When I die, I want to die like my grandfather - who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car. - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The "F" Word??? - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Didn't we already go through this shit like a year ago on here?

"Dark and silent and complete."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
by cussing i mean insulting or swearing AT. bad choice of word sorry.

ive got to admit that almost no-one over here actually says proper nice or really nice to any great extent. i just meant overuse of any word or phrase, it was just an example that a girl i know oversaid.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Didn't we already go through this shit like a year ago on here?

Thats kind of a silly question, I'm sure someone has, but not I.

quote:
by cussing i mean insulting or swearing AT. bad choice of word sorry.

Well now I'm just confused, because you argued twice that it doesn't mean a person constantly cussing, swearing, but apparently you only meant at with intended insult.

Swear words don't JUST hold intended insult, or else they would not hold the versatility you yourself proclaimed, they are a slang exclamation as well.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
quote:
Well now I'm just confused, because you argued twice that it doesn't mean a person constantly cussing, swearing, but apparently you only meant at with intended insult.

it did mean a person constantly cussing and swearing, but only when they are doing it at someone with intended insult, like you said.
i was merely saying i dislike people overusing fuck for insulting people, the constant tirade of "fuck you" "fuckwit" etc is a waste of it, especially if used when not neccessary.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
clunton is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Leftwood, I like your fucking style... You are a cool cunt.
Cynic-Al, get fucked you peice of shit... You are a cunt.
Leftwood, how fucked up is this shit...? What a cunt!
Cynic-Al, I'm fuckin sorry for swearing at you like a dickhead.

You talked about socially acceptable... please... Any individual who can't take the words need to be institutionalised, it has become a condition.

The use of a word should be determined by how it's treated? Does that like mean that like i might like have to stop using like um like as like a means by like explaining my like affection or like whatever? Language by any means is subjective, which is why the use of the word fuck or any other swear word for that matter should be given as much consideration as the use of the word "of" or "the". Not feared or worse censored.

Also remember that shakespeare created a large portion of our language... (about a 10% bubble)

And he was only human... Just like you.

"My given name is Clinton Mark Lowe"
 36yrs • M •
the use of any word or sound as punctuation is irritating. it purely shows that you havent thought about what your saying before you say. i am well aware i talk myself in circles and forget what i was saying. the best idea is to stop fully and start again. "swearwords" are emphasis, they don't always need to be used.

ill agree, language use is subjective. accents and dialects no problem, but i just personally dislike wasting words, its a waste of breath, and all it does is annoys whoever is listenning to you.

prob is just me being a twat, but its a pet hate of mine.

The "F" Word??? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy