If I ever acquire wisdom i suppose i shall be wise enough to know what to do with it. - Laurence Darrell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Intellagentdesign - Page 4

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thats right - We evolved from Adam and Eve who happened to look like apes - but they had no furr, remember, God had to make clothes for them.

So it be written, So it be true

or is it

Let it be written, let it be so

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Evolution involves changes within a population of a species. A 'species' is a specific term that includes single cellular organisms right up to multicellular animals.

I have to admit that evolution is not something I have much expertise so I heard statements "Sharks [or was crocs] have not evolved " [changed much] so the obvious question to me would be why not? Have they reach some pinnacle of their existence?
Definition of Evolution ascribed to species should give butterflies & moths as examples of such

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okcitykid: No your not on trial. I was questioning on, why should one have such a strong belief in ID, if there is a lack of significant logical and evidential reasoning.

cturtle: Sharks have existed for over 350 million years. They evolved over 100 million years before the dinosaurs did. The reason why sharks and crocodiles haven't changed much since their ancestors is due to their evolutionary success. They are incredibly adapted to suit their environment. A species that is so successful over time, will survive (survival of the fittest).

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 38yrs • M •
Ethereal: Fossil evidence of early sharks is from fossilized teeth. Paelontologists can perform highly sophisticated dating methods, to provide a reasonably accurate date of when sharks diverged from other primitive species.

64yrs • M •
While you know much more about evolution then I, I would not attempt to disprove it, besides I think evolution is possible. I.D. makes perfect sense to me and I can't see why God could not be the creator of evolution and I fail to show you this.

I concede then that we just see things differently.

38yrs • M •
Ethereal: Specific dating methods is the most accurate and reliable that we have today. Fossils of scales provide evidence of the earliest sharks. The oldest shark-like scales date back to the late Ordovician Period, about 455 million years ago. The fossil record shows the first major shark radiation occurred during the Carboniferous Period, 360 to 286 million years ago.

Why question this in this thread

72yrs • M •
Hmm . . . shark scales thats new to me or is it ages ago?

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In all honosty the only reason I don't believe in intellagent design is that I don't believe in God and by some random chance if he does exist for what reason would he create a world with ever changing environments. If nothing changed on the planet then we wouldnt need to evolve aye?

"Dark and silent and complete."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
In all honosty the only reason I don't believe in intellagent design is that I don't believe in God

I appreciat that honesty and I would have to say that I believe in ID because I believe in God.

72yrs • M •
quote:
That's right - We evolved from Adam and Eve who happened to look like apes - but they had no fur, remember, God had to make clothes for them.
Man didn't evolve from apes, he evolved from swine . . . note how they used organs from a pig for transplants? Therefore genetically compatibility is obviously indicates common origin, scientific proof.
You see the women had it right all along "Men are pigs."
So we can see the prohibition against eating unclean animals . . . most civilized societies reject [consuming others] cannibalism.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 72yrs • M •
Ya, I know 10,000 comedians out of work & I'm trying to be funny. The point being that medical/biological science uses more than just genny pigs for test & trails. Why? Because many species have similar systems which are close to human. That a limited number of DNA building blocks tend to show that biological life forms have common traits, sequence & number have more do with species distinction.
Considering snakes like the coral & corn, one is piosonous the other is not yet both have color bands which differ in order so it would be logical to accept 'random variations' as probable cause. On the other hand the hummingbird and an apparent look alike butterfly . . . that the butterfly evolved that looked like the bird? The detail & extent of similarity of coloration & apparent changes in color to form an visual image . . . that tends to stretch the limits of randomness to highly improbable?

38yrs • M •
quote:
On the other hand the hummingbird and an apparent look alike butterfly . . . that the butterfly evolved that looked like the bird? The detail & extent of similarity of coloration & apparent changes in color to form an visual image . . . that tends to stretch the limits of randomness to highly improbable?

Its not improbable. Never underestimate the capacity of evolutionary processes. This is a remarkable example, of how over time species have been so genuinely adapted to suit their environmental surroundings, that they have the ability to evolve in order to survive. Adaptations to specific environments are wonderful examples of the evolutionary process. This example is not directly linked to genetic mutation. It is an example either of processes natural selection and/or a form of speciation known as adaptive radiation.

[  Edited by summit at   ]
 72yrs • M •
Oh, ya right. I'll take that with a grain of salt.
What I do understand that it is amazing to the extent which life will go to come into being.
Consider a lowly lizard -- the cameleon. Just how does this little guy manage to change colours to match his environmental background? If this wasn't amazing in itself then one would have question 'how does it change & stop the change to match the leave or stick or a painted wall upon which it sits? Is the response, a reaction to stimulus, like emotion say fear? or mental. Is colouration due to or connected to his sight, knowing he is on a brown stick or a green leave? Or perhaps he has receptors within his skin which control colouration but then it doesn't change continually does it? So does it change in response to emotion or as a mental function?
So back to that strange butterfly, it just coinsidently changed [evolved] to match a bird which coinsidently happens to be evolved in its environment but coninsidently stops at the point & colouration to match a competeing species?
Hmm . . . odds seem to be getting longer & longer don't they?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Odds mean nothing in a universe that is infinite.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 64yrs • M •
Chaos becomes organized in an infinite matter of time, how does it maintain it's organized randomness?

I cannot believe creation in all its amazement, like the moth having wings that look like eyes that scare away birds just happens to be an accident that maintains itself for thousands of years.

Intellagentdesign - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy