Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Jeans and heels are painful - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let's all just ship ourselves off to Iraq because adversity builds character. As you can see, you can't always use that statement.

There a levels of pain. We recognize physical pain the easiest and respond more quickly. And that is what amazes me. We undergo physical pain for conformity. Then again, we also undergo pain to earn money, to be cured of our illnesses etc. Interesting....

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Possible death or possible pain there's a pretty big difference between the two. Regardless I'm sure you wouldn't see it as wrong to go through a little pain to attract a boy which is what modern women do with their heals.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
Wearing heels once or twice-possibly excusable, but every day? And what about those girls who wear mini skirts in the winter?

One reason I can't be too critical is because we all voluntarily put ourselves through physical pain for one reason or another, be it to maintain health, earn money, to please friends...

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
sobeit is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
girls look sexy in them wats wrong with that

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
girls look sexy in them wats wrong with that

Why should looking "sexy" cost a person's health or at least comfort?
Who defines what "sexy" is anyway?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • F •
quote:
we all voluntarily put ourselves through physical pain for one reason or another, be it to maintain health, earn money, to please friends

Do we have a right to criticize?

39yrs • M •
We are participants not just onlookers we have more right because we do it.

36yrs • F •
So it's ok to go through physical pain to earn money but not ok to attract a guy?

39yrs • M •
I never said it was ok. I said that experience qualifies us to criticise.

36yrs • M •
The problem with the world is it's far too easy to criticize. Anything can be criticized and backed up with reasonable points. There's no need to jump on things and yell blasphemy. Different circumstances calls for different outcomes. In the modern world things are done differently and it's understandable because things are different. We can't change the world and expect people to act the same. Save criticism for something important.

36yrs • F •
And millions of women undergoing physical pain isn't important?

36yrs • M •
Women choose the pain. They know that walking on heels causes pain. The only way to get them to stop is to make a rule against it. Which would you rather have freedom or opression? Order or chaos? Do you want to be controlled or walk free?

39yrs • M •
But do you think women choose pain purely because it makes them personally more content with themselves, or possibly they feel that they need to do it in order to attract certain attention or respect?

36yrs • F •
Exactly. I'm not against the freedom to choose. I'm not arguing about that either. I'm arguing about whether or not it is justifiable for women to undergo pain on a daily basis for the sake of looking attractive.

36yrs • M •
Some women feel that they have no talents and that looking hot or good is all they have. So they wake up every morning put that make up on, put on those sexy clothes, grab those heals from the back of their closet all to make guys like me grin. You go tell them to give up the one thing that makes them feel good about themselves because of the pain. They just think it's worth it.

Jeans and heels are painful - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy