Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

opinions on democracy PLEASE! - Page 2

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Excellent idea, the only problem is sure the presidents power is limited but what about congress.
Ya, right presidential limited powers? Like declaring war? Which is why the Marine Corp became the president own, so the corp were sent in to fight & it was called a police action.
Ya go out & buy a car & get stuck with a lemon, what do you do? Well, you could seek the dealer to repair the vehicle or replace it to your satisfaction. If He doesn't, then what don't do business with Him again?
Ole Texaco ad ' Always trust your car to the man who wears the star' (logo on his work shirt)? If the highest officer in the land lies & deceives you then what president does that set for your local magistrate?
Democratic Republic

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
New opinion on democracy: it just sucks becouse look at whats going on in our current "democracy". Scandals, spying, many other things about time we just either get a better leader of change political systems.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Our ports have been sold to Sadia Arabia - I asked my wife - Why doesn't an American company control our ports - she says that's the big question everyone is asking. Not only are our jobs going overseas but our ports as well along with our soldiers. This is certainly NOT a government for the people by the people, no, this is a government stolen from the people, sold out by a Democracy by MISREPRESENTATION.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • F •
Pokey4404 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
We have a say in who our representatives are.. and we have the right to
replace government officials if they aren't doing what the majority wants.. I'd say that's pretty awesome. Its just a matter of getting the people to educate themselves and take a stand against injustices... which is what we should be doing in the first place. I like what russm24 said.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The problem with politics is that there is too much say by corporations. Corporations donate during campaign elections to get their policies put forth. For instance when Obama was trying to pass health care reform his vote didn't pass. Well it did in the anonymous vote not the actual vote. Mostly because of campaign contributions by health insurance companies swindled the vote.

It's sad American politicians need to be celebrities thus needing so much campaign contributions. In Canada they limit campaign contributions thus limiting corruption. Why wouldn't a politician want to help the country? It's not them its the corporations who simply seek profit! BOOOO!

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe that voting for some one to make decisions for you is democracy. The people we elect are meant to be a mouth peice for the community so we can liase with other communities. As a community we should be aloud easy access as to what is going on in meetings between polititians that effect our lives and we should be able to re elect on our terms.
We must have an open and an aware society inorder for democracy to be possible.

"I hungry"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah technically all democracies are indirect democracies. This means we vote for someone but then they vote on what happens in government. We indirectly vote on issues.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All systems of government have pros and cons. I would like to ask what are you asking is better?
Under Hitlers rule we would be living on the moon, all under one government and speaking one language.
under ours were still floundering to take care of our own people.
Just a brief statement.
A democracy is meant to keep physical peace during politics. Convince enough people and you get your way eventually and vote out those you disagree with or are corrupt.
Were not even a full democracy, were a republic (ever notice all our movies say PRO REPUBLIC?) its a scaleable voting system to allow cities to county to state to country representation in a scalable government.
Money has historically made huge sways in governments. Corporations and private sectors have been making astounding amounts of money and searching for greater profit. Being that conflict drives profit, so long as we have profit seekers we will have problems. A full government run system is the only one that would try to appease people and keeping peace and overall prosperity.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
opinions on democracy PLEASE! - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy