Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What If Everything Is Fake And You Are The Only Thing That Is Real? - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok and I guess Descartes had it wrong too.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cogito ergo sum-I think therefore I am means- I am thinking, therefore I exist. Whatever has the property of thinking, exists. Reality only exists in the mind....individual perception.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, being real and knowing you exist are two different things. Saying that I am real means that this person who I am every one else believes I am does indeed exist, however the phrase refers to the consciousness... I think therefore there is existence.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The thing is, since none of us (as far as i know) have ever had any experience with esp, we don't know if anyone else exists. we know that because we think we have consciousness and therefore existence, but whether or not our consciousness is all that exists is still a mystery and will remain so.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Reality is only constructed on an individual perceptual framework. Consciousness exists, because we are aware of it, and it is part of a perceived reality. Anything beyond our reality is indeed a mystery, which will never be perceived.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that within each human mind exists the space and time of the universe. I've analyzed the problem of infinity in its confrontation with the concepts of three-dimensional space and linear time and concluded that, as Kant once asserted, space and time as we know and experience it are really only categories of thought and perception and not physical properties of the external world. Therefore, the world that we know is a very much like a construction of our own minds. Moreover, with respect to the concept of infinity in its confrontation with three-dimensional space and linear time, it may be imagined that within all things in this world of our own there exists an infinite universe of space and within each moment an eternity of time. Therefore, it may be asserted that within our minds there exists a vast universe of space and time which may include all things and possibilities of the past, present and future! Each of us, then, are very much like miniarure universes and, in fact, the only universe that may matter to each of us is our own, since we cannot know the world through the eyes of anyone else. In a sense, we are all that matter if not all that exists. Just a theory of mine.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RocketTed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What if everone beliefs in solipsism (i think therefore I am) and all of us solipisi(?) create a network that creates the universe we live in. I mean of course there will be flukes and other problems with this theory, but it could possibly work.

"Bad things to hear in a submarine: "Captain, the flooding put out the fire!!""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If everyone believed in it then it wouldn't work. For how could everyone be real (mentally) and then claim that you are the only thing that exists(mentally).

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
What If Everything Is Fake And You Are The Only Thing That Is Real?

Then to whom are you raising this question?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 36yrs • M •
well said, i suppose if i am the only real thing i am on here to organise my thoughts, and see what other parts of my brain have to say, and also just for my own amusement. but then again surely i would have a better idea of what was going to happen and how to react if i was only communicating within my own mind, unless the only thing in this world is one schizophrenic consciousness, mayb even god?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
clunton is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
how about just... I am. ???

"My given name is Clinton Mark Lowe"
 36yrs • M •
what do you mean by that?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

can anyone give a critique of "i think therefore i am"? i came up with two original ones a couple years ago..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 38yrs • M •
AbsentMinded is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The problem is that the human mind longs for closure. You are trying to find a particular google of an angle in a circle. What I mean is that you could hypothesize all your life and never find the closure, but if you found it you couldn't even be sure of it. Think about this. You're stating that everything could be "unreal" except "you." What if everything else "exists" but "you" and you are only a representation of a belief common to mankind. Think about a box within a box. Now contemplate the boxes being neverending. You're trying to find the last box where it doesn't exist but you in fact think it exists therefore it must. Perhaps that box does exist and you are just a thought thinking that the box exists where it really doesn't and it's substance is just that. All things are only representations of other representations. Now if you read all of that and contemplated it then you just followed a train of thought like many others. There was no true beginning and no true end. It made sense and didn't in part. It was a play on words with a point within. You see what I'm saying Matter does not constitute existence, just the intellect of the matter whether being true matter or a thought creates and existence just like you could be "fake" but you still exist through this means or the other way around. The more you think about it the more conclusions you can hypothesize and truly in the end all it was was a long train of thoughts that can't be sorted through.

What If Everything Is Fake And You Are The Only Thing That Is Real? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy