in all scriptures. I do not beleive in anything, nor any religion, all religions preach the same thing. I am a Muslim by birth, but Hinduisim is as closer to the truth as Islam or Christianity.
But the majority can't understand deeply enough, it doesn't matter if there is life after death or recarnation, it deson't matter which one is true, what matters is that both beleifs make you a better person. Religion has been completely misunderstood, it has been made into a law, perhaps some people need religion to be that way so they can be secure, but other people who can have a deeper understanding of religion need not shun it.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so you have to be intelligent to see wisdom in the Koran? if there was a God wouldnt he grant everyone with enough intelligence to see the wisdom of the Koran?
And according to Islam, it does matter which religion is true. it states that if you do not follow islam you will go to hell when the world comes to its end. each religion is very different and you cant beleive in more than one religion because they all contradict each other they do not preach the same thing.

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
 64yrs • M •
The Koran recognizes all religion that believe in the judgment and specifically mentions Jew and Christian, claiming that not all Jews or Christians believe in the Judgement, but those who do will go to heaven.

I believe that all will be judged, but I don't know if that is the same as the judgement. I found that as much of the Koran I did read, it was pretty vague, one could get many meanings out of it.

35yrs • M •
quote:
so you have to be intelligent to see wisdom in the Koran? if there was a God wouldnt he grant everyone with enough intelligence to see the wisdom of the Koran?

if someone can't do a Phd in Physics, does that mean all of science is wrong?

quote:
they all contradict each other they do not preach the same thing

Go beyond the surface, go to the essence.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so youre telling me you need a phd in religion to understand its true meaning? i think there is a lot of misinterpretations and a lot of confusion in religion i actually think peoples beliefs are twisted most of the time.
religion is open to interpretation so for example in the koran it states Allah has commanded kill not anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islamic law).
hmmmm. so what is a Just cause? killing christians? thats why there is so much war and suffering. if Allah was all powerful would he not make it more specific to avoid this destruction. why doesnt he just proove his existence and shut up everyone for good. its such a misguided belief and full of ignorance. relgion!

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
 35yrs • M •
What I am saying is that people with lower capabilities perhaps can't go deeply enough, but they can still understand the basics. Thats why the Quran focuses more on aspects that the majority can understand.

However, yes, I myself have no religion, and if you can function normally withought one its fine, and perhaps it would be better if there wern't any, but people have a deep urge for some higher power, some meaning, and only a minority can function and realize that meaning for themselves.

oh, and actually no, christians are not 'disbelievers' in Islam, Muslims beleive in all the other prophets.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
religion does not need to be widely thought about, it gives you basic rules on how to live your life, and what god to believe in, thought is not required to get into heaven. thinking about your religion is a good thing though, that is a mistake islam makes. in a muslim school you learn, in a western school you think and learn. the same applies to their theology. islam does not like changes in its theology, either you take what they currently have or you find a different religion. it is brainwashing of the lowest order, you cannot argue if you dont have the capacity to think of a different standpoint. some muslims believe the west is attacking it by means of the media, they feel that western media is anti muslim. this is total bollucks, it is designed to amuse a western audience, but it contains ideas that are not in muslim theology, ideas that the muslims do not feel they need, and feel are detrimental to their religion.

no other religion could pose such a threat as islam does, because no other religion has such control over so many of its members.

back to the original issue of the cartoons, they should not have been released. but them muslims over reacted. 9 people died because some stupid shit firebombed a danish embassy. islamic nations seem to slip into mob psyche far to fast, and take insult far to easily. there should have been a protest outside that newspaper, and at worst some damage to their building.

i dont hate islam, however it may seem, i will not call a muslim a terrorist because they are muslim. i hate the people who do these things though, they are mindless idiots. unfortunately islam has helped bring these acts about, and it is islams job to purge the shit that has gathered on it.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 64yrs • M •
Most islamic clerics are denouncing the violence over the cartoons, I found that to be a good sign - but now thier is one who offers a million for the head of the cartoonist - well now, that is dissapointing.

I am sure that most muslims would denounce this one religious leader who offers a million - but one wonders, where is he getting the million from?

Like Pat Roberstson, most Christians dissagree with him, yet he is the most powerful of them all.

Why is this - I don't believe in Saten, but there is something to the saying that Saten is the ruler of this earth.

If would be beneficial for evil (whatever it is) to make that one christian who would hate muslims the most, the most powerful and like wise give that one Muslim a million to offer as an award for violence.

We cannot see God - but we know God exists when we witness nature, look at the world and you will know evil is at work here even though you cannot see evil itself.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sounds to me that a lot of the protests were not just about defending Muhammad's rep as much as it was about frustration about economic freedom from the West. Those Muslims who protest violently are hypocrites because a Muslim is supposed to follow Muhammad's example (like Christian's of Jesus) and, from what I've read, he was a pretty calm and peace-loving man.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
amen.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What I see is a dog eat dog world. Sides preaching the word of their idol and defending it with fear. In my eyes; the attacking individual or group and the Muslim are equally to blame. If theres one message no-ones listening to its that be spiritual; not religious. I ask you is the Jesus or Mohammed you truly idol as a hero, immortal? They are great; but not the greatest. If you need someone else's words to dictate your actions, rather than using them as one reference from many, what are you? Listen with your heart. Even if you dont agree with the spiritual tag; you can argue at least you'll be more in tune with your genetic makeup now this information has been read.

""No words""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Mohammed you truly idol as a hero, immortal? They are great; but not the greatest. If you need someone else's words to dictate your actions, rather than using them as one reference from many, what are you?

Human.

We learn from others. We are the results of all the influences upon us. Nothing wrong with looking for historical influences.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Simple misunderstanding...I meant to not focus on one idol or information dominantly i.e. not be 'dictated' by one thing but to 'refer' to many things.

To help get this: I invited a couple of ladies (Jahovas witnesses) in to talk over religious stuff (yep some people do let them in lol). We talked and listened for a while. Then I asked them how many times they'd read the Bible. One sadi 5, the other I think 8. Then I asked them how many times they had read Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist texts. They said they hadn't....

""No words""
 64yrs • M •
Good point - how can you claim your religion is IT when you haven't studied all the others.

Defending Muhammed - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy