We discover what works by finding out what doesn't work, those who never made a mistake, never made a discovery. - Moonlightshadow
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Religious Interview - Page 2

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
but are you really trying to tell people who know Jesus that He didn't do what He said He did?

"people who know Jesus"

And who would that be exactly?

Often to the traveling salemen, or missionaries, I remind them of the wise words of often their own Bible, beware false prophets.

And then I ask them why I should believe their, uh, fantastic stories over the next guy knockin on my screen door looking to save my soul from eternal damnation.

Needless to say, they believe that is the test, and that of course they know the true answer, and everyone esle is just wrong.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I can see why someone would be sceptical of the existence of someone they never met but are you really trying to tell people who know Jesus that He didn't do what He said He did?

No I don't believe I ever said that. I simply said that I personally am skeptical of it all. I am in no position to tell you what he did or did not do, close friend of Jesus, because I don't know.

"How am I not myself?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If asked I would tell him I used to be Christian. Most of my life up to this point I have been surrounded with Christianity. All I ever knew was Christianity. I was always told Islam and Buddhism and all other religions besides Christianity were evil and controlled by Satan himself. As I grew up a little bit everyday I started to realize how ridiculous all of this was.

I know christianity has its good morals but it is like many also think, a human construct and method of feeling that empty void in all of us. Know one really knows why it is there but none the less it remains there. So people indulge in fantasy to such an extreme level to call it reality. A reality that is just as valid as the Matrix or Santa Clause.

Does the Matrix have you?!? lol jk

Much <3

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol theres not much proof it exisits so im starting my own religion its called the great timmo emperor of the world, teehee. I am th son o derek god of the world.

Hmm now im tthe son of god i should say something......... Christianity sux balls, party day in day out, who cares about some tragic story for little unwise minds.

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 33yrs • M •
Fallenchainsfan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
for one if a preacher came up to me and ask if i was a christian i would say i was and when he ask me why id say three words:
cause its true
and timmo you can do what ever you want to do but as for me im gonna serve the lord and when it comes down to judgement day well see that christianity exist

"if jesus died for you why cant you live for him"
 46yrs • M
quote:
and when it comes down to judgement day well see that christianity exist

And what if you are wrong little buddy? What if you picked the wrong religion?

Do we have a parting gift for the poor lost soul?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Leftwood, I know it can be a little annoying but please don't pick on the children.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 46yrs • M
quote:
Leftwood, I know it can be a little annoying but please don't pick on the children.

Excuse me? I pick on no one, if someone wants to make a claim on a open debate forum, I might point out that their foot is in their mouth.

And age is irrelevant, when you learn to think for yourself should not be postponed.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[quote]And what if you are wrong little buddy? What if you picked the wrong religion?[quote] or what if there is none in general then what?

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
Religious Interview - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy