The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts - Unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why Are You Angry - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i was also unwilling to post the reasoning behind my anger for fear of making myself angry in doing so, but since im already angry at the moment its a good time to do so... and ill probably feel better when im done.

im pissed off because as hard as i try, most people will never understand me and i will never understand most people. i see everyone around me being ungrateful for everything, getting caught up in completely pointless drama and behaving in ways that should have been left in elementary school. i am constantly disappointed in myself and my inability to have impact or create change in others. i recognize other peoples struggles, and feel as if no one cares for me and mine. i fail and disappoint on a regular basis, so im not better than anyone else, which in turn pisses me off more.

i have a lot of medical complications, i have insomnia, which never helps with anything. i dont feel like a victim, yet i get pitty all the time from strangers which makes me feel like less of a person.

i think about doing a lot of things but when it comes to taking action i feel stuck and helpless and ignorant, which frustrates me to no end. money is something that the word hate doesnt even do justice to.

groups of people piss me off because they all seem to share less than a whole brain between them. honest, genuine conversations are so few and far between, if they were any more sparse i would question their exsistence. honest, genuine people is a whole other matter.

im pissed, pretty much all the time. im also one of the most understanding, forgiving and caring people youll meet. go figure.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i can identify with that, i cannot stand watching people doing stupid and hurtful things without knowing that they are doing it. there is one girl in particular that i have the misfortune of knowing, who is the most ungrateful and spiteful bitch you will ever meet most of the time, she doesnt think of anyone but herself, yet she can never understand why people hate her and arent nice to her, when she feels like being friendly and happy. it irritates me even more because she's my gf's sister, so it's my gf who gets most of the grief, and it drives her to mad.

i get angry with my own laziness, i have every intention of doing things, but unless i am intersted in it, chances are i neverget round to it.

groups of people are totally brainless, mob mentality hits in and there is nothing you can do. even if they are your friends you just get alienated form the group if you try and pprevent it, unless the tie to one member is very strong, and then you can sometimes pull them from the group.

genuine conversations is a strange one, people dont lie that often, but on the whole most conversations are totally shallow and meaningless, or just a way of organising things. conversations of any depth or importance are few and far between.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i honestly do think i understand where you are coming from wyote. but i dont get pissed at that neccesarily, more that when i am not understood, i am punished because others arent smart enough.
i too repeatedly "fuck up" and i also have a tendency to hurt the people that care about me. that also makes me upset.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if you get mad at the fact that so many people seem to be shallow and superficial, then you are just letting yourself get caught up in the same superficiality that you despise them for. as a society we do seem to create and encourage this kind of egotistical behavior in the masses. but getting mad at people won't solve any problems. i'm not saying that you don't have a right to be upset about it, because you certainly do, but the only way things will change is if people start to recognize that there is a more fulfilling way of living. i forget who it was that said "you have to be the change you want to see in the world". if we can learn not to let the drama that people create get to us, then eventually that attitude will start to catch on.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We are angry because we are disappointed idealists.

I get angry when I can't/don't control myself, like when I act on my emotions and whims alone without giving it much thought.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
i dont think any of us has said we get angry at superficial and shallow people. in fact, i feel sorry for people like that.

i dont normally let my anger get to me. i am a generally happy person, moreso than a lot of people i know in fact. just writing off all of the worlds problems is no way to live life though, if something doesnt seem right then you should get emotional about it to a healthy extent.

a males natural emotional response is anger, which is partially why im angry all the time.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I get angry when I speak before thinking or act on impulse. I hate this quality about myself. It is so hard to control, but recently I have realized that it all relies on my thought process, so hopefully if I learn to think more responsibly, I will also speak and act more responsibly.

I get angry when people assume things about me without getting to know me first. Especially if they are vocal about these assumptions.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 38yrs • M •
when i say shallow and superficial, i was just referring to the kind of things you mentioned before. people who seem ungrateful and create drama. stuff like that. but i also think that if you get emotional about things, you can't really think about them clearly. emotions are just conditioned responses. our emotions don't come from the situations themselves, but how we think about the situations based on our past experiences. i would not recommend writing off the world's problems, but i also don't think that we can solve them if we let ourselves get emotionally involved in them, because then we will be acting on the same level of consciousness that created the problems in the first place.

40yrs • M •
i did not say that ungrateful people who create drama piss me off. i simply stated an observation. its the fact that these types of people exsist that angers me.

i disagree about your comment on emotions. while on the surface it does make sense for our judgement not to be "clouded by emotions" it is actually our emotions that drive us to conclusions. varying, strong emotions are a defining characteristic in humans. if emotions are harnessed correctly, they are an efficient tool in problem solving. the problem is most people do not even understand their emotions, let alone have control of them.

38yrs • M •
i agree that emotions can be useful, but only if we understand them. i think that people tend to identify with their emotions. that is, rather than recognizing them for what they are we mistake them for being who we are. "i am angry" "i am sad". when we get to that point, we have already misunderstood them. so when i say that we shouldn't emotionally invest ourselves in things that we believe need to be changed, all i mean is that letting our emotions guide us without understanding what they are and where they come from is a bad idea.

Why Are You Angry - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy