White thread from the west... yellow thread from the east...black thread from the south... and brown thread from the south-east...all together can make the most wonderfull design ever seen. - gothabomber
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I Got A New Theory on the Human Mind

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a freind said this
quote:
Thu human mind is capable of solving any problem it can think up.
of course i think he meant philosophical. and problems in relationships and stuff like that. no. i think he meant everything.

what do you guys think?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I kind of don't really believe in problems. A problem to me is really just perception. For instance it's raining. It could be viewed as a problem in that you will get wet. But of course you can also look at it and think that it's refreshing. It's not solved literally (for it is still raining) but it's solved in that you are no longer thinking of it as a problem.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From a relative point of view jacker, the human mind cannot fully escape "problems". We aren't omnicenient... or whatever the hell that word is. ¬¬

"Dark and silent and complete."
 36yrs • M •
You can't escape them but you can think about them differently.

35yrs • M •
Yes... but even if both of us dont believe in problems what do you think of the idea posted by aw? It's not about questioning the existence of problems, just think romantically.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

If I try to concentrate on accomplishing a discrete goal, like obtaining $500 to pay bills with, it doesn't happen. I must change my perception. Just as "there is no spoon" I must realize that "there are no finanical hardships." Instead of trying to make your problem go away, realize instead that there are no problems. They don't exist. Then the universe resolves them without you having to painstakingly try to find a resolution yourself to each one. Instead of trying to change your problem, change yourself. Then your problem disappears.

Instead of saying, "I want my spouse to change such and such a thing in their lives" say "There is nothing that needs to change in my spouse." You have changed your beliefs and perception, and the universe follows accordingly so that whatever your spouse needs to change will happen so that it lines up with your belief.

There is no objective world, only the reality of our mental state.

Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
Ooh look, what's that just flown by the window? Oh yeah, it's "The Point" followed by the wrong end of "The Stick", go chase, go on, go chase, there's a good little summit, dawww.

It isn't how we should deal with our problems. Please understand he wants your thoughts on if you believe the idea is truthful at all. Could some one come up with a problem that couldnt be solved?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Perhaps read the statement again. The statement mentions-
quote:
Thu human mind is capable of solving any problem it can think up.

Ask yourself the variables of interest. The most obvious variable is capability, hence indicating whether the mind is capable of solving a problem that has been thought of. Therefore it is necessary to discuss if and/or how problems can (only) be solved.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 40yrs • M •
clunton is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
1st part of my brain says:- "i have a problem... i'm trying to fold a peice of paper 8 times but i just can't. this is an unsoluble problem. "
A part of my brain from i would imagine the right side says, "what's your definition of problem? Couldn't this be defined as a simple impossibility...?"
The sevententh part of my brain says, "who cares... here's an answer... Don't fucking try!!!"
Result... Everyone is correct based on teir own perspective.
Point... Who Cares!

new problem posed... counfusion!

MUST SOLVE PROBLEM MUST SOLVE PROBLEM

"My given name is Clinton Mark Lowe"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
from the way the quote reads, i think that the person who said it meant mathematical or scientific problem. eg if you think up a mathematical question (for which we have enough information and there is a solution) then someone somewhere will be able to solve it. and with that i agree, we can.

as for relationship problems etc, i agree with jacker, it all depends on perception, you may find it a problem, but for someone else it is an improvement, or the solution.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
The mind's imagination can over rule and go ahead of physical capabilities. For instance the mind can think I want to jump and touch the sky yet of course this is physically impossible. But mind on mind I think the brain can always find a solution. For instance the mind would think about another's mind or reason or a problem in your on mind. So we can solve any problem mentally (or thought mentally) because the problem only exists in the mind.

43yrs • M •
JMaine is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hummm you can solve the problem by not thinking of one

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
true jacker, but like you said you can come up with a solution, but it is not always a practicable solution, your way of jumping to to touch the sky is a great idea, but like you said impossible, therefore if we wanted to get up into the sky, the problem is not proerly solved as we still have a problem.

you dont always have to think of a problem for there to be one.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
What I'm saying is that the body has physical limitations but the mind doesn't. Anything in the mind can be solved by the mind. The body can't always solve problems.

47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ha, ha, ha!
quote:
Ooh look, what's that just flown by the window? Oh yeah, it's "The Point" followed by the wrong end of "The Stick"

Ancient, you are hilarious!
Summit has a strong statement, though, and it actually does fit the point of this discussion thread. You should read his post more carefully.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy